VT VS Turps

Bulldogs52

Yes, they were both GA's at Maryland before working together again at the Citadel. I think they might have been at Murray State together as well, but I'm not positive of that. They're wifes are also very good friends and the four of them were in lamas class together.

Expect Tech to win the game easily but, unless they get on a roll, it won't be as bad as last year at Lane. The "Night game at Lane" factor had a lot to do with that game.

Yes, they are long time friends. But, don't let that that fool you. Coach Friedgen (corrected previous spelling error) went nuts last year when Beamer kicked a field goal right before halftime last year to make it 40-something to 0. He will have the Terps motivated. Nothing like a good ole' fashioned butt kicking to get you motivated. This is a huge game. Friends or not, Maryland would like nothing better than to knock off the #3 team in the nation.

[ QUOTE ]

my thoughts???? hmmm...is there a way to make sure BOTH teams lose??? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, just go to sleep and dream it. While you're at it you can pretend UT and WVU are playing in the Rose Bowl grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was the play calling just piss poor execution. They have to be able to punch it in. Can't let teams like Maryland keep hanging around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the play calling had a big part in it. First, on 4th and goal from the 2 you run Imoh up the gut? Are you freakin' kidding me? Imoh isn't a goalline, up-the-gut back. Put ORE in the freakin' game.

Second, when you have the ball inside the one yard-line you DO NOT take it off the line of scrimmage. Run a freakin' QB sneak and stick it in the endzone. The ball couldn't have been any closer to the goal-line and genius calling the plays took it off the line of scrimmage.

Stinespring, the majority of the time, calls plays "not to lose" instead of calling plays to win. He isn't a risk taker and I'm telling you, it's going to comeback to haunt Tech this season. Tonight is setting up beautiful for an upset, everything is falling into place. It should be at least 21-3, but instead it's only 7-3. Maryland has the big mo and the emotion. The first series of the second half offensively for VT will be HUGE.

Should be 28-3.... grin.gif

Sorry folks, but I'm very intense when my team is playing. I like to watch games by myself when my team is involved b/c I'm so intense. Every missed opportunity kills me, especially like tonight inside the 2 yard-line. I couldn't be a coach, my players would hate me b/c I demand perfection...lol