VA HIGH IN THE PLAYOFFS

swd

What does everyone think about VA HIGH going to the playoffs. They have not beat a team with a winning record all year. When is the vhsl going to do somthing about the highlands District. I mean come on abingdon marion lee and va high who couldnt win that distict. Anybody have any comments on this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VHSL really does need to do something about this. There are teams that have been 9-1 and 8-2 and haven't gotten in. In '96 Graham went 7-3 but didn't get in to defend our chamionship but last year we went 5-5 and got in. They should make the highlands join the SWD regardless of what Lee says or does.

as far as them being in the playoffs its the same deal as rye cove in D2 a deserving team gets left out of the playoffs because some weak team wins a weak district its a joke the highlands and southwest need to be put together and the Reg D needs to be redistricted but will it happen no. The districts should be competitive between each other but we all know about the VHSL(I like the WV system but I also like having districts confused.gif

The old southwest district was very competitive, Richlands, Graham, Grundy, Tazewell, Lee, Marion, Virginia High, Abingdon, and Lebanon, that was a district where every week counted, Even without Lebanon who is now single A the district 7 deep would be great and two maybe 3 teams would still get in the playoffs, Slap Carrol in the district with Christansburg or Pulaski and lets get competitiveness back in Southwest Virginia.

Lee was never in the SWD. The old district included the schools you mentioned in addition to Gate City, John Battle and Patrick Henry. Lebabnon wasn't there very long before the split.

our team has taken a lot of ribs on here. but you gotta look, we only start 3 seniors on defense and 4 on offense. a couple of those going both ways. so, winning the district and going to the playoffs is going to be a good experience that we can build on here. say what you want, we do deserve to be in the playoffs this year and we did last year too. As for last year, any team who doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs gets blown out. We won. As for this year, here are the numbers to prove it.

Class AA, Region IV, Division 3

Team Total Games Ave.

x-Richlands 227 9 25.2

y-Graham 205 10 20.5

y-Tazewell 184 10 18.4

x-Virginia 146 10 14.6

Grundy 119 9 13.2

Patrick Co. 118 9 13.1

Dan River 116 9 12.9

Marion 124 10 12.4

so who's spot are we stealin?

the 3 lpd teams that would come close to moving up to D3 are JJ Kelly Powell Valley and Gate City. GC just started playing single A PVs history and tradition is rooted in the LPD and Kelly would get killed in D3 so I dont see it happening ever but I think it would be a good idea.

I think Grundy can drop the game tonight and still pass you guys for the #4 slot...if it was points only a 2-8 team could pass you for it and be in...you guys don't deserve to be there any more than Grundy does this year..stop begging for respect, you're not getting any around here for winning the highlands. Good luck against Richlands though...I heard Terry The Great has spoken again this year after the last Richlands game got called with 10+ min left and stated you guys would not lose to them again in a couple of weeks...good luck with that one.

I was told a while back that VHS players were going to be blocked from here just for the simple fact that we trash talk...but now that I read this it seems you all are enjoying thrashing us!! It's ridiculous that we win our district and get trashed and everyone else wins their district and gets praised!! Ok so our district is easy but it's our district, if they change it we beef up what we have and try just as hard as we did this year!! But the trash about VHS not deserving anything is bull, we won our district CONGRATS TO US!! If you dont think we deserve it then no one else who won their district deserves anything either!!

And once again...GO CATS!!

i personally worry that our guys could take vhs for granted....i was impressed with their qb.......they have speed.......offensive line seemed pretty good....i don't know why their defense seems to play so poorly, but i do think that bunch has potential

[ QUOTE ]

I was told a while back that VHS players were going to be blocked from here just for the simple fact that we trash talk...but now that I read this it seems you all are enjoying thrashing us!! It's ridiculous that we win our district and get trashed and everyone else wins their district and gets praised!! Ok so our district is easy but it's our district, if they change it we beef up what we have and try just as hard as we did this year!! But the trash about VHS not deserving anything is bull, we won our district CONGRATS TO US!! If you dont think we deserve it then no one else who won their district deserves anything either!!

And once again...GO CATS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

way to pat yourself on the back. blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wish we wouldnt have dropped Grundy this because I guarantee we would beat you all this year, again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt it..but you will never know...Grundy tried to schedule you guys again so don't blame it on us.

Congrats on winning the Highlands back-to-back though...i had Lee pegged to win it this year...guess i was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

i personally worry that our guys could take vhs for granted....i was impressed with their qb.......they have speed.......offensive line seemed pretty good....i don't know why their defense seems to play so poorly, but i do think that bunch has potential

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll be ready, remember..one game at a time.

One reason you all get so little respect for winning the Highlands is the fact that Abingdon is 3-7 Marion is 2-8 and Lee is 3-7 thats a combined record of 8 W's 22 L's and then the only other team you guys beat was John Battle which went 0-10 so the Highlands overall record this season including VA High is 12 - 28 (please correct me if these stats are wrong) now i donno about you guys from Bristol but if you were facing a team that was 12-28 on the year you probablly would give them very much respect, just like no one respects VA High players for preaching about how good they all are. For winning what might very well be the weakest AA district in the state of VA maybe even the world HAHA j/k.

When is the vhsl going to do something about the weak southwest district teams going to the playoffs in some of the sports that "I" think they are not very good at? I could name some of those sports, but my question is asked "tongue in cheek" and mixed with sarcasm as I wouldn't want to offend any high school kids who can't help if their teams are in a down cycle right now.

Guest redneckman

Down cycle are you serious. You are from lee you all never were any good at football of anything else so so that down cycle started when you all consolidated with who ever over there. I agree with everyone else the highlands neeeds to drop to single a and compete. Because in the past 3to4 years no team has had a winning record. If it wasnt for john battle the highlands would be even worse because all of you all play John Battle. That down cycle is going to keep down sizeing each year so sorry lee fan you are in for a long ride.