Abingdon 9 Richlands 0

[ QUOTE ]

Who is Abingdon's Coach? Is it still Trey McCall? I thought they had lost alot of their big guns from last year!

[/ QUOTE ]

McCall is no longer the coach at Abingdon. He has the responsibility to turn around the Emory and Henry baseball team...

Null 12 hits, 3 homeruns, 9 runs in 4 innings. Mullins pitched 2 innings 1 hit and 0 runs. Wind was blowing toward left and center field. The outfielders did a great job catching fly balls. RHS didn't have their best game but that is baseball and they will improve as they play more games. Abingdon was a well coached team.

I believe Abingdon is a little better than Virginia High this year but not by much. It's tough to beat Mark Daniels any year but Abingdon appears to be loaded again with a very good coach.

Can anybody tell me if the Washington County schools play specialized sports? Usually when you have that much talent at one sport will carry over to the others.......or does Abingdon and John Battle players mostly just play baseball?

yea, thats the funny thing about baseball. sometimes you hit it where they aint and sometimes you hit it right at 'em. Richlands and Grundy part 2 is today. I hate it for Richlands that they have to play them again. Doesn't do them any good. You can't win. If you score a bunch of runs you look bad because you're running it up. And, its hard to get better playing inferior teams. But, Grundy has got to start somewhere. Maybe they'll start taking baseball a little more serious!

[ QUOTE ]

Is Abingdon that good or did Richlands just play a bad game? I really thought this might be Richlands' year to make some serious noise. When I saw the score I thought it was a typo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon is that good. Undefeated so far I believe and they pretty good, but pretty young/ Only three or four senoirs I believe.

Richlands beat Grundy today 10-0 and Greg Reynolds pitched a no hitter. I can't wait to see the Abingdon vs. Richlands rematch coming up next week at Abingdon. I know Richlands can beat them, but Abingdon is pretty good. Baseball is a game of different days, that's why it's so hard. You can do everything right and still lose.

[ QUOTE ]

yea, thats the funny thing about baseball. sometimes you hit it where they aint and sometimes you hit it right at 'em. Richlands and Grundy part 2 is today. I hate it for Richlands that they have to play them again. Doesn't do them any good. You can't win. If you score a bunch of runs you look bad because you're running it up. And, its hard to get better playing inferior teams. But, Grundy has got to start somewhere. Maybe they'll start taking baseball a little more serious!

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, they do take it serious...they go and practive every day buddy...

[ QUOTE ]

they actually have several seniors that has been stuck behind the guys that graduated last year. silcox is one of the best hitters in sw va.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 seniors, sorry for my low ball number haha. The best hitter so far on the team os probably Looney, leading the team in RBI's andf tied for BA, while also pitching some on the mound. But mainly they are relying on Junoirs and sophmores mostly on the team, because of the star P (Malone) and hitters are mostly non seniors.