early thoughts on honaker and tazewell next week

litltiger

don't get me wrong its going to be a good game but i just don't think honaker has enough were running the ball to good you played two good teams all year lost one in a shut out and the other one you one by just a couple of points come on now tazewell will pull this one off they are fired up jarod burton is going to contain bostic and the run will be stopped by jarod riddle and morgan lowe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see this is where i agree with you they are a good team not taking anything away from honaker tazewell has just came on the last two games and are a strong football team thats why i called the score 14-7 not a blow out or anything

[ QUOTE ]

but look how close that game was tazwell rushed for over 500 yards last week can you honestly say that honaker can stop that

[/ QUOTE ]

Honaker's defense and Grundy's defense this year are miles apart...don't expect much more than a couple of hundred yards total offense from either side in this game...should be a good defensive game.

[ QUOTE ]

plenty of room visiting bleachers are just about as big as the home stands

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that...I got there at about 6:00 for the Richalnds/Tazewell game and could't get a seat on the visitor side, I had to set on the Tazewell side where there was plenty of room even when the game started. It may have been that there were more Richlands fans there than Tazewell fans, but I wouldn't think so. But either way it is probably as big as Honakers home-side seating.

Honaker has an 8-1 record with their only loss to Richlands 37-0. Honaker has played some of the same teams we play...Va High which they beat 27-21 and spoiled their homecoming; they beat Abingdon 27-20; they beat Lebanon 42-25; all of these are teams that we play. They beat Twin Valley 60-13 and Twin Springs 39-7; John Battle 52-18; they beat Haysi 14-9--probably their toughest game--and they beat Hurley 61-8 or something like that. Not to mention that a lot of these same guys from Honaker were on this same team that beat Tazewell in Tazewell two years ago. We won down there last year. A win for the Tigers gives them a number 1 seed and believe me they will come prepared to win. With the changes Tazewell has made, I have no doubt that they will give it their all as well. It will be a great game!!!

I have been looking forward to this game, more than any other non-Richlands game of the regular season. In my opinion, these two are the most evenly matched teams in the area. Both lines are very good, and have very good defenses. I would give Honaker a tiny edge on the offensive line. Defensively both teams are equal. In the backfield, I think they are very even as well. I would give Tazewell the edge in the running back position. McDaniel and Saunders now form a very effective 1-2 punch, and Wilson is an excellent fullback. Honaker's Hayes is a very consistent running back as well, but can't shoulder the load alone. The biggest edge Honaker has over Tazewell is at the quarterback position. Muncy is still unproven, while Bostic is one of the best in the area. His arm is adequate, but his feet are what make him most dangerous. He works most of his magic when the pocket breaks down or when he reaches outside the tackles. I would consider him to be the best open-field runner in the area, next to Caleb Jennings. In the end, I would have to take Tazewell in a very close one 24-21.

[ QUOTE ]

thxs mopr. both teams will be prepared for a good game. but if tazewell comes in with a cocky attitude then they will be doomed. im not taking sides im judging by what i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont find any of the bulldog players to be cocky at all. yeah they are pumped and ready to win, but thats different. and if u are from tazewell how can u even come in here and talk trash about tazewell like that? this message board isnt for talking trash about anyone so just stop, really.

im judgin the game by what i've seen out of both of the teams. yes tazewell does have some advantages but so does hoanker. bostic is the top in the area and yes tazewell does have some great players but i dont think tazewell will have the speed to stop andrew bostic.

Tazewell's got the speed to contain Bostic. Our starting D-ends (Burton and Wilson) both ran sub 5 40 yard dash's. Burton had a 4.8 and Wilson had a 4.7. As comparing Muncy and Bostic, Muncy is a FRESHMAN while Bostic is a senior. You can't compare those two.

[ QUOTE ]

im judgin the game by what i've seen out of both of the teams. yes tazewell does have some advantages but so does hoanker. bostic is the top in the area and yes tazewell does have some great players but i dont think tazewell will have the speed to stop andrew bostic.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this trash talking means nothing. When Tazewell and Honaker suits up and goes to war there is still only one team that can come out on top. So good luck to both teams.