SWD 2006-2007

lee

I know this is early but I cant wait till next year I was wondering what everyone thought about the SWD next year.

Richlands 10-0

Graham 8-2

Tazewell 7-3

Grundy 5-5

About the same besides tazewell winning one more game and grundy going from a loosing team to a even .500 team improving. Graham loosing to us and then Bluefeild but I expect to see Graham go to the Regionals and if they win regionals nothing will stop them from making it to state but Richlands should be back to the semis and maybe state.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands doesn't have to rebuild the entire defense, just the D-line. The defensive line is what made this years defense so good. They controlled all the blockers and let Clayburne and Lester run free. They lost the top 6 defensive lineman. They will probablly have McKnight and Wicks at the ends, so they will be solid there. Then must replace Payne, Arms, and Reynolds in the middle of that line. Payne was a three year starter, SWD Defensive Player of the Year and he is as good as they come. He will be the toughest to replace. Big Chase Fuller will see some time but one thing that will be missing from next years team that was on the past two will be depth. Won't be able to rotate as many fresh bodies in there as the past two years.

As far as a prediction, whoever wins the Richlands-Graham showdown will be SWD Champions.

[ QUOTE ]

Excuse me not gayheart Reynolds.... I thought arms was the toughest defensive lineman for the blues. That kid whose going to tech from bedford, couldnt handle him Arms sorta had his way with that big 77 Aferican American kid..

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...at the aferican american kid...

lol... that was a good game and we played good better than the state but we are loosing gayheart too that will hurt us also. But for all the senoirs i hope them a good year and for the ones lucky enough to go play college or maybe farther.. take the blue spirt with ya.. and good luck

wresling is a big thing there and it brings publiscity.. but remember one thing grundy used to have bad seasons all the time but that didnt stop them from working so keep your heads up.

[ QUOTE ]

Excuse me not gayheart Reynolds.... I thought arms was the toughest defensive lineman for the blues. That kid whose going to tech from bedford, couldnt handle him Arms sorta had his way with that big 77 Aferican American kid..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not takin anything away from Garret but the big bad 77 from Liberty wasnt that good at all, in my opinion Bradshaw from Graham was better than him, he could just move a lil quicker than Bradshaw but he wasnt better IMO. But for the Blues, the line on both sides of the ball is where the shoes will be needed to fill in. On D, Adams will be beside of Clayburne and i think he'll do just fine their. Secondary i dont really worry about either everyone say playing time there this year that will be startin for us next year. Again, the line will be lost and will have to have Fuller,Wicks,Compton,Vandyke,Pruitt, and Mckinght to step it up and i think they can do it. Offensively, only thing im worried bout for them there too is the line but Vanyke, Fuller, Compton, Pruitt, and return of Mcknight i still think they can do it again next year what we did this year. Work your ass off in the wieghtroom cause thats where it starts.

It will be 2008 or 2009 before you all really come out of the basement, and I expect you guys to be a big suprise then...Demarco Owens will be pretty tough next year, and I look for Andy Bear and Kevin to be good too. I expect Demarco to maybe move to inside linebacker with probably Josh Lee or Josh McCowan, and be a fullback next year...If you guys could get Kevin in the weightroom, there is you a tailback...he is quick...

Here are my concerns for Grundy

1. Who replaces Garon Marcum?- He was Grundy's showcase back for 3 years, and a very good Freshman..You can't replace that kind of talent

2. Who steps up and finally does some hitting?- It could be Demarco, Josh Lee, Josh Ratliff, Andy Stiltner, Kevin VanDyke, Hell, a whole team would be nice...that's what we were missing this year..

3. Who is going to be a leader?- Another missing link...You are going to lose a lot of 3 year starters this June to graduation...you need to get a leader on the field and off the field who doesn't care to put a boot in someone's ass..especially in the weightroom...

That is what Grundy needs...Qb's and Rb's can be replaced..but attitude can't..you got to go out there with the attitude that you hate everyone on that field that doesn't have the same color jersey as you...that they shouldn't be on the same field...and you will do whatever ir takes to beat them off of it...those are my words of advice boys...take them and use them...or have another season like this past year