GATOR BOWL!!!!!

Rhschamps04

[ QUOTE ]

I dissagree with your first point... Michael Vick was never classless. He was very humble at Tech. Always showed class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Vick is about as classy as......Ron Mexico.One of my best sports days ever yesterday. Vick shows his true colors, as the WVU fans have been saying all along. WVU finally gets the monkey off their back and wins a bowl game, and a BCS one at that.

Seriuosly though, two questions now come to my mind. (1) Can WVU handle success? (2) How many rumors will now be floating around about Coach Rod either going to one of the many vacant NFL jobs or to another college? Stay tuned....

Almost forgot. To all of you VT Thug fans on this board that have constantly bashed WVU for being in the Big East and every other little petty thing: Stick it in your eer!!

Michael Vick came to Virginia Tech as a poor inner-city 18 year old. He worked hard in the weight room and the classroom. He did everything his coaches asked of him and not once did he get into any off the field trouble. He was and is a class act. His only mistake was spoiling his little brother after he went to the NFL. Marcus is just a spoiled brat who thinks his last name allows him to do anything he wants. And WVU fans have nothing to do with this. Most WVU fans would call the Pope a thug if he went to Virgina Tech.

hey Beaverball, i'm a VT fan and i've never bashed WVU. If your looking for thug schools you need to look towards Miami & FSU. if you're not careful i'm going to get angry and go burn my neighbors sofa out in the street! ( he's an NC ST. fan)

Hey just go burn some couches I know it will make you feel better since you didnt get to against Va Tech and I as a Va Tech fan never once said anything about WVU being in that division some of that is just non-sense and I am with big d about Micheal Vick and Marcus is better than what he would have been if he wouldnt have gotten caught, and one more thing Jimmy Williams if far from overrated.

I don't think Williams is overrated. He has a ton of talent, and despite the personal fouls he does care about the team and about winning. There is just a necessary cockiness you need to play corner and some guys like Williams, Deangelo Hall, and Ronyell Whitaker take that too far and hurt the team.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think Williams is overrated. He has a ton of talent, and despite the personal fouls he does care about the team and about winning. There is just a necessary cockiness you need to play corner and some guys like Williams, Deangelo Hall, and Ronyell Whitaker take that too far and hurt the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite the personal fouls?? What personal fouls, he was thrown out for battery on a referee!!!That's a jailable offense! Norseman and Lee I was speaking of only 2 or 3 people in particular on this board, not you guys. They know who they are.

Free ticket or not they still had to WIN the game. Scratch BC from that list though, WVU owned them, except for last year. I'm certainly not going to get on here and say if WVU played Tech again it would be a different outcome, like other WVU fans have. I will say that when WVU and Tech played, Tech was playing as perfect as you could possibly play and might have been the best team in the country at the time. Looks to me based on this year, and season past, Tech needs to find some coaches who can help them finish the job. Nothing intended here to bash VT, just stating my opinion..

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Beaverball, free ticket to the BCS because Tech, Miami, and BC left the Big East. Nuff Said!

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe Vt should of stayed in the BE where they may of won a conference title instead of getting sent back to Blacksburg with their whipped tails bewteen their legs!!

[ QUOTE ]

I will say that when WVU and Tech played, Tech was playing as perfect as you could possibly play and might have been the best team in the country at the time. Looks to me based on this year, and season past, Tech needs to find some coaches who can help them finish the job. Nothing intended here to bash VT, just stating my opinion..

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with you.

Guest JJBrickface

GMAN it is absolutely ridiculous to bring up a game earlier in the year or the fact that we are in the Big East is the only reason we are in a BCS. I think we ALL know WVU is a much different team then it was back in October. Your argument that we received a free ticket is ludricous, it would be more valid if we got blown out by Georgis. We proved that we were BCS worthy last night, I don't think anyone can deny htat. Georgia was a team that only loss teo games by a total of five points. They demolished an LSU team that beat Miami by 37. Just man up and give the Mountaineers some credit.

Jimmy Williams IS overated. teams aren't throwing away from him this year & hes been burned several times. especially against teams like fsu and miami. i may be wrong, but wait till draft day and see what the scouts think about him.

[ QUOTE ]

Jimmy Williams... I stuck up for him a couple years ago when he flipped off the WVU fans, but getting in a refs face and ultimately shoving him is inexcusable. Now he's watching the last game of his career on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone seen a replay closer up than the replays that were shown during the game? I couldn't really tell what all happened from those views...I kept telling everyone it looked like he didn't know a ref was behind him. Not saying this changes my opinion of Williams attitude, don't like it at all.

Found this and it made me think after seeing those replays that maybe he is actually telling the truth...still, you can't hit a ref, I know, but....

"It was after a play, a Cardinals touchdown, when Williams was jawing with opposing players, pleading with the referee.

Another official grabbed his arm from behind and Williams wheeled wildly out of his grasp. He bumped the official a little during his escape and was tossed.

“I didn’t grab the ref or anything,†Williams said. “I thought it was one of their players.â€ÂÂ"

I don't think he meant to shove him but if he wasn't in the refs face after every single play it wouldn't have happened. Too many Tech players have been doing that this year. They need to just brush it off and move on to the next play.

Just didn't like were this was going, when that situation could really have been an accident unlike Vick's, and nothing has told me otherwise. But yeah, never would've happened had he went on instead of "pleading with the referee" again, and stop saying things like the refs are "picking on us". Stupid.

This will be a very interesting offseason for VT. Hope things change.

believe me, if he knew he would have been picked high enough, he would have went pro last year. problem is , he wouldn't have been. Jimmy Williams = overhype + underachievment. hell, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, and other over-hyped players had plenty of talent. just couldn't get it done against the big boys.