Pre season Top 5 in SWVA

HyTekRedNek

With ball season startin up eary on Monday, I figured it'd be as good a time as any to see everbodys Pre season top 5 football teams in SWVA. Comments and opinions are encouraged. Later boys, I gotta go watch Mayberry.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes...Giles you dummy.... Only the defending state champions in Virginia...returning basically everybody except Ricky Cook....get your head out of thea hole they call Bluefield and watch some other teams in the area....I have...

if it was for southern west virginia it would be swv because everyone knows west virginias initials are wv not wva anymore. and i think that most everyone in the area knows swva is for southwest virginia. just a observation.

[ QUOTE ]

Giles ang Graham over blfd?....Giles????? what are you smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giles is loaded again this year my man. If they don't make a trip to the State Semi's, it'd be a shocker.

yes i know it covers all schools in southern wv and swva

i think the point was the contention that swva meant southern west virginia and i think that most do know that swva is the va part of this venue. on the west virginia side it is usually refered to southern west va.

In the future posters need to clarify. Such as:

Preseason Top 5 in SWVA (Virginia only) or (WV only). Otherwise, some will continue to believe they're talking about all of the teams covered by this website, which is called SWVA Football. Regardless, it shouldn't make one bit of difference if someone wants to include teams from both states. If you aren't looking for that, then simply skim over that particular post.

I think the original poster meant Southwest Virginia considering he's from VA.

The "SWVA" in swvasports.com stands for both Southern West VA AND SouthWest VA. Such is the genious of the GMan!

i agree with you what i was mainly refering to was blfd rocks comment that s.w.v.a refers to southern west va. and i do know that this board covers both wv and va. my thing was the poster was from va and maybe he meant the swva part of the area. clarification would be good. because some posters may be asking about just the va side or the wv side and not interested in the other part.

i would not rag to much on giles high that is a team that over the years has had a very good program. and could hang in with just about any team in this area. even with bluefield beavers and maybe win.

Honestly no disrespect at all none ive known abotu giles since I was a little boy i'm 26 now and they been winning championships since back in the day but they have never had the speed of blu so they might make it look good for a while and get stomped or they might play them like grundy did last year but the dayu giles would beat blu is the day coach simon develops alzhimers

obiviously "BLU's" speed isnt that great cause they didnt get anywhere in the state game.and didnt outrun anybody in the graham game.Bluefield is all about speed and when their speed doesnt work and they get hit by these power teams they lay down cause they are speed backs and cant take hits. awe yea if you have alot of speed then how come you can do good in 7 on 7 which is basically only having to have speed. cause you cant use your power. so speed is number one factor in that. and where was it?

and at 26 you are still a young man i have watched them for a lot longer that you have been alive. and giles could beat blfd. on any given day. you do not always have to have speed to win.yes it helps but not everything.so i would not be so positive that giles could not win nor would i bet my coaches mind on that either. remember graham lost our coach last year to a unexpected illness and to make comments like the day giles beats blu is when coach simons gets alzheimers is way off. to base a team winning on just a coach is not right cause the coach can only put the plays in the team has to execute them and if they dont you do not win. so never say never about this. they could win.

"Bluefield is all about speed and when their speed doesnt work and they get hit by these power teams they lay down cause they are speed backs and cant take hits."

And for those more concerned with facts you can basically quit reading there.