Most shocking score from tonight...

Bluefield_Rules

My vote goes to Brookville (3-4) knocking off Amherst Co. (7-0) There are those in the Lynchburg area that having been touting Amherst as the class of Region III, Division 4. Brookville may not even make the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the real shocker: Oak Hill 21, Mount View 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

i gotta agree

losing to a team that has only two games all season, shocking, the only thing that could beat that is if someone like Westside was to lose to a winless Sissonville

Doesn't shock me at all. Mount View year in and year out has the best talent in the state of West Virginia. If they had any coaching at all they would never lose AA. Someone who watched them play Bluefield described them to me as this. As much talent as Graham 01 with better QB play. That is pretty talented, which tells me they need a new coach, but who wants that job? If Fred Simon had that job he would be putting State title rings on his toes by now.

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't shock me at all. Mount View year in and year out has the best talent in the state of West Virginia. If they had any coaching at all they would never lose AA. Someone who watched them play Bluefield described them to me as this. As much talent as Graham 01 with better QB play. That is pretty talented, which tells me they need a new coach, but who wants that job? If Fred Simon had that job he would be putting State title rings on his toes by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in the area any more, but it sounds like the kids are plenty talented, but that the coach has a hard time reigning them in, like the kids who commented to the reporters about how good they were.

Some of it was before my time, but the old Bluefield teams under Gainer and Chmara...they didn't always have the best talent, but they played well as a team, were willing to be coached, and that made for a heck of a combination. I mean, stuff like every player would look the same in the uniform....very much like military discipline. Not sure how well that would work today with the kids of 2005, but they've got plenty of talent down there, if they could harness it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the real shocker: Oak Hill 21, Mount View 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

i gotta agree

losing to a team that has only two games all season, shocking, the only thing that could beat that is if someone like Westside was to lose to a winless Sissonville

[/ QUOTE ]

oopps guess i spoke to soon

Westside falls to winless Sissonville, thus falling with the loss is Westside's hopes of being in the playoffs this yr

also upon this loss comes the announcement that Westside Coach Silas Mullins has announced his retirement from the game of football, Silas is a true legend in Wyo. Co. coaching a many good teams to good yrs, Silas has done a lot for Westside and Westside football, among those is two playoff appearances, including one that saw Westside and Bluefield square off in the semi finals!

i wish Coach Silas the best of luck in his adventures outside of football

and here is hoping whoever they hire to take his place as the head coach of Westside will pick up where he left off and then some!!!

as for now us folks at Westside will start to look to the season we love the most (or at least i will) and that is basketball season, cant wait!!!