Tazewell vs. Richlands

ttowndawgs41307

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was @ the Rich/Graham game on Friday and there were some folks from T-Town just below me (looked like coaches taking notes and all) and they got up to leave in the fourth and it just came out that Richlands would be in their house the following week and their reply was "It won't be this hard for you!"

richlands is hot and everybody knows it. they're the talk everywhere.. even over here in abingdon--the teachers and everybody talks about how good they are.. they have come this far without anybody scoring any points and i think they can go even farther.. they won't let tazewell get in their way to victory..let's go 6 and 0 friday blues!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It may be low scoring but it may also shock us all. Tazewell put up 40 last week and Richlands put up 30. I am just saying that it is possible for them both to put up some big numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG difference between Abingdon and Graham...no offense to any Abingdon player or fans....

[/ QUOTE ]

Our time will come, just gotta have faith smile.gif

Richlands is by far better than Tazewell, and playing them both I have to say every category goes to Richlands, except maybe trash-talking grin.gif

If Richlands doesnt lose by the 8th or 9th game....they will get cocky and start looking towards playoffs and lose either the 9th or 10th game.....if they lose before then (doubt it but still) they wont lose until maybe state finals if the lose that...but if they go 8-0 they will lose the 9th or 10th game...

[ QUOTE ]

If Richlands doesnt lose by the 8th or 9th game....they will get cocky and start looking towards playoffs and lose either the 9th or 10th game.....if they lose before then (doubt it but still) they wont lose until maybe state finals if the lose that...but if they go 8-0 they will lose the 9th or 10th game...

[/ QUOTE ]

How sweet

richlands fans wont agree with me of course....but think about it...Richlands will overlook their last game for playoff preparations....its gonna happen no matter how invincible you think you are....i think you will give up a touchdown...and it will go downhill from there....

That might would happen in Graham but in Richlands we take it one game at a time. Last year at our last game against Lebanon we didnt have to win it to make the playoffs so we could have done what u said but no..we shut them out 32-0. ONE AT A TIME< ONE AT A TIME!

we take one game at a time and dont look any further, and thats what everyone always says about us is that were cocky and that well get beat and they said that last year but week end and week out we produce on fiday nights......were not cocky, WE TAKE ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I was @ the Rich/Graham game on Friday and there were some folks from T-Town just below me (looked like coaches taking notes and all) and they got up to leave in the fourth and it just came out that Richlands would be in their house the following week and their reply was "It won't be this hard for you!"

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason i find that very hard to believe, there weren't many tazewell ppl there actually. maybe 20 or so... and tazewell had a game so why would our coaches be at richlands game? i actually don't believe that and if it isnt true i wouldnt want to get something started about "It won't be this hard for you!" because stuff like that causes fighting. so unless you absolutely knew this person and knew they were giving something to tazewell then i wouldnt comment on something like that.

[ QUOTE ]

and tazewell had a game so why would our coaches be at richlands game?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look around at the games you'll usually see someone with a clipboard or something wearing a shirt from another school. They are advance scouting one of the teams involved.

Richlands has one big thing going for them (besides their size, speed, strength, talent, number of kids, etc...) and that is the mental battle that is being played in every kids head all week long leading up to this game. If you dont think that knowing your getting ready to play a team that has not gave up a single point all year is intimidating, then you are crazy. Football is such a mental game that something like that can almost beat a team before the game is even played, especially if that team is a team like Tazewell who plays mainly underclassmen. Alot of Tazewell's players dont really understand how important the Rich/Taz game is.

The Dawgs will not lay down for becsue you are 5-0 and havent allow any points. And as for the scoreing i beg to differ. The past 4 to 5 games between these teams have went scoreless into the 4th quater! And been decied from there!! But if you wanna see and hear a good, and hardhitting game the come in to T-Town, and bring the storm. The winner will be decied by a turn over!!!

But what you people forget about the Back Yard Brawl is that records don't matter in this game. This game means more too both teams than any other. They as i mean both teams will be fired up, and ready to play. If both teams could only win one game a year this game would be the one that they would wanna win. But i think T-Town walks out with a upset!!! Good Luck to both teams.

GO DAWGS!!

GO TECH!!

GO SKINS!!

GO BRAVES!!