West Virginia Football

BluefieldPT

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope allen carter will be an excellent FB, hopefully powell will be decent at tail back also

[/ QUOTE ]

How old is Carter going to be this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, why is it when a kid is good enough to play at the varsity level at a very early age and do so that by the time they become a senior people begin questioning how old they are? I've seen the scenario play out over and over again on this board and other boards regarding various kids over the years. It's as if people cannot believe that a normal aged freshman or sophomore can compete effective at the varsity level.

not pissed off over trash talking. Thats part of the game, but when you can't give any respect to the accomplishments of a group of kids by saying they didn't belong there and that the accomplishment of getting there is equal to your team getting halfway there, that makes me lose all respect for you. I root for Graham every game but one every year ( 2 last year) and Carlock was dear to my heart. You would never see me dissing Grahams accomplishments as inferior to ours when they get to the state championship game. I know you love your g-men, but cmon, sheesh Just shows me you know nothing about what you are talking about.

I know all to well about freshmen being good enough to play on the varsity squad. I mean every year MV has 2 to 3 that start. some kids just have so much God given natural talent and instincts for football that you have to play them even if they are freshmen.

[ QUOTE ]

he's only 17, the normal age for a junior

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal age for junior when I was in school was 16...I was actually 16 for my first day of SENIOR year...

i think carter was played to much in first game against graham because it really showed in the 3rd qtr on into late in the game.is he really 20 years old he should be a sohpmore in college shouldnt he?did he fail a couple of grades or whats the deal with that?

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah 20 sounds a little too old. Also MANY students are 17 during their junior years GMan. It just depends on where your birthday falls.

Guest JJBrickface

Bluefield Rules the problem with sarcasm on the internet is that it is tough to detect. In person you use nonverbal cues that emphasize your sarcasm.

Guest JJBrickface

Not nescessarily, not everyone knows the exact rules.

Gotta love the fact that some of the Graham people are all ready stock piling the excuses for a loss.

"Well, the only reason you beat us was because you had a 20 year old playing at fullback and linebacker."

[ QUOTE ]

Gotta love the fact that some of the Graham people are all ready stock piling the excuses for a loss.

Mighty confident aren't we? Carter was shut down after one half in the first game, and did nothing in the second game. It's going to be another great game for sure, but Carter won't be the reason you win or lose.

"Well, the only reason you beat us was because you had a 20 year old playing at fullback and linebacker."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's going to be another great game for sure, but Carter won't be the reason you win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Carter carried the ball less and less as the season went on with the arrival of Brooks, Clements, and the return of Powell. Carter should be of Graham's least worries offensively when preparing for Beaver.

And confident? You better believe it, why wouldn't we be? We return a boat-load of talent from a team that improved as the season went along and made it back to Wheeling.

In West Virginia you cannot play if your 19 unless your birthday is prior to either August or September 1. I know this because of a kid that was going to play last year who was 19 and was deemed too old. I am not even from Mercer County, but NO ONE can play at 20.