Next Years District Stand-Outs????

GRNWVE_06

in JV we played Bland out at Graham right after we played a double OT game with Carroll County, and we only lost by about 10, they were pretty good, Abingdons JV team was great we played them close till the 4th quarter the Tyler Bailey kid is good and TC kid we finished 3rd in the swd

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Tazewell's girls team should be competitive but young -- they do have the Southwest District and Region IV player of the year returning and she alone can make things happen -- they'll need to really work the post position they are strong on guards for the next four years --

Grundy will be the team to watch again this year -- Tazewell should be able to beat Graham and Richlands and at least split with Carroll, but Grundy is big and had experience on their side -- Grundy as a really good rising sophamore coming back -- in Buchanan County though 8th graders can play JV which makes a difference.

yes the point gaurd for tazewell will be strong for the next 4 years that young point gaurd from tazewell middle school will be a freshmen this coming year she going to be a great one too. she so fast.

In addition the the upcoming freshman point guard they have a 2 guard who is a strong outside shooter she and the freshman point guard read each other really well. The 2-guard can split a defense wide open with passes down under -- they will have about 3 potentially good post players entering high school and the 2-guard I mentioned could be a fourth post player if need be -- she can also handle the ball pretty good and could run point if the point guard needed a few minutes to rest or was in foul trouble. I hope the freshman point guard will watch and learn from the rising senior point guard -- she has all the potential in the world and is so talented with a basketball, but the rising senior guard could teach her a few things about running a team and taking control of her team -- she has a great coach and a great player to learn from -- This team should be competitive for the next four years.

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Grundy will be a team to compete with next year, they have returning: Jimmy Ashby, Bobby Peck, Cody Billiter and Colby Raines... they are pulling up all 5 J.V. starters who have got some experience in team camps this summer... only has 1 freshman comin' up to varsity next year, but, is loaded with good and atheletic sophmore and juniors... should be another good year for the Golden Wave!

• 3 months later...

stephens only quit FOOTBALL because he knew it was a waste of his time because the team and especially the coaches are horrible....and he knew it wasnt worth risking an injury and ruining his basketball season for a one or two win football season

lmao.. first off, joe is a good basketball player... all because he quit football, that doesn't mean he is a bad person and is going to quit basketball too.. and, i think that joe could be a surprising player this year also, should be a good, young Grundy team.. It's about ball-time!.. also, i respect joe's decision to quit football... good move for any multi-sport athelete.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey Olewave arent you one the coaches or teachers at Grundy? Man With an attitude like that "saying you had a class of loser's come in" is a horriable thing to say about your own kids and community... Its hard for a bunch of 9th graders become men in a year "after you loose what used to be all Jr. and Sr. on the Grundy football team"

GHSGW you would have never came out for football b/c you are afraid you would have got KOed not b/c we arent winning. And I'm glad you are showing so much school pride. Looks like you are behind your school no matter what. Seems like you need to think about how this stuff makes you look before you post it.