tazewell coach

bulldog4ever

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The parents in general run that basketball program. As soon as Walker starts yelling he will run out of there AGAIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, but that is just typical behavior of High School parents.

Let the coaches do the coaching and everything will work out for the best.

I know Walker personally and he stated he was "done with coaching". I would agree that he will not be coaching for Taz. or anyone else for that matter. Like it or not there are not many good basketball coaches anywhere in the county. Just not a priority to local youth. I went to many SWD basketball games last year and the lack of fundamentals and knowledge of the players is not a very indicative sign that things are on the upswing for the sport. Basketball is definitly an area for improvement. Some coaches are knowledgable of the game yet lack the talent due to decent feeder programs. I have gone to rec leauge games and they are nothing more than some "hot dogging" non disciplined kids who couldnt make any squad, yet that seems to be where kids want to play because it is easy and requires no effort. I am excited to see Grahams basketball program in a few years when the AAU kids begin competing. Princeton and Bluefield also. Havent seen many young fundamentally sound groups from Taz. Rich. or Grundy.

Coach Walker is a fine man and good coach. Parents want someone to hold their childrens hand and baby them. Walker was a old school coach with a old school mentality. Appearantly no one in this area can handle that anymore players or coaches. Good luck coach Walker in all you do!

[ QUOTE ]

I know Walker personally and he stated he was "done with coaching". I would agree that he will not be coaching for Taz. or anyone else for that matter. Like it or not there are not many good basketball coaches anywhere in the county. Just not a priority to local youth. I went to many SWD basketball games last year and the lack of fundamentals and knowledge of the players is not a very indicative sign that things are on the upswing for the sport. Basketball is definitly an area for improvement. Some coaches are knowledgable of the game yet lack the talent due to decent feeder programs. I have gone to rec leauge games and they are nothing more than some "hot dogging" non disciplined kids who couldnt make any squad, yet that seems to be where kids want to play because it is easy and requires no effort. I am excited to see Grahams basketball program in a few years when the AAU kids begin competing. Princeton and Bluefield also. Havent seen many young fundamentally sound groups from Taz. Rich. or Grundy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, it seems as players think fundamentals aren't very important in playing the game.

It says in the local paper that Lee Walker is the coach of Taz. High School. Perhaps these guys are assistants or coaching elsewhere? I am fairly certain its coach Walker at Taz. High. Dont know why he would take a job were he was dismissed from a JV position. I know he is a good coach and the right man for the job, you just never know about the parents and community.