Congratulations to the 2005 SWD Champions!!!

BigD4VT

2 consecutive SWD titles!

8 consecutive SWD wins!

9 consecutive wins overall!

18 consecutive regular season wins!

20 wins in last 21 games including playoffs!

Outscored opponents 311-12 in 2005!

Outscored opponents 193-0 at home in 2005!

Way to go BIG BLUE!!!

I am so proud of our young men. They have the title and did it almost pentalty free.Our young men showed a lot of charcter. I know we have 1more regular season game. I hope Our coaches will remember the Salem game last year and start practicing more than 1 ball carrier. [ QUOTE ]

You cant do an assignment if you never practice it. <font color="blue"> </font>

I knew you could do it. But i never made any predictions the entire year. To the blues you worked hard for this swd title, but alot more to do.(i hope you agree) I hope the coaches don't forget what got them here, don't forget what type of offence got them here.West coast type sure helped them alot this year. And again to bambam and the rest of the guys hard work always pays off. Just show the rest of the teams how hard you southwest va. boys work.

<font color="blue"> </font> proud of all you young men. and i hope you continued success...Go blues! smile.gif

lol...hard to prepare for a speed mis-match like you had last year against Salem...they had 3 kids faster than anyone you could put on the field and that's what killed you...I wouldn't blame that loss on poor prep by the coaches...I'd blame it on losing to a team that just had more talent at skill positions...which is the same reason why you guys have a great shot at it this year.

I think you guys have more team speed this year, but you'll see all the power and speed you can handle if you get to meet up with Liberty Bedford...never know though, someone might get lucky and knock them off for you smile.gif

I think they are the only team that can give you a run before state...I don't know what went on down at CC because i didn't go and have not talked to anyone yet who went, but you guys must have done something weird because you are at least 3 td's better than them...they are evenly matched with Graham at this point from what I've seen...no way they should have been able to stay that close with Richlands.

Good luck though...it would be awesome if CC and Richlands could both bring home state this year!

yeah that's the only real weakness i've seen for you guys so far...you tend to put the ball on the ground from time to time...figured that would get better as the season went on...i think most of the points scored against this year were a direct result of turnovers.

Four turnovers in a playoff game will end the season for any team on any level. I'm glad the "touchdown streak" is over. At this point in the season, it would serve as more of a distraction if it continued into the playoffs. The Blues as well as the fans were shell shocked when they caught that TD pass. It was just fate that the EP was wide. What Richlands needs to understand is that anything less then their best effort will get them beat. Why? Because WE are everybody's big game. The Roanoke Times reported that CC was approaching that game as the biggest in their school's ENTIRE history. And that is what the CC players obviously believed because they were relentless. What bothers me the most is the lack of killer instinct. I've heard and seen others talk about the game and praise the effort. But in reality, Richlands has arguably more pure talent than any other in school history including 1992 and certainly more than any their opponents (no disrespect to CC or any other area teams.) The Blues came out and had a strong opening drive and then just waited for CC to quit. The talent difference between the two teams is not comparable, but, that didn't bother CC. I mentioned the talent level between this years team and the 1992 team. The difference is the '92 team were UNDERDOGS all year long and we were hungery, we were the predators. This years team can go down as arguably the greatest team in school history or simply THAT team that had all that talent that let it slip away. I prefer the first option. My point is this, you cannot have letdowns, you have to sell out every snap of every game, you cannot be the hunted you have to be the PREDATORS!

[ QUOTE ]

I think you guys have more team speed this year, but you'll see all the power and speed you can handle if you get to meet up with Liberty Bedford...never know though, someone might get lucky and knock them off for you smile.gif

I think they are the only team that can give you a run before state...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Region III champ, regardless of whom it is, will give Richlands fits. Liberty, Hidden Valley, and Christiansburg are all quicker than any other team Richlands will face up to that point. And if the Blues play the way they did Friday, things might get ugly.

I'm not convinced that Liberty is the team that will ultimately win Region III because the Minutemen have a bad habit of choking in the playoffs. But I do think that Liberty would've hung 30 points on Richlands the way the Blues played Friday.

Pass defense in particular is something that Mance needs to work on. Richlands gave up way too many big plays against Carroll County. A faster team would've made RHS pay dearly. McCracken isn't going to be able to stand flat-footed in the pocket, either.

I'm hoping that Friday was just something that Richlands needed to get out of their system, but there is much to be concerned about heading into the playoffs....

Well said. I don't think the Blues played up to potential against Carroll. Especially when you are within around 20 yds. of scoring 4 different times and fail. I have noticed a slight change since the beginning of the year. At the first of the year our offense mixed things up quite a bit more than now. It seems that now one or two people are in on every play and ANY team eventually will key on those players. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but we didn't appear to be as cohesive a the team on friday, as I have seen them be all year.

Richlands has had an incredible season thus far. Friday night was a gut check and the defense found a way to win the game. The offense sputtered inside the Red Zone. Hopefully the Blues can become a little more creative and not so predictable on certain plays. Many people know Mance always has something up his sleeve!!! Good Luck BLUES on a perfect regular season.