Richlands Bench-a-thon

parsons

I don't see any of them benching that much. Just hard to belive that many H.S. kids are benching >300. Does the spotter hold the bar while they are lifting? Or is this a legit meeting

Thats what I thought. Have those boys come enter one of the bench comps at the BLFD Com. Center and I bet they will not do that. I have seen new threads every couple of months with kids bench 350-400 lbs. Thats crap

[ QUOTE ]

That is great...I'm glad to see that every Va state record holder are all from richlands. They should take this nationally!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this so hard for you to believe? Those numbers aren't as unusual as you seem to think.

I think you all have mistaken the 2 for a 3. Even if it was true..it would not be legit. Either steroids, or they were using the benching blocks that you set on there chest and they only have to go down a foot. Not trying to put these guys down or anything just doesn't sound believable.

well when your in the weight room 4 hours a day and sometimes longer and you stay commited why does it sound unbelievable?in the 80's when i was in school i was benching 365 and squating over 470 and the kids these days are much bigger,faster and stronger.

You may have been doing 365 but I bet you didn't weigh 180 did you? All im saying is, if you bench 375 your not gonna be scrawny. Which McCracken isn't scrawny but he's not what I would call buff. Plus if you train 4 hours a day, that is major over training. You would be in a catabolic state and would probably lose muscle..

True. There are lineman that will bench over 300 here and there, never seen HS Qb's RB's benching 375., 84..I bet in the 80's you used to eat 10 raw eggs each morning and run up the post office step!! I bet truth be known there is someone with three fingers on bottom of the bar guiding it up --that doesn't seem like much but it is.

hush blu dont tell my secrets.and your not gonna overtrain on 4 or 5 hours of training.most of your hs football players have been doing this for decades.well yes i guess you could overtrain if do nothing but work on a certain part of the body in that amount of time.look at pro bodybuilders there in the weight room everyday when they are training for competition for 8 to 10 hours.

[ QUOTE ]

You may have been doing 365 but I bet you didn't weigh 180 did you? All im saying is, if you bench 375 your not gonna be scrawny. Which McCracken isn't scrawny but he's not what I would call buff. Plus if you train 4 hours a day, that is major over training. You would be in a catabolic state and would probably lose muscle..

[/ QUOTE ]

McCracken was 6'3" 200 last year. How many rushing yards did he have last year? He didn't get those by being fast. He got them by being strong and running over people.

Personally I don't care if they bench 385 or 38.5 as long as they win football games.