Marshall @ VT

BigD4VT

Where does ESPN find these announcers? They just said VT offered Bradshaw a scholarship but he chose Marshall instead... Wrong on both counts! Do they just make stuff up to fill airtime?

He was never offered by VT (I'm not sure why, I know I wanted them to.) He went to UVA and had a lapse of judgment when he ran from the poilce. Al Groh suspended him indefinately so he decided to go to Marshall. It's working out well for him IMO because he would have been forced into a DB role at UVA due the their weakness in the secondary.

Marshall is playing well today. They came in with a good game plan.

[ QUOTE ]

Branden Ore has stepped up big. That kid is going to be special.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said since August that Ore was the best back VT had and today he started proving that on the field. He's more of Lee Suggs though than Kevin Jones. The kid has great vision much like Suggs had. If you watch the replay watch how patient the kid is when he carries the ball, he waits for his holes to open if they are't there and then explodes. He can pound it up the gut or punch it outside.

I also won $20 b/c I bet someone on Thursday that Ore would have over 100 yards and he called me crazy. Whose crazy now? grin.gif

Humes might, might be back for the Maryland he said following the game. Regardless, he'll miss 3 weeks at the most. RB is one position Tech is deep enough that they can suffer an injury or two without any drop-off.

I hate it for Humes and Imoh, they're both plenty capable when healthy, but Ore is the starter while they're out and I don't see either of them taking that job from him when they return.

[ QUOTE ]

and lets just hope that number 11 on defense is not to serious with his ankle, we need him there in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adibi returned the very next series on defense and played the rest of the day until the first team was pulled in the 4th quarter...

Bradshaw had 83 of those 99 in the first half. I'm sure it was evident on TV b/c it certainly was from my view inside the stadium, but VT players were trying to tackle Bradshaw high in the first half and strip the ball. Obviously, those of us that have watched the kid play knows you won't be very successful against Bradshaw doing that. In the second half, the defense quit trying to strip the ball and simply hit Bradshaw, and hit him hard. On one play in the second half, Roland Minor picked Bradshaw up and drove him backwards into the ground. My wife, whom hates Bradshaw, stood up and went crazy. I've never seen her react that way before...lol

BTW: Marshall's offense managed merely 9 yards of total offense in the second half against the first-team Hokie defense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and lets just hope that number 11 on defense is not to serious with his ankle, we need him there in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adibi returned the very next series on defense and played the rest of the day until the first team was pulled in the 4th quarter...

[/ QUOTE ]

but he was coming up limping everyplay. I knew his name but didnt wanna try to spell it becasue i would have spelled it wrong. But we need him there in the middle.

Her dislike for the him comes from his days at Graham, her being a Tazewell alum. It has nothing to do with Hokie spirit, and everything to do with good ol' Tazewell County spirit. And the fact she thinks he's an arrogant....well I'll just leave it at that...lol

[ QUOTE ]

Also, did anyone else see that (Graham's) PACO JONES got in on a carry when the second team was playing. Paco came in for about a 2 yard run when the second team running back left hurt. Yesterday's game reminded me of Graham games of old.

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw paco come in for a 0 yard run, not much like graham's old days.

[ QUOTE ]

Bradshaw was offered late by vt but had already commited to uva too bad for vt i expect he will be an nfl player in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

VT NEVER offered AB...pulled out of recruiting him VERY EARLY. Had offers from UVA, WVU, and Marshall...with interest, but no offers, from several other schools.

They should have had at least more than that though in the 3rd and 4th, they had 2 passes ruled incomplete that weren't, 1 was a sizeable gain early in the 4th, to around the hokies 15.... They were reviewable but for some reason weren't, I agree with the announcer, what's the use in instant replay if they won't use it.

Not that it would have mattered game wise, but stats wise.

bradshaw had a commendable game as did the herd's rb smalls....