Va. High at Richlands

parsons

Congratulations Richlands on your win over Virginia High. I am concerned about two things #1 : I was embarrassed by a couple of our defensive players sportmanship (One player should have been ejected for throwing a punch)and #2 pass defense. Bearcats burnt the secondary on three sure touchdowns, that were dropped due to the rain. You need to work on both, before playing a good Carroll County team. Cavaliers will be the best team you will have to face this year, before the playoffs.

i was kinda thinkin same thing on that pass defense.they havent let no one score but its due to bad recieving .honaker missed a touchdown in the arms .things will definetley get a little tougher and more interesting from here on out.good luck to richlands.

Tempers flared on both sides. Not just Richlands.

It might have been the umbrellas blocking my view, or the hordes of homecoming fans who obviously thought they were required to make as many trips as possible to the concession stand, but I don't recall seeing three sure touchdowns by VHS. There was one where the reciever should've caught the ball in stride for a big gain, but he would've been tackled, and another open in the end zone that would've been a td if the throw had been better, but would it really matter if they scored one? It was 44-0 in a three quarter game.

Yeah it didnt really matter because VHS still would have lost by a lot but VHS should have had 2 touchdowns and possiable 3 if the receivers could have caught the ball. I would love to been able to say that VHS is the only team to score a TD on Richlands but it just didnt work out that way. The only weakness I see in Richlands right now is the deep pass coverage but the rest of their game is so dominant that it does not really matter. Good luck Carroll County

thanks and now its our turn to be the first to score a TD on um. maybe even beat them. and thanks to someone eles who said that we our the best team that richlands will play until the playoffs.

lol yea good one goalie haha lol, i just cant stop laughing...shew aight yea cc might be a lil comp for r-lands till the 3rd but if cc isnt ahead by about 200 points then it is going to be game over for em.... THAT A WAY BLUES KEEP TEARIN IT UP...

I think Carroll could be a tough game for Richlands, although Graham, Tazewell, and Honaker were tough games as well. I said before the season I thought they were a "Sleeping Giant", and at 7-1 it looks like I was right. It's going to take a lot to win your last two games though.

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations Richlands on your win over Virginia High. I am concerned about two things #1 : I was embarrassed by a couple of our defensive players sportmanship (One player should have been ejected for throwing a punch)and #2 pass defense. Bearcats burnt the secondary on three sure touchdowns, that were dropped due to the rain. You need to work on both, before playing a good Carroll County team. Cavaliers will be the best team you will have to face this year, before the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]................go blues and congrats to the entire team.......you don't know what was said or happened on the field. shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think Carroll could be a tough game for Richlands, although Graham, Tazewell, and Honaker were tough games as well. I said before the season I thought they were a "Sleeping Giant", and at 7-1 it looks like I was right. It's going to take a lot to win your last two games though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Richlands should take CC seriously...they honestly do have a very good team and a great kicker...I was watching the kid kick the ball in warm ups and he is one of the best I have ever seen...long towering FG's...he was kicking from the 35 yard line all the way back past the grass on to the track and they were all going through ABOVE the top of the uprights... shocked.gif

I don't think they will give you guys a scare if you take them seriously...I do think they might score the first TD on you though...and if its not bad weather if they can get to the 40 they can score..

The thing that Richlands has going for it in this game is the linemen can probably contain the middle and the ends for Richlands are so good they will be able to stop the stuff outside of the tackles I think...CC doesn't have anyone as fast as Marcum or Henry and if you can contain those two like you did, you won't have a problem containing CC's backs either...CC's line is about the same level as Grahams line I think as far as talent...the offense they run is a little more confusing to the LB's, but Richlands has good LB's and DE's...so I think they will be ok...the big one you have to watch for is the halfback pass...they burned Grundy on it last night pretty good...I'm sure you will see it at least once next week...so as long as your DB's don't get caught looking in for the run every play and stick to their assignments you should be ok.

strange as it seems, next weeks game is for the SWD title...winner takes it all and a playoff spot...who wants it?

I don't really care if they score as long as Richlands scores more. I'm proud of the Blues for not giving up a touchdown in eight games (and finishing the home schedule without allowing any points) but it's really not important.

If they still run the same offense they have in the past, it is very confusing, but Richlands is pretty disciplined on defense. How is CC's QB? Can he throw the deep ball, and do you think their line can give him time?

He's a good QB...can throw the ball...the thing I noticed is that they didn't turn the ball over, they are a very well disciplined team...that's one thing that Grundy has done well this year is cause turnovers...and recover the ball...if it hits the ground Grundy seems to get it about 75% of the time...CC didn't put it on the ground...Richlands gets a little careless at times and tends to turn the ball over...basically all the scoring on you guys this year is a result of that...if you turn it over CC will score.

The QB runs the O well and like I said, doesn't make many mistakes...#7 - Yates is very good...he can throw the ball and run the ball, he's a big kid and blocks well...well rounded player...the thing you have to watch out for is the hand off to the wing back around the end...Grundy never did stop it and CC got good yards on it all night long....I think you guys will be able to handle it though. As far as time to throw...that will depend on how you get after them...I'd blitz them often if I were you guys...I don't think they can stop you and the way the offense is...I don't think they would have time for some of the plays to develope because you guys can get in the backfield...so if you get aggressive from the start CC will have a long night...if you let them get rolling they might just put you behind for the first time this year.

Another thing...don't expect any return yards from Jennings and get ready to start from the 20 every kick off...which hopefully that'll only be 1 time smile.gif the kicker kicks it in the endzone on every kickoff and the hang time on punts is almost always going to be a fair catch unless you can hurry him or it's duffed.

Some people don't realize how important a kicker like that is. If you take away Richlands' ability to return kicks you're doing a lot!

Speaking of touchbacks, Mr. Gayheart added one to his list of accomplishments last night.

Im glad to see that that win over Grundy last night is getting us a little respect.

But come on people, dont ya want to see Carroll win???? confused.gif

It doesnt matter to me though cuz i always want them to win. I just hope that we CAN win. Which i think we can.

Lance is by far the best kicker in SWVA, possibly the state.

Although i am a homer.

DOH!!

i agree with you.....this was a strange game in regard to the r'lands d.......they did't have a strong pass rush....didn't get as much penetration as usual.....blew some coverages.......and still get the shutout...i think in some regards the d may have taken this game for granted....on one of the passes that vhs threw that could have been a td pass i thought richlands d'back just didn't drop back as fast as normal....maybe they've been spoiled a little and need to realize they have to play 100% all the time...hopefully playing better competition this week will provide a little more focus.......we beat vhs by 44 and i thought we seemed a little flat on defense