The Bluefield/Weir thread....

beaverball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Im just stating that weir's gonna come out there fired up and probply want this a heck of alot more than we do seeing we beat them in OT the past 2 years and won the Championship last year insted of them...

They have more desire is what im trying to say..

I like our chances but we're going to have to play a near flawless game to defeat Weir. I'm disappointed that some of you are saying Weir will win, but you have to be realistic because they do have more experience than us and have more to play for based on the previous two seasons. I think the key for us is getting pressure of Sperlazza and preventing him from making big plays.

a couple big plays here and there... a couple breaks here and there... and we can do it. i said last week that i'd put this Beaver team on the field agains JM, Weir, or Wayne because i think we're capable of playing with and beating all 3 of those.

I am not conceeding a defeat to Weir,but like you said you have to be realistic and put the odds in Weirs favor. Everyone is saying that Bluefield will have to bring their 'A' game to have a chance and I agree, but Weir better bring theirs also because if they don't then Bluefield could pull the upset.

[ QUOTE ]

I predict its a close game going into halftime. But Weir has more to play for than we do.

Weir-28

Bluefield-14

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I know you really well..and your giving up on beavers already?! That's awful! I think Bluefield could take the state title again! We just can't get cocky, and we just need to give it all our heart! Think of our motto "We Believe" We have more spirit when we play Weir, then any other game! And you know we have some type of special luck when we play them! I'm not even gonna have prediction on this game bcz i know it'll be close! I just wanna wish my boys the best of luck! Let's take Weir down thi year for the title!

"Wow, I know you really well"

Yes, as i know you very well. But i must say we must play good to beat weir. They must play good to beat us. It goes both ways, but im saying it seems to me weir would like to win this just a little bit more than we would..

Weir should win, but how many times in sports has the team that "should win" ended up losing? Bluefield MUST bring their "A" game, if don't then it won't be pretty. Win or lose though, no one on that Bluefield sideline better hang their head. Those kids and coaches have far exceeded expectations considering a number thought we'd have a "Poca like 2004 season (2-8)."

[ QUOTE ]

They have more desire is what im trying to say..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not one team in this STATE has more desire than Bluefield..Espcially the senior class who have made it to the State Championship every year they played...From a team to go 2-8 in 8th grade to go 8-4 and playing for another Title is remarkable..Bring it to the house Weir..Bluefields bringing all they have....Is it enough?? We will find out...

I WILL NOT make a prediction on this game because I think the teams can be evenly matched at most aspects which alot of u may disagree..But I cannot wait for this game to come..Weir wants payback..Bluefield wants back 2 back..

We just gotta wait and see who gets what they want..

Here is my take...

Weir wants this game worse than anything. They will come out fired up, maybe too fired up and make a few early mistakes. Bluefield must capitalize on these miscues and get points on the board early. If they do, major frustration will set in on Weir and it will end in another heart-breaking loss for the Li'l Red Riding Hood.

Bluefield wins this one in a MAJOR upset...23-15.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can believe I'm typing this lol, but I agree with you Gman (j/k). Everyone said we wouldn't make it, (especially after the first 4 to 5 games of the season) that it was a rebuilding year after we lost such a large and talented senoir class last season. Playoff experince is so big at this level. I know that Beaver will represent us with class in the title game and leave it all on the field. Dont sleep on the Beavers, cause you might wake up and find out we got your ring again........ Strap it on and let's take it to them, win or loose, I am proud of this team and what it has done this season. "We Believe"

[ QUOTE ]

Here is my take...

Weir wants this game worse than anything. They will come out fired up, maybe too fired up and make a few early mistakes. Bluefield must capitalize on these miscues and get points on the board early. If they do, major frustration will set in on Weir and it will end in another heart-breaking loss for the Li'l Red Riding Hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's official, G definitely did too much tailgating yesterday in Blacksburg... wink.gif

I know you have been pretty good on your predictions this year and I hope you are right on this one. As someome mentioned last night, the key for Blfd will be containing Sperzalla(sp). He can run and pass. Blfd needs a big play or two and will have to place their best defensive game all year. One game for all the marbles, anything could happen. People are saying Weir will be sky high but Bluefield also has some extra motivation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the long storied tradition of BHS football I don't believe they have ever won BACK TO BACK TITLES.I expext another war. Anyone know the weather forecast for Wheeling on Friday night?

Bluefield has shown that even in a down year, they are still one of the top teams in AA. I think everyone has been waiting for this game since after the semis last year. These two teams will come out fired up and ready to play. I think Weir will be too much for Bluefield, but that's just my opinion. This senior class is a lot like Bluefield's senior class of 04-05. They have been through the heartbreaking defeats the two previous years and have worked that much harder to go out on top of AA. Weir just has so many weapons. If you stack the box to try and stop Lyons and Smith, Sperlazza will just throw in a PA pass and hit Gatto, Dawand Smith, or Taflan. Their defense is solid and their coaching staff makes great adjustments at halftime. I'm not going to predict a score, but I think Weir will win this one. Anyways, congrats to Bluefield on a great season. Noone gave you a chance to get back to Wheeling and you proved why you are one of the top programs in the state.