Fan Support........Big Crowds....

parsons

It doesnt matter who goes where if the team us winning, the fans will support them regardless of what the stands look like. Ive seen fans go as far as line the fences to watch a game.

[ QUOTE ]

who cares who shows up its about the game not how many people out of your comunity comes /richlands or graham both small towns and thats all some think about(football) and some could care less so like i said the game is all that matters

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever hear of home field advantage? It means fan support. Some teams take that advantage on the road with them... some don't.

As someone who was in attendance on Sept. 22, I was impressed with the number of Richlands fans in attendance. I will state that you had more there than Graham. That is not always the case, but folks travel to see a winner. To me fan support is best gauged by the number who come out when you are playing poorly.

Richlands was 6-5 in 2002 but had just as many fans both home and away as they do now. Travelled 3 hours to Magna Vista and sat in single digit temperatures yet outnumbered the home team that year. That's the closest they've come to a losing record since I moved back from Richmond so I don't know how the turnout would be if they were playing poorly.

my senior year, we wound up 1-9. Oh by the way, the only team we beat that was Graham (just wanted to throw that in there for humor). Anyway, back to the topic. Our last game was at Giles, the stands were full for that game.

[ QUOTE ]

i'm curious as to why richlands fans tend to turn out in mcuh bigger #'s than other schools.......we always (even on the road) have a bigger crowd than the other team......any explanation???.......and success is just one part.....graham has successful teams but not as big a crowd.....(throw out graham-bluefield)

[/ QUOTE ] Well, for one thing...Richlands has been winnning the past few seasons...Graham used to have the biggest fan turnout up until the last couple of seasons, now I think Richlands has outdone them for the past couple of years...but for years, it was Graham. I think it depends on how good the team is...bottom line.