The Bluefield/Weir thread....

beaverball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, you don't know more about 'em then i do... we had several from that team (not necessarily Sr's that year) that went on to smaller schools like Concord and Wesleyan and i can't remember where Amaker went... Tusculum maybe? but bottom line - we was loaded. just because you didn't hear about our guys playing college - doesn't mean they didn't. i just don't see the need to go into that much detail. Dews and Dissibbio in the middle would have stopped Q just like they did in '97. that was the best linebacker core i've ever seen. even though i still tell 'lil Sibo that he's a puss

NOONE stopped Q, they slowed him down which you all did in 97. But I don't think anyone even slowed him down his senior year. He gained a lot of muscle during the offseason before his senior season. That 98 team was just ridiculous. I'm not talking about Concord or Wesleyan, not that there is anything wrong w/ playing there, but you were talking major college football and Tynes was the only one that played D1 from that team. Like I said, Tynes and Dews could have IMO. Amaker was an All American at Tusculum.

"Another time when we should have beaten you. We had you stopped in the first OT and it was 4th and goal from the 18,"

should have if you could have simply stopped the game on 3rd down. Alot of people could write should have if they could stop the game conviently when they were ahead. Perhaps in all ot rules weir should have 4 downs to score and every other team 3.

"but our DB made a bad play on the ball and Perdue caught a pass in the back of the endzone."

bad play? The only person who could have made the reception where it was passed was perdue. If he hadn't made the reception it would have been incomplete out of the back of the endzone, that was all bluefield.

eric krause sp? was a lineman with the herd from that '97 season, qb brandon sarver played at georgia, dews and disibbio were d 1 talent but lacked grades, not certain about dews though, tynes with the herd, amaker was an all american at that div 2 college, and total is correct, in my honest opinion that wasn't even bluefield's strongest team of the '90s, I do consider the '96 aa team to be stronger, and the '92 team, which was aaa though. East bank and bluefield in '96 were 2 of the most formidable aa teams you could expect to see in wv..............

the 96 Blfd/East Bank game still lives and burns in my memory, had our qb not dislocated his shoulder Blfd would've won, even when he returned to the game EB couldnt stop the beavers with him in there but i recall more than anything was lil simon makin 2 horrible plays that essentially took Blfd out of the game..also i seen the BEST fake punt in that game by Blfd

Tom, you know we're cool but I have a question. How is you saying IF Bluefied's QB didn't dislocate his shoulder they would have won different from Weir fans saying IF Filberto doesn't call that pass play, Weir wins the state title in 04. I'm not trying to start anything, honestly. I'm jw.

b/c ive never denied the pass play was the cog in Blfd's comeback and b/c Filberto is a coach, hes not out on the field runnin the plays, the Blfd qb IS out on the field runnin the plays..the qb from that game from which i speak is also now the barons qb

i didn't say we had a lot of players to play major college ball, i just said we had a lot to go on and play in college. and like you said - nothing against Concord or Wesleyan... but that's not D1

i'm pretty sure Q didn't get into the end zone in '97, those LB's stopped him when it mattered.

but again - all we can do is debate. you have your opinion, and i have mine... and they seem to be different because of our roots.

Bluefield_Rules, I have nothing against you. I asked G-Man if I could have another chance on this board. I haven't been arguing, just discussing the game this week and past games between these two teams. I haven't caused any trouble. I have been talking to your brother a lot too and I am meeting up w/ him at the game. I don't see the problem.

i remembered that Q had about 150 yards... but i thought the score was 14-0. it don't really matter - it's not that important to me actually. but now that i think about it, was the score 28-14? if that was the score, still - i can say we kept him out when it mattered...

[ QUOTE ]

"anything can happen... Bluefield went to Wheeling 2 years ago with too much talent to lose. We were by far the best

team in AA that year"

Whoa, you weren't "by far" the best team in the state that year. That was my senior season and we came down there and gave you all you wanted. Another time when we should have beaten you. We had you stopped in the first OT and it was 4th and goal from the 18, but our DB made a bad play on the ball and Perdue caught a pass in the back of the endzone. We went to the 2nd OT and fumbled the snap on the 2 yard line going in for a TD to tie it up. Eric Turner caught 3 TD passes and had 250+ yards receiving.

"They will end there state dreams agian as we did in 97' when weir came to town with Q. Wilson and got stopped. They where Expecting a easy game."

NOONE from Weirton were expecting an easy game. I was there and Bluefield's team was stacked that year. That 97 team was good, but already had 2 losses going into that game. Granted they were to two very good football teams in AAA Wheeling Park and Indian Creek(OH), but that wasn't Weir's best team of the 90's. They had a stacked team in 94 and lost to University High School in the semis on a last second pass. And you seem to forget we came back to go 14-0 and win it all in 1998 led by Q. IMO, that 98 team was the best AA team in WV's history. If they would have met up w/ the 97 Bluefield team, Weir would have come out w/ the win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total, there is no sense in debating with weir, since they are the most dominant football team in West Virginia high school football history and no other team can ever outdo their "long unbeatable tradition and history". hahaha. To say the team of 98 was the best AA in history is hysterical, and there are probably 40-50 teams around the state that would argue that till the day we die. He is simply stating ridiculously biased opinion and no one will ever agree. I too am going to stop reading this board this week because all weirfootball does is irritate me with his ridiculous arrogant opinions. We make an outstanding play in the back of the endzone to do what championship caliber teams do, makes plays when they need them, and it was only because their NFL prospect timed his jump .023 sec too early and that cost them the game which they were supposed to win because they dominate high school football year in and year out. Weir has won 1 title in like the past 30 years and that team was the best ever. hahah. (can't remember the exact numbers but I'm sure i will be corrected.) Seriously dude, you knowing all this history about our players from almost ten years ago scares me. You didn't happen to play on that 98 team did you? hahahaha

I said Perdue made a GREAT catch in the back of the endzone. The last two years we coudln't seem to execute at the end of the game when it mattered. I congratulated Bluefield the past two years after beating us. I never said Weir was the best program in the state. We have a good team, and have had several good teams recently, but I didn't claim for them to be a powerhouse. No, I was not on the 97 or 98 team. I would have been in middle school at the time. I was however on the 03 team that lost to Bluefield in 2 OT's. Bluefield was stacked that year w/ players like Williams, Pannell, Mariotti, Martin, Steele, and also the players from last year's senior class who were juniors at the time. I have no problem w/ Bluefield. They are one of the best programs in the state of WV and I have never argued that. Like beaverbaseball said, let's just talk about the game. I'm not looking to argue here. Good luck this Friday and to whoever is driving up, be safe.

"I was however on the 03 team that lost to Bluefield in 2 OT's"

i knew that... you've mentioned that before. i don't know what i was thinking when i said '97.

the last 2 Bluefield / Weir games have been the most amazing that i've witnessed as a fan (on any level - HS, College, NFL).

Excuse why I avoid this board for the rest of the week with the kiddies on recess...

Come on rules, there is no need to throw a hissy fit just because people are saying the same thing over and over again. Just dont look at the thread anymore. Some people get joy talking about that.

I seriuosly dought that... 97'BHS team was an ubelievable team, Not just because I was on the field cracking heads, but no one could touch us that year, that's you r best team in history. Richlands got luck on us that year and had a close game but that was it.

If you would have watched Weir in 98, you would know what I was talking about. Q got a lot bigger and was a lot more effective his senior year. We got a few new players that came out for the team. Ryan Jeter, a two time all state selection in basketball, decided to play football his senior year and was named to the first team all state selection in that sport as well. The 97 Weir team was good, but the 98 team was definitely a lot better. BUT, none of this matters b/c we will never know. It's 2005 so let's just talk about the game Friday. It should be another classic, and even though I want Weir to win, I wish Bluefield good luck and everyone be safe on your way up to Wheeling.

being from Richlands and witnessing from year to year the accomplishments of the Beaver football program it is no surprise to me that you guys are in the finals...though you may be an underdog on paper you are still the overdog in terms of past accomplishments...I will not be surprised if you guys get the job done friday night.......GO BLUEFIELD!!