Congrats Big Blue

Blues59

One of the best high school football games I've ever witnessed. Two great teams went to the wire. Great defensive stand for the Blues to hold em' in the end. Great job by the fans, cheerleaders and band. Even Coach Mance turned around and waved his arms to the crowd.

The only bad thing about this game were the officials. Liberty got away with stuff all day while Richlands was flagged for anything and everything. If this crew was supposed to be the cream of the crop then give me the bottom of the barrel. Also there were a bunch of Liberty players kicking and throwing punches from the first quarter on. There is no place for that crap.

What a game Blues!!!! So proud of you guys....On to State next week...there's a STORM WARNING for the city of Lynchburg.....TORNADOES are due to touch down at 4pm......and will return to home with some trophies caught in the spin......Good Luck Blues and stay focused....Agree with you BigD4VT on the Refs...Liberty did a lot of stuff they got by with.......I think the refs must take an oath or something that says if they ref a Richlands game that got to call lots of penalties.....Always have been on the raw end of the "ref-ing".....Just hope they call it fair next week....Lynchburg won't know what to think when that Storms hits town ...and Turner/Ashby will wonder what hit them!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

One of the best high school football games I've ever witnessed. Two great teams went to the wire. Great defensive stand for the Blues to hold em' in the end. Great job by the fans, cheerleaders and band. Even Coach Mance turned around and waved his arms to the crowd.

The only bad thing about this game were the officials. Liberty got away with stuff all day while Richlands was flagged for anything and everything. If this crew was supposed to be the cream of the crop then give me the bottom of the barrel. Also there were a bunch of Liberty players kicking and throwing punches from the fir/st quarter on. There is no place for that crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exacty, those officials were horrible! Liberty was gettig away with all of those little shoves and hits after the whistle, but as soon as one of our guys even thought about it, they got flaged. But nonetheless, still a great game by both teams! Good Luck at State Blues!!! By the way, how long dose it take to get to Lynchburg???

Did anyone notice the "pass interference" call on thier last drive? Liberty had a guy motioning and it was illegal, so right after the ball was snapped the ref threw the flag and waited till the QB threw it, once the reciever was about to catch it he blew the play dead. If its a dead ball then you're supposed to do it before the ball is snapped, if not let them play, don't wait till richlands hits the qb to blow the whistle. Then the refs talked for 10 minutes and still didn't get it right. It seemed like after every play Liberty was hitting Richlands players. Even when Richlands would get a big play they'd still pop back up and start talking trash. And after one of Liberys players would get tackled they'd jump up and get in the richlands player's face like saying "hey you ain't supposed to tackle me" the ref's should have put a stop to that early, and they didn't and it got out of hand. I know I said alot of bad stuff about Mance last week, but he called a great game this week. Congratulations and good luck next week, bring home the trophy for Tazewell County!

Well said big-d. To bambam and the rest of the team...congradulations. That was a well played game. Hey guys you are going to liberty. Again great game, And to the seniors, what a way to go out on your last home game.................................one game at a time.

[ QUOTE ]

The only bad thing about this game were the officials. Liberty got away with stuff all day while Richlands was flagged for anything and everything. If this crew was supposed to be the cream of the crop then give me the bottom of the barrel. Also there were a bunch of Liberty players kicking and throwing punches from the first quarter on. There is no place for that crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

It did turn out to be an instant classic. Although Richlands had chances to blow it wide open right up until the 4th quarter. Great showdown between pretty evenly matched teams overall, though.

Agree about the officiating. Those guys let the game get out of control and never really got a handle on it. Way too much smack talking and cheap play from both sides. A better officiating crew would've nipped that stuff right away.

The whole situation was odd for me. I'm a 100% True Blue, born and bred proud Richlands native and fan. But I still felt bad for the Bedford boys. They're a great bunch of kids overall, and they put together a great season. If they weren't lined up on the opposing sideline, they're the kind of team that SW Virginia folks can really admire. Or maybe I'm just biased.

Either way, on to Lynchburg! Looking forward to seeing the Blues hoist the hardware in Jerry's backyard.

It was bad both (reffering) When the Blues took the safety the punter kicked the ball out of the endzone that should have been a penalty Also #34 from Liberty should have been thrown out for a cheap shot. In any game reguardless any official has to have the guts to make the call.Good luck Blue Tornado.

coach says it is not a penalty. it used to be a penalty to kick it out of the endzone but coach says its not anymore to protect the kickers. even if it was a penalty it sure didnt make up for the cheap shots, trash talking and general disregard for good sportsmanship that liberty showed. rhs needs to be congradulated on the restraint shown by the blues.

[ QUOTE ]

even if it was a penalty it sure didnt make up for the cheap shots, trash talking and general disregard for good sportsmanship that liberty showed. rhs needs to be congradulated on the restraint shown by the blues.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK folks, this is getting ridiculous. Yes, there were cheap shots. Yes, there was a lot of cheap talk. And yes, two Liberty players in particular were far out of line. But the poor behavior wasn't as one-sided as a lot of people would like to think (I'm particularly interested to know what Jennings said to Robertson after Stanton's TD).

It was a great game between two exceptional teams, and it was a solid win for the Blues. Is it possible to leave it at that?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

even if it was a penalty it sure didnt make up for the cheap shots, trash talking and general disregard for good sportsmanship that liberty showed. rhs needs to be congradulated on the restraint shown by the blues.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK folks, this is getting ridiculous. Yes, there were cheap shots. Yes, there was a lot of cheap talk. And yes, two Liberty players in particular were far out of line. But the poor behavior wasn't as one-sided as a lot of people would like to think (I'm particularly interested to know what Jennings said to Robertson after Stanton's TD).

It was a great game between two exceptional teams, and it was a solid win for the Blues. Is it possible to leave it at that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I didn't see a single RHS player throw a punch, kick someone lying on the ground, flip off the fans, or curse the band. My nephew is in the band so that makes me especially mad. Liberty was a bunch of heathens. Half of them should've been ejected and their coach should be ashamed.