SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!

lowsingle

Three calls went against Seattle that were bogus. The holding, the Hasselback, and the Offensive PASS INT. I am a Saints fan, but that was really cheesy. I'm glad Bettis got it, btu I woulda liked to have seen the game without those three plays being called like they did.

The only one of those that was a bad call was the Hassleback block below the knees. The holding was as legit as any other holding call that's made. The offensive pass interference was called as the rule states, "contact in which one player gains advantage over another". The receiver extended his arm, making contact with the defense to create seperation, thus gaining advantage. Even though there wasn't much contact, there was enough to make the call as the rule reads.

I was talking to Coach at the bar the other day and he asked me "Norm, why don't you and Vera have children?"

I answered "Coach, I can't."

He replied "Aw, Normie, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

I returned "No Coach, I look at Vera and I just can't."

Pass the beernuts.

Actually Norm, I have to disagree with ya. If that is the reason the call was made, wouldnt the defender be flagged for grabbing the extended arm of the receiver? He would be gaining an advantage by trying to pull himself back closer to the WR? Therefore off setting penalties and the TD stands.

Also, I dont think Rothlisburger got in on the TD.

The holding call was spotlighted on SportsCenter this morning and holding was nowhere to be seen.

Hasselbeck was making a tackle and never even touched the blocker.

You could also make a case for the 2nd TD that was called out of bounds. A play very similar to a Mike Vick play earlier this season that was ruled a TD.

Seattle didnt play well enough to win but I dont think the officials made it much easier on them and I am neither a Steeler fan nor a Seahawk fan.

I can't believe all the crying! The Steelers are the better team. The ONLY questionable call was the low block call on Hasselbeck. The other calls were very obvious. I'm no a Pittsburgh fan, just a football fan. The only holding call that comes to mind is when the Seattle OL put a chokehold on Farrior, NEWS FLASH- you can't do that. Seattle had oppurtunities and blew them. Jeremy Stevens should have concentrated on catching the football instead of inflaming Pittsburgh defenders the last two weeks. Congratulations Steelers!

I love how you guys can talk about how the guy had a "choke hold" on him when all you have to do is watch SportsCenter on ESPN. Believe it or not, they have replay and footage of the play that shows only the player in which the hold was called on. If the hold didnt show up on there and they spotlighted that play just to show that there was no holding then how can you guys that obviously havent seen the footage slowed down say that it was a hold?

I can see people complaining over the holding call, and the Hasselbeck blocking call, but the offensive pass interference against Darrell Jackson was quite obvious. He pushed off to gain advantage as he turned back to catch the ball. Just because Michael Irvin was never called for it doesn't make it a legal play. The Big Ben touchdown could have went either way, there wasn't enough evidence to over turn it, had it been called down at the goal line it would have been upheld the same, there just wasn't any evidence.

The person saying the game was fixed, that's just as ridiculus as Porter claiming they were trying to fix it for the Colts. I am neither a Steelers nor Seahawks fan, but I have never seen so much crying over the outcome of a game than in this thread. The Seahawks blew too many opportunities in the first half and Stevens dropped too many balls, and Jackson should have been able to get his feet in at the end of the first half, but lack of concentration and not completing plays lost them the game.

Guest JJBrickface

The pass interference could be legit but what I didn't like about that call was that the ref didn;t intentionally call it but when the Steeler DB started pleading then he threw the flag. The holding call was really bad b/c if not for that then the Seahwaks would have had a 1st and goal at the 1 and probably would have went ahead 17 to 14. I also feel like Rothelisberger did not get in. I think the correct call would have been to call him down at the one inch line. That way the Steelers could have either kicked for 3 or went for it on 4th down. That would have made the game more fair in my opinion.

I liked this Super Bowl. Steelers didnt play well but the refs did not effect the outcome of this game. Seattle had poor time management which ment a whole lot in this game.