when is the bluefield - graham game?

zack

Ok first of all bluefield is not loaded in the back field, the backs graham has have seen way more games then the new coming bluefield backs,They have been backs for just one season thats not going to cut it. And Graham has so much more to look forward to, there line is stacked and they lost 4 sr. last year and are returning this year with 24 sr. thats 24 guys that have been to hell and back seen everything there is to see and they are ready to win. We have been hitting the weights way harder then bluefield id say. if you can tell me what some of your players and benching and running their 40's i bet you we have guys that top them all. And yes we can easily fill Roberts spot from last year we might night have guys that are 210 lb's but they are all 170-185 and faster then rob and strong. Bluefield better have their helmets strapped tight, even tho for graham its not going to be the most wanted game, Richlands and knocked you guys to 3rd.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of our RB have season and playoff expirance. How can you say were not going to have any expirance? Powell, Clemons, Brooks, all got alot of playing time at the RB posistion last season. They got the speed to run right past you and were going to be sick at WR. JT. Powells little brother, ansel ponder, and matthew carter at TE

[ QUOTE ]

All of our RB have season and playoff expirance. How can you say were not going to have any expirance? Powell, Clemons, Brooks, all got alot of playing time at the RB posistion last season. They got the speed to run right past you and were going to be sick at WR. JT. Powells little brother, ansel ponder, and matthew carter at TE

[/ QUOTE ]

You still need someone to block for those guys or else the speed won't matter...its hard to get going when someone is draped all over you in the backfield...

I would expect bluefield's line will be stronger, but regardless of that opinion with all due respect to graham I simply don't consider the team graham returns to be anything bluefield's d won't be able to drape themselves all over either, henry was the only rb bluefield had any trouble stopping and that was because of his size, bluefield's youthful d made early contact throughout the game but couldn't bring him down often, and brooks did a much better job of that in the 2nd game where as he wasn't on the team in the 1 st game. ..

point see brooks doesnt have enough games he has yet to see what could happen. Most of your players were to scared to take rob one on one. No one on bluefield line or in a linbacker position even came close to taking out Brown. Rob could take it up the middle but not outside Brown can handle himself up the gut and before you know it he is outside. Our lines are bigger faster and more exp.As for Jt he is the only one that know what he's doing. you all have a back (jt) and we have Brown Carper Tibbs Barraras Lane, get off us. The day i see Brooks run brown down and L2 him ill say he is good, ive seen him lay out carper and ive watched both films alot and he has yet to ley a l2 on Brown

[ QUOTE ]

ive seen him lay out carper and ive watched both films alot and he has yet to ley a l2 on Brown

[/ QUOTE ]

Brooks didn't played in either game against Graham, which is a good reason you didn't see him on the film; nor did Clements play in either game.

"Most of your players were to scared to take rob one on one"

Simply wrong, few were able to stop him after initial contact. Bluefield only had 1 or 2 players, basketball players 1st, 1 hadn't played football before, who shyed away from contact. Brooks and powell each made numerous individual stops, and I'll write it again, graham doesn't have henry in '06.

"Brown can handle himself up the gut and before you know it he is outside."

when the other team keyed on henry who had the ball much of the time maybe.

I went back and read some PMs. You are right, Graham was his first game. The secondary will be solid this fall with guys like Brooks and Powell. Hopefully Ponder can develop a tougher mindset, which he seemed to do toward the year and play some in the secondary. Isiah Manns can hopefully add some toughness back there along with Devin Myers. The freshman, Jake Lilly, is making a serious push to play some big minutes in the secondary as well. He has really impressed the coaches during the off-season weight program and football itself seems to come natural for him.

I just love how people get down on brooks. Even after he's the one that scored 2 TD's against James Monroe to get us to the TITLE GAME...

Im intrested into seeing how McClanahan will do at QB. I know he has an arm considering he is one of my good friends. Im just intrested to see how he'll do on a 3rd a long situation.

That reminds me of that pass he threw right before halftime against james monroe which was a good 50-60 yards and ponder nabbed it in the endzone..

I played will lilly's dad, jack, he was 1 of those tough as nails country boy types who was a headhunter, from what I know, expect that from this lilly as well'

Jake is the backup QB. But i dont think he'll be playing any Defense.

Im siked about our passing game. Ponder kinda reminds me of Mike D. Just catching everything. Just alot taller.

I love that picture you have buzzsaw of Mike Davis stretched out catching a ball against Princeton i believe it was for a TD

Edit: here it is http://community.webshots.com/photo/176724467/1184380950049045572hiLYYW

I miss mike Dfrown.gif

"Even after he's the one that scored 2 TD's against James Monroe to get us to the TITLE GAME..."

uh oh...James Monroe...watch out...wasnt it just a few months ago that everyone was putting JM down for scheduling weak opponents so they could get that far??

James Monroe could kick the crap out of yall

But thats right they suck. They couldnt even make it to the semi's of the AA brackett..

uh oh...thats right, they did

Sit down beano because you have no clue what your talking about when you talk about WV football

[ QUOTE ]

point see brooks doesnt have enough games he has yet to see what could happen. Most of your players were to scared to take rob one on one. No one on bluefield line or in a linbacker position even came close to taking out Brown. Rob could take it up the middle but not outside Brown can handle himself up the gut and before you know it he is outside. Our lines are bigger faster and more exp.As for Jt he is the only one that know what he's doing. you all have a back (jt) and we have Brown Carper Tibbs Barraras Lane, get off us. The day i see Brooks run brown down and L2 him ill say he is good, ive seen him lay out carper and ive watched both films alot and he has yet to ley a l2 on Brown

[/ QUOTE ]I love how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person.. wink.gif

dont know what im talkin about?? YOU ALL ARE THE ONES THAT SAID IT IN POSTS 5 MONTHS AGO or however long ago it was....im just bringin it up again....or now do you know im right and you are just tryin to cover it up...

Beano don't even try to go there! You know I think highly of you and love you to death, but you don't know what you're talking about bro. James Monroe is famous for scheduling weak opponents in order to get into the playoffs. But most of that happened under the Jackson era. This new coach is trying to change that, and earning some respect. I too thought this past year was the same as always, but i admit i was wrong. They were an exceptional team and I truly believe they would have beaten Graham last year.

[ QUOTE ]

Jake is the backup QB. But i dont think he'll be playing any Defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better think again. Trust me, he'll see playing time on defense before he does offense. The kid has a mentality that hard to teach and because of that mentality he'll excel on the defensive side of the ball throughout his career in the Bluefield uniform.

well you guys from bluefield can predict whatever you want but for the realistic aspect of the game coming from a former player this game will be decided on the line.and i know who has the better line of the two.

[ QUOTE ]

"I love how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person"

I agree, its not like we dont know who he is. He pretty much mentions his name in every post he makes..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another one of this posts..lol

[ QUOTE ]

This is Graham's Back Steven Brown I dont really care too much about the trash talking so here's something better. How are you other backs doing this summer to get ready for the season? (swva&bluefield)

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh oh..hippocratic?