Graham-vs-Bluefield 2006 *DELETED*

ghs84

[ QUOTE ]

this team reminds me of the 2001 team in a lot of ways except our defense will be much better

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, talk about lofty expectations and a burden to carry. Making that comparison at this point is only setting this team up for major disappointment. The 2001 Graham had a number of very talented playmakers with big-time ability. No one on the current team is in the same league as Bradshaw, Jones, Oakes, or Matthews.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

this team reminds me of the 2001 team in a lot of ways except our defense will be much better

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, talk about lofty expectations and a burden to carry. Making that comparison at this point is only setting this team up for major disappointment. The 2001 Graham had a number of very talented playmakers with big-time ability. No one on the current team is in the same league as Bradshaw, Jones, Oakes, or Matthews.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a better comparasion is the 95 team. You will never see another team as good as the 01 team at Graham. I know they didn't win it, but as we all know the best team doesn't always win. Ask Bluefield about 03 and 04. They should have won it in 03, and lost it. And should have lost it in 04 but won. On a side note, win or lose you are going to see a star born on the 25th in Will Cole. By the time he is done, he will be better than HT, Mike Patton, and Eddie Neal. I really believe that, he is special.

Your basically talkinga about them as if there the new york jets. I hate to burst your bubble, but there not even close.

Bluefield can more than likley beat them as long as they stick to there game plan

Thats whats wrong with graham players. Fans and parents build them up to make them think there the shiznit, then when it comes down to it, there on the losing end of a football game

[ QUOTE ]

"They should have won it in 03, and lost it. And should have lost it in 04 but won."

You'll have to excuse me if I'm ignorant to the reason bluefield shouldn't have had the title in '04.

[/ QUOTE ]

WEIR, if not for boneheaded coaching they would have won that game.

says anyone rooting against bluefield. That only made 1 play, bluefield had to make many more to go on to victory and all weir had to do was stop bluefield on any of those other plays but the fact is exceptional teams get it done.

I'm not a believer in playing not to lose, I beleive in going all out with the scheme that's worked at any point in the game.

Playing to lose often brings about a defeat so I don't consider any agressive playing by their coach bad coaching. Certainly their coach would thought that even if someting goes wrong they still can't make a comeback.

new york jets wow they have only had like maybe 2 good teams one with joe nameth and another a couple years ago. now i like the jets but they are not a good team. but i feel that he is just comparing them to past graham teams that were very good and what is wrong with feeling your team is just as good. you are doing the same with the beavers. no one knows how good a team is going to be really till they hit the field for the first time. even scrimmages do not tell the total picture.and even if we were to lose to the beavers the main thing is they keep their heads high and not listen to those that will talk trash about them because the really important games start after that game. the district games. those are the ones that count more by winning all district games at least they will make the playoffs. but by beating beaver does not insure that part.