T-Town

football09

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loses some key players but have players to step up. a lot of thier lineman are back and mcdaniel. matt muncey willbe the qb, he looked pretty good as a freshman this year. tj salyers,mcdaniel will be 2 out of the 3 back set. tj rasnick looked good as a freshman this year too... they have a good sophmore class moving up. i don't know too much more about em than that.

How many more 8th grade holdbacks do they have? That will decide how good they will be in the coming years. HAHA! From my understanding they have quite a few over at the middle school now and there are s few that are in the 9th grade now. Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this? I for one would really like to know why this goes on so much not only in Tazewell but in other areas also.

[ QUOTE ]

How many more 8th grade holdbacks do they have? That will decide how good they will be in the coming years. HAHA! From my understanding they have quite a few over at the middle school now and there are s few that are in the 9th grade now. Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this? I for one would really like to know why this goes on so much not only in Tazewell but in other areas also.

[/ QUOTE ]

because it is legal in the eyes of the state and the vhsl. It is also the perogative of the parents involved. Graham has always had quite a few 5th year seniors on their team. Look no further than the 89 champ team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because it is legal in the eyes of the state and the vhsl. It is also the perogative of the parents involved. Graham has always had quite a few 5th year seniors on their team. Look no further than the 89 champ team.

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? You've got to be kidding!!!! TidBit, you are REALLY reaching on this one!!!

BTW, I know for a fact that the STAR player on one of the THS sports teams was held back his eight grade year...not for academic reasons either because he is a bright young man in the classroom...

Wow, you went back 16 years just to find something. I can go back to last year and name at least 5 to 6 players that were hold backs for ya'll. If you can name 1 player from Graham that was held back in the 8th grade just for sports reasons I can name 2 for each one from Tazewell. Now, my question for the other people was why is this happening so much not just in Tazewell but in other areas as well.

I really just wanted to know what was the purpose for doing this. I don't really see any big results as far as these guys gettting a better chance at attending college to play sports thats why I asked was it just for sports. I just wanted to know maybe from a parent that has done this. I see this sometimes in NC but they do it in the 11th grade with guys going to private schools to repeat that year in order to get another year of basketball in to get ready for the next level. I would say that about 85% of these guys go on to play college ball. I don't see that happening in Tazewell and Honaker and Buchanon county and where ever else they do it in these rural towns.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? You've got to be kidding!!!! TidBit, you are REALLY reaching on this one!!!

BTW, I know for a fact that the STAR player on one of the THS sports teams was held back his eight grade year...not for academic reasons either because he is a bright young man in the classroom...

[/ QUOTE ]

Big deal....so they held him back. Are you one of his parents??? NO...then you had no say in the decision. As far as using the 89 Graham team as an example...it was not meant to be derogatory, just saying it has happened there too. I think it really made a difference in their team. The 2004 Tazewell team had 3 or 4 holdbacks and it gave those kids a chance to mature and it really paid off in the end. some of you people are so anal!

VHSL sets age requirements, if they don't want hold backs then lower the age by a year...a lot of parents want to hold the kids back for other reasons than sports for a year...and even if it is just for sports i don't see a big problem with it...they still fall under the age limit set by the VHSL.

[ QUOTE ]

I am still waiting for someone to say who the hold back was on the 89 team

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there were a few who probably werent held back, but probably failed a grade somewhere along the line.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I am still waiting for someone to say who the hold back was on the 89 team

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there were a few who probably werent held back, but probably failed a grade somewhere along the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again...name them on the board or if you are scared to do that, PM me...

[ QUOTE ]

So can people talk about the team? I know Burtons gone, and the RB, who are they bringing back? I think the QB right?

[/ QUOTE ]the qb that ended the season is back as a sophmore, the begginning of the season starting qb turned rb (saunders) is gone. mcdaniel is back who had over 1000 yards this season for them.