Richland vs. J.I. Burton

DukieV

Watch for Stanton to have a good year. He was outstanding in football and will carry that intensity over to basketball. One of the best all around athletes to come out of Richlands in several years. He excels in football, golf, basketball or baseball.

[ QUOTE ]

He doesn't play golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for RHS but he is a pretty good golfer, or at least would be if he spent more time with it. I watched him "grow up" playing on the Blue Ridge Junior Golf Tour...most of the good local junior golfers got their start on the BRJGT...even a couple of individual State Champions and several members of State Champion teams.

He played golf his Freshman year and was medalist in one SWD match , shooting a 75. Also, played on the golf and football team, until giving up golf to concentrate on football, his soph. year. I have played golf with him and without practicing, he carries a single digit handicap.

They tell me, he has been playing football and basketball on a bad ankle, injured in the first half of playoff game with Graham. I did noticed he was limping in that game. He is taking therapy and probably shoudn't be playing. It will take a few games to adjust from catching a football with two or three defenders on you, to making a lay up. I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Good athelets improve with practice.