40 Time

lee

[ QUOTE ]

hey guys gavin is about 6'5 275lbs and benches 355 and squats right at 485 ... so when ya got somebody that can do that ... holler at us

[/ QUOTE ]

i spotted jackson the day he got 600 squat and 350 bench and he was in blue jeans and timberland boots when he squated.. and i didnt help him at all... but i didnt spot him but i did see him get 415 on bench the same day bobby west got 380 on bench

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can sit there and fight over what they do in the weight room. But it dont mean jacksh?t if they don't know how to use it out on the field where it matters the most!!!

So now what!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

You guys can sit there and fight over what they do in the weight room. But it dont mean jacksh?t if they don't know how to use it out on the field where it matters the most!!!

So now what!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Has that been Tazewell's problem over the years??? They always seem to have really strong players but they just can't get it done on the field. You must be speaking from experience...

Good one G-Man..... but if your talking about players or players that was on the team this year that can beat that one dudes strenght Justin Taylor is just as strong or stronger than them. He can bench press 440 right now.

• 3 weeks later...

everyone can achieve the same liftin strenght just because mario williams was the 1 pick in the draft doesnt mean hes a beast in the weight room. he probably is but that is not all you need as most atletes know.

referring to 'Rebs' post. . . it has something to do with being um.. 'strong' between the ears... he lacks some of that

And, wavewarrior, we only lifted 4 days a week on Coach Marrs' program. However, and this is probably similar to most schools, the weight room intensity has been kind of dwindling, since baseball and track are going on. But when summer starts, we will pick up where we left off.

Thats exactuallu how it is at Grundy right now... and to not leave u wandering about how many days we lift,, well we lift generally four days a week,, but right now we miss Wednesdays cuz of track meets....i like when it rains on Wednesday, then we get to lift lol

jackson martin is no where near the best defensive lineman around and no one is saying that but i do believe he can squat 600. Bench may not quite be 415 but i know it is close to 400 but then again i havent seen him lift in a while but i wouldnt be surprised. Also who can lift the most in the weight room has nothing to do with who is the best football player.

I know some highschool students can lift a lot, but if a highschool student is lifting that kind of weight and has any athletic ability what so ever then he should be playing some major d1 ball, unless he's just a complete idiot and doesn't know how to block or tackle anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

i'll tell you guys one thing hand clocked 40's and lazer 40's are alot different. when i went to the nike camp this year my lazer time was 2/10's worse then hand clocked it sucked haha