NFL DRAFT

legend11

pittsburgh had a good draft.glad to see a couple wr and humes go to the steelers i think he will fit in perfectly for their type of offense.i was a little shocked about them not picking up deangelo williams but still a good day for steel town.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons coach Jim Mora on drafting Hokies:

"Coach Jim Mora - "I'm sure Phil (Emery) could probably speak more towards it than me because he spends a lot more time up there scouting players and he's more familiar with their coaches. But, there is a certain culture they have up there. A certain competitiveness, a certain toughness that those guys come out of college with. They know how to win and compete. They have athletic arrogance, yet to me, they are all grounded kids. When you can add guys like that to your organization, it just furthers what we are trying to do.

We want to create that same type of culture. It seems like every year they have a guy, or two or three that step out at you. They know how to win. They're tough. They're hard-nosed. They're competitive guys. Guys that you want to add to your organization."

I think Frank has missed that window. The Packers had some interest a few years ago, but I don't think you'll see his name on anyone's list again. He's getting too close to retirement.

[ QUOTE ]

They didn't. I think Lee was responding to ghs84'S comment about the Steelers passing on DeAngelo Williams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Actually, I saw Humes on campus today, seems to be doing well...come to think of it, he was coming out of an academic building, which is something that I wouldn't expect from a newly drafted player from Virginia Tech [insert Marcus joke here] smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

and thats why all them 32 nfl teams would die to have frank beamer as a coach!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] You have got to be kidding Beamer's a good coach but the mans' never even won a championship!!!!

The Packers never offered. The only time he was offered a job outside of Blacksburg was when UNC wanted him a few years ago. He's been on a lot of short lists but most of the time he removed himself from consideration before it got to the offer stage.

[ QUOTE ]

So, it is a prerequisite to win a NCAA Championship in order to coach in the NFL? That's HILARIOUS!

[/ QUOTE ]No there sparky I didn't say it was a prerequisite but the comment about all 32 teams would die to have Beamer is Hilarous. In essence what that guy was saying is that if Beamer called oh let's say the Patriots they would fire a coach who has won 3 freakin Super Bowls????? I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Dude the packers have offered the heading coaching job to him a few times!!! so don't tell me that i dont know what i am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok so one team may or may not of offered him a job that doesn't mean that "all 32 teams would die to be have beamer as a head coach". i'm not taking anything away from beamer, but your comment was a little over the top.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and thats why all them 32 nfl teams would die to have frank beamer as a coach!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] You have got to be kidding Beamer's a good coach but the mans' never even won a championship!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmmmm, didnt the Hokies win the ACC championship in 2004?? Didnt he win like 3 or4 big east championships?

Yes they did, and yes he has. I agree the statement about all the NFL teams dying to get Beamer was a little much but I don't think he meant it literally. The other statement "He's never even won a championship" is funny. There are 117 teams in 1-A which makes it pretty darn hard to win the big one, and there are a bunch of former college coaches who never won a national championship that are coaching in the NFL right now.