Fan Support........Big Crowds....

parsons

i'm curious as to why richlands fans tend to turn out in mcuh bigger #'s than other schools.......we always (even on the road) have a bigger crowd than the other team......any explanation???.......and success is just one part.....graham has successful teams but not as big a crowd.....(throw out graham-bluefield)

[ QUOTE ]

i'm curious as to why richlands fans tend to turn out in mcuh bigger #'s than other schools.......we always (even on the road) have a bigger crowd than the other team......any explanation???.......and success is just one part.....graham has successful teams but not as big a crowd.....(throw out graham-bluefield)

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham has more people sread out because of more area, while Richlands is just a small town where everyone comes and supports their team. Abingdon has big turnouts but half the people don't come for the game, its more a social event. Plus, that is just for football. Abingdon and Lebanon both usually sell out home side during basketball games. Thats justr me thinking, anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never saw more people from Richlands at Mitchell Stadium than Graham folks. I know you had a good year last year, but lets not get too drunk off your sucess. The reason more Graham folks don't come to Richlands is because of your crappy visitor bleachers. Another team that travels exceptionally well is Salem, always have. But to say Richlands is the best travelling team is ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]

But to say Richlands is the best travelling team is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? Richlands has outnumbered Graham every time I've been to Mitchell Stadium. We had more fans than Magna Vista which is over two hours away, and it was 18 degrees. At the state championships we drove the farthest but brought the most. We took more fans than Salem (for whom it was a short trip) and had more than Turner-Ashby and Powhatan COMBINED. We have no problem packing the "Crappy visitor bleachers" at any school we go to. Some of you Graham fans really crack me up. Why do you have to trash another team's facilities (and lately towns) when your own facilities are rented with the tax dollars of the people you are trashing? Crappy visitor bleachers don't stop anyone else. Just the high & mighty G-Men.

Plus, lets not forget, Richlands enrollment compared to Graham's. If you have about 300 more kids, you should have at least 900 more people supporting the team (the student and two parents - not to mention any siblings). In all honesty, I would think Bluefield has the largest fan base. I know for a fact that 50-65 year olds go to Bluefield's games (with no student contacts there).

fans don't go to the games because of the crappy bleachers???........lol.....i don't think the seating arrangements at any away game has affected the richlands crowds.....obviously you haven't traveled with richlands to any games.......(i have gone to numerous graham playoff games in the years in which richlands was down).....richlands takes double the crowds of graham and other swd teams on the road......i have never traveled with bluefield to one of their away games so i really can't comment on their crowds....

[ QUOTE ]

I can say for last year that Tazewell had more fans then graham did at both games!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell definitely had more disappointed fans at both games...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I can say for last year that Tazewell had more fans then graham did at both games!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

amen brother. Hope it wont happen again.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

espically that first game!!!!! still can't belive it!!!!

Does this mine is bigger than yours stuff accomplish anything?

Lets just stick with a given; our respective schools are important to us, and our communities' support our programs.

I have seen great crowds for Graham, Beaver, Gate City, Lee, Tazewell, and Pulaski to name just a few. (No offense meant to Richlands, I just wish you had more seats for the visitors. Maybe with the school improvements they can add more.) That is part of what makes ours such an exciting area for high school football.

As great as the quality of football is in Tidewater, they are lucky to have 1,000 - 1,500 for rivalry games. (We get that many for a Jamboree.)

i dont care what the bleachers are like.i am not going to be comfotable. anyway i stand most of the time.it shouldnt matter but i also understand the need for the disabled ,handicaped and the older people.but heck i would sfill go even if it werent no bleachers.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont care what the bleachers are like.i am not going to be comfotable. anyway i stand most of the time.it shouldnt matter but i also understand the need for the disabled ,handicaped and the older people.but heck i would sfill go even if it werent no bleachers.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a true football fan.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that might b true...cause i no of at least 100 richlands fans that went to that game b/c we didnt have one...

• 4 months later...

who cares who shows up its about the game not how many people out of your comunity comes /richlands or graham both small towns and thats all some think about(football) and some could care less so like i said the game is all that matters