tazewell coach

bulldog4ever

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter if Dean Smith is coaching at Tazewell. The kids there are spoiled and don't want to work on the gamesunless its baseball and now football a little. If they play baseball and are good at it then they don't play basketball which hurts the team also but who could blame them if they have to play with selfish and lazy players. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying all of them are this way. They have had some that were good leaders and played their hearts out when they had to but you can only do so much with 2 or 3 good ones and 8 bad ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is only because you only see the major sports; basketball, baseball, football, etc.

Golf has won three district titles in three years and we don't get any recognition.

"The kids are spoiled"

BS

Graham and Richlands students are far better off in the financial department so don't say Tazewell kids are spoiled.

The work ethic, once again you only see the major sports; Garland Green is the hardest working athlete at Tazewell High School (which is why he is going to a D1 school on scholarship) and he still doesn't get the press he deserves (not that he wants it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

GOlfers arent athletes! Ask John Daly!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter if Dean Smith is coaching at Tazewell. The kids there are spoiled and don't want to work on the gamesunless its baseball and now football a little. If they play baseball and are good at it then they don't play basketball which hurts the team also but who could blame them if they have to play with selfish and lazy players. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying all of them are this way. They have had some that were good leaders and played their hearts out when they had to but you can only do so much with 2 or 3 good ones and 8 bad ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is only because you only see the major sports; basketball, baseball, football, etc.

Golf has won three district titles in three years and we don't get any recognition.

"The kids are spoiled"

BS

Graham and Richlands students are far better off in the financial department so don't say Tazewell kids are spoiled.

The work ethic, once again you only see the major sports; Garland Green is the hardest working athlete at Tazewell High School (which is why he is going to a D1 school on scholarship) and he still doesn't get the press he deserves (not that he wants it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Drew, NO ONE works harder at his sport than Garland...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"The kids are spoiled"

BS

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Drew, NO ONE works harder at his sport than Garland...

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said he didnt work hard.

[ QUOTE ]

golfs not a sport

[/ QUOTE ]

Golf is the hardest competition. If you do not believe me, then go try to play it. Golf takes the most hand-eye coordination, patience, and mental capacity; which apparently you lack in all three categories if you think golf is not a sport.

From my experience at the Middle School with Coach Rasnick, I can honestly say he was not a bad coach. His strategy, play-calling, etc was fine; but the one area which cost him was the discipline. He was never able to control the players.

If he told us to run, only half would actually run; practice was a mess, etc.

He also did not know how to bench players who disobeyed his orders.

He suffered mainly from undisciplined players, but that may have been partly his fault; but disciplining players is the area where Walker excels, so this season may be exciting.

this is the basketball posts so talk about golf on the golf one, oh wait there aint one lol its under "other high school sports" but that just shows how much ppl care about golf... but anyways coach walker doesnt have a problem with disciplining people, trust me if u miss a shot he pulls you out, if you make a turnover he pulls you out, even if you score 10pts under 2 mins he pulls you out, ask anyone at graham about that where he coached jv and they will agree... but as far as play callin goes hes not the brightest, wed come up the floor and hes sayin "run kentucky, run kentucky" every time we came up the floor, i mean really you think the other team catches on to the "kentucky" play when you run it 7 times in a row, and theyve stopped it almost everytime but the first time we ran it lol

[ QUOTE ]

this is the basketball posts so talk about golf on the golf one, oh wait there aint one lol its under "other high school sports" but that just shows how much ppl care about golf...

[/ QUOTE ]

Shows how much people care about HS basketball around here when the thread is hijacked and turned into a discussion about golf...

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, but note the screen name. As a hacker, I like a change of pace from being abused by my home course. I also enjoy going to Fountain Springs from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Fountain Springs!!

First time I played there I shot 76, double bogeyed the last hole (par 5 18th) to lose the tournament. I was pretty PO'ed!!

What about Grandview Country Club in Beaver, its prett wide open and the signature whole is a par 3 with about a 60 foot drop from tee to green and a 40 or 50 feet drop off behind it as well. Not quite as nice as Fountain Springs but still a fun place to go play.

• 4 weeks later...