WVU loses a heartbreaker

EH31

You couldn't have written it any better for Kevin Pittsnoggle. He goes out with a bloodied nose, all hope looks to be lost for WVU, and he comes back in bloodied and all to hit the game tying shot to carry his team. Definitely stuff that legendary performances are made of but then...

....Texas totally rips that.

I feel for WVU, I was cheering hard for them last night.

[ QUOTE ]

i hate they lost like that, we gotta get some rebounders

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you've got to get a whole new team...lots of seniors, could be a LONG year next year...

I was jumping like crazy when Pittsnogle hit the 3 to tie it..and I was stunned when Paulino hit the game-winner for texas..It was like I couldn't move..lol

It was a heartbreaker for a great group of seniors..might be a while till WVU has another team like this one

Keep hearing rumors about Belein leaving. I think that is the key as to whether or not WVU can compete in the future. He is an outstanding coach. I must admit though it would be interesting to see what he would do with a bunch of blue chippers at another school.

if you watched the first half at all the subject should be called...WVU runs out of luck...they were being destroyed the first half and they got lucky that they even got it that close to make it an ending like it was...Texas is a good team and you all are making it out like WVU was a 1 seed and Texas was a 16 seed....give Texas some props for win...they are the real deal...

J.D. is another senior, too. Granted next year will not be like this one, but Coach Beilein is a great coach, and don't be surprised to see WVU fighting for another NCAA spot by the time the year is out. (And BTW, he isn't going anywhere, no matter what everyone wants to gossip about. He's said countless times he loves West Virginia, and even today when he arrived in Morgantown, his last sentence to the crowd was "We are going to do everything we can to keep this tradition going." He just got to Morgantown, he's building a program at a Big East school, why would he leave?) I'm not going to guarantee they'll make the tourny next year, but they'll certainly be competitive. They've got a pretty solid recruiting class coming in next year - which includes two of, if not the two best - players out of NJ. Not the rivals 4 or 5 star guys, but from my understanding, WVU does pretty damn well in both basketball and football with "less-than-stellar" recruits. Also, Darris Nichols, the back-up PG from Radford, is a star in the making. When he gets a full-time role, watch out. Frank Young is also back with a year of starting experience. Alex Ruoff is another reserve who came on late in the year this year. Nonetheless, a terrific athletic year this year in Morgantown with Rich Rod's and Beilein's guys.

And BTW, who is this bandwagon jerk Texas fan? As everyone here is commenting on what a terrific game it was, he comes on here and acts like an idiot. Show some respect - your team, twice, almost got beat by the "little" WV school.

Guest JJBrickface

I think next years team will surprise alot of people. Frank Young and Darris Nichols will be very solid and I think we will see a few surprises. Hopefully Coach Beilein will schedule a mostly soft schedule with a few tough non conference teams. I can see next years team making the NIT just because of how great a coach John Beilein is.

"And BTW, who is this bandwagon jerk Texas fan? As everyone here is commenting on what a terrific game it was, he comes on here and acts like an idiot. Show some respect - your team, twice, almost got beat by the "little" WV school."

apparently you know nothing of me cause a bandwagon fan is the last thing that i am...i was born and raised in Texas and i follow the Longhorns very closely....but i dont see how you can call it a great game....more like a great SECOND HALF....im not being a jerk...im just saying how it is....they are lucky it was that close with the way they played the first half...

[ QUOTE ]

"And BTW, who is this bandwagon jerk Texas fan? As everyone here is commenting on what a terrific game it was, he comes on here and acts like an idiot. Show some respect - your team, twice, almost got beat by the "little" WV school."

apparently you know nothing of me cause a bandwagon fan is the last thing that i am...i was born and raised in Texas and i follow the Longhorns very closely....but i dont see how you can call it a great game....more like a great SECOND HALF....im not being a jerk...im just saying how it is....they are lucky it was that close with the way they played the first half...

[/ QUOTE ]

No TEXAS is "lucky" that WVU played the way they did in the first half. Otherwise WVU would be playing LSU today.

ha...yeah ok guys....i have asked most of my friends that are WVU fans and they said that WVU got lucky that it was that close and fans that dont like either team said Texas should have killed them but WVU just got lucky like they have been...when you beat a team that close..it shows that you are the better team cause you can keep a better composure when the pressure is on...if you noticed...Texas didnt have to take a timeout...they knew exactly what they had to do....none of the guys panicked....

Guest JJBrickface

WVU didn't get lucky. Texas had the better talent but WVU had the better team and better coaching.

[ QUOTE ]

I was jumping like crazy when Pittsnogle hit the 3 to tie it..and I was stunned when Paulino hit the game-winner for texas..It was like I couldn't move..lol

It was a heartbreaker for a great group of seniors..might be a while till WVU has another team like this one

[/ QUOTE ] i was too me and my dad we're goin crazy then that guy from texas broke our hearts i was just stunned, its okay tho they had a great run the last 2 years and texas lost today anyway.