Early thoughts on the Graham and Tazewell game.

football09

Piedmont  

1. 1. Piedmont

tazewell played good for 3 quarters then in the 4th graham stepped it up a notch or 2 and kept tazewells offense off the field. when a team only touches the ball 5 times in a quarter that says something for the other teams defense. as for the late hit it was because he led with his helmet more than being late. called a personal foul. late or other wise cannot lead with the helmet period. that was a mistake but as far as measurements there were several for tazewell that should have been measured also but the refs decided not to so you go with what you get. still overall graham is playing much better with the freshman qb getting better and now you have 3 running backs to watch when in the first game all tazewell had to do was key on henry. i realize tazewell has made changes but graham has improved more than any other team in the district over the past 4 games. and i feel that they will win this one because they have a lot to prove to everyone of their doubters in the region who still think that graham is not as good as cc or tazewell.

in my opinion they are a better team now with the experience the qb has gotten. now who will the dogs key on. not just one to worry about anymore.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's graham going to key on now eric mcdaniel or david saunders or maybe justin wilson or how about thomas lewis or even tj rasnick switch with burton at defensive end makes all the difference gavin angle had a safety in the last game that the refs marked on the 3 yrd line the quarteback was running straight backwards where was the forward progress there was none. both teams are good don't get me wrong but what your sayin graham is so good so is tazewell. good luck to both teams it will be a great game.

there was no safty the qb was on the 3 yard line when he was hit and pushed into the endzone so forward progress was where he was hit. the only way it was not forward progress and a safty in your thinking was if graham had the ball to start in their own endzone. even if the ball was on the one at the snap the qbs forward progress if he took the ball and was hit still would not be the endzone unless he was handing off and stepped into the endzone. and in the game he did not step into the endzone but was pushed into the endzone. so no safty. that was just wishfull thinking on tazewell faithful for a safty. was not even close to that. as far as who to key on grahams defense will swarm all over. tazewell does not have the 3 backs that graham has. tazewell showed that they could not hang with graham when the going got tough. if they are that good how come they only had the ball for 5 plays the entire 4th quarter. this is a totally different team than when they met earlier. more so than tazewell is different. granted they have made changes but graham has not had to make a lot of changes just get the qb more confidence which he now has.

over all tazewell is still the same team that fell apart under the pressure of the graham defense thru 4 quarters. the graham offense was not there until the end.and the graham backs did not get the ball much other than henry.

the interception killed em i admit it they quit after that two missed tackles also your right we did fall apart in the fourth quarter and thats all there is to it you keep saying the fourth quarter it wasn't physical it was mental now that tazewell has a little steam watch out and confidence with ol matt muncy i think that jarrod riddle gavin angles and jarrod burton and justin wilson will have a big game also if they fire up the defense

I think Tazewell will win this time. The coaches have made some changes and they are a better team than what they were. They want this game so much and I think they will get the win!!!! GO DOGS!! GOOD LUCK!!!! <font color="green"> </font>

I think if Tazewell can't get the ground game going they're going to have some trouble.Muncey doesn't have alot of experience. If he has to make alot of decisions, it will be hard for Tazewell to pull out a win.

the fourth quarter was physical also. and mental. grahams defense kept tazewell away from the ball the whole quarter. tazewell only got to touch the ball 5 times the whole quarter. that is more than mental it was not just because tazewell fell apart that happened but graham had a lot to do with that. playing inspired defense and offense the entire quarter. make all the excuses you want graham did what they had to to win and tazewell could not get anything going because of graham.

david sauders was not running the ball then also tj rasnick which starts on defense was out that game with a ruptured appendix you guys have a great team i never said anything to take away from that you act like graham is opressed or something like nobody gives them credit there 8-2 on the season so how can anybody say they are bad. they beat tazewell once already we know but when playoff time comes its a different ball game. So I think we can just throw the whole regular season out now no excuses because who ever loses this game goes home.

it is true not many give graham credit for much. before we played tazewell it was being said that graham was not as good as tazewell then we won but then excuses like there was a safty that was not called then the interception that graham got at the end people saying that it would have turned the game around for tazewell. then people were saying that graham was not as good as cc because of how cc held in with richlands. then we stomped cc. then again the excuses. cc was not in the game because of the richlands game they gave up. that to me is not giving graham any credit for these wins at all. richlands beat graham handly and beaver beat us in game 2 and i know at that time those teams had more to do with grahams loss than anything else going on with graham. no one even now thinks that graham should be number 2 in the gilliam ratings. because we lost to beaver and to richlands. when a teams wins it has a lot to do with that team and a little luck also but more with how a team plays. as far as players go graham was using the freshman qb and he now has more experience but that does not matter. graham is playing a lot better than tazewell at least i think they are. but my opinion does not matter in the long run. i have nothing against tazewell at all. but i do think that graham had more to do with winning against tazewell than those from tazewell want to give us credit for.

[ QUOTE ]

it is true not many give graham credit for much. before we played tazewell it was being said that graham was not as good as tazewell then we won but then excuses like there was a safty that was not called then the interception that graham got at the end people saying that it would have turned the game around for tazewell. then people were saying that graham was not as good as cc because of how cc held in with richlands. then we stomped cc. then again the excuses. cc was not in the game because of the richlands game they gave up. that to me is not giving graham any credit for these wins at all. richlands beat graham handly and beaver beat us in game 2 and i know at that time those teams had more to do with grahams loss than anything else going on with graham. no one even now thinks that graham should be number 2 in the gilliam ratings. because we lost to beaver and to richlands. when a teams wins it has a lot to do with that team and a little luck also but more with how a team plays. as far as players go graham was using the freshman qb and he now has more experience but that does not matter. graham is playing a lot better than tazewell at least i think they are. but my opinion does not matter in the long run. i have nothing against tazewell at all. but i do think that graham had more to do with winning against tazewell than those from tazewell want to give us credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever geek! blush.gif

you know tidbitt

i did not call you names nor was i talking to you anyway but i respect your opinion except when calling someone names on this board. at least i am above you on that point i refuse to get into a name calling battle with someone the likes of you

oh well continue with the excuses why graham won the point is we won and will win again even with the freshman qb just like game one. tazewell will find it hard to stop the graham running game this time. i dont know why you guys continue to want to make the excuses and not give graham the credit for the win. i give tazewell credit for the way they played for 3 quarters but as we all know a game consist of 4 quarters. graham stopped tazewell when they needed to and tazewell could not stop henry in the fourth. and now you have the rest of the team playing better. graham is peaking at the right time for this game. and you have to come here to play. for once i would like someone to actually give grahams defense and offense for the win against tazewell not say that tazewell gave up. that is demeaning to the graham team by saying that they had noting to do with the win at all.

[ QUOTE ]

david sauders was not running the ball then also tj rasnick which starts on defense was out that game with a ruptured appendix you guys have a great team i never said anything to take away from that you act like graham is opressed or something like nobody gives them credit there 8-2 on the season so how can anybody say they are bad. they beat tazewell once already we know but when playoff time comes its a different ball game. So I think we can just throw the whole regular season out now no excuses because who ever loses this game goes home.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i stated we were not making anymore excuses i think that is apparent

you may have stopped but others continue and until they stop i wil continue to defend graham and their wins against both tazewell and cc because they won them they were not given the win by either team.

[ QUOTE ]

you know tidbitt

i did not call you names nor was i talking to you anyway but i respect your opinion except when calling someone names on this board. at least i am above you on that point i refuse to get into a name calling battle with someone the likes of you

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever geek.! blush.gif

Real classy...

Homefield advantage didn't do much for Graham the first time it appears. Regardless of that fact, Graham still won game one, because of Tazewell's blunders. In my opinion, I think Tazewell will have this in night all game, and they will play nervous all game. You can't play nervous against Graham, or you'll get run all over. Graham wins by two TDS, 27-13.

seems like that is all you know what to say tidbit but then again have to consider where you are from then you understand why you are the way you are. but i still will not lower myself to your level of name calling. you can continue with that but all it will succede in doing is show how small minded you really are.

I think too many people confuse reasons with excuses. There are reasons for every win and every loss. Tazewell made mistakes in the 4th quarter and Graham capitalized on them. That's a reason not an excuse. I think Tazewell wins this time but it will be close.