G-Men v Bluefield

ghs84

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching both teams play and hearing all about grahams "Dominant" line, and view nothing that look like a dominant line. and after watching graham run the same play where the running backs just take it outside. Its not hard to figure out what they'll be doing

Bluefield will win

no what graham is gonna try to do is go spread and attack patterson with brown and carper and i also believe they will try to attack blu's inside corners also believe me we won't see the wishbone that ortten cause they don't have anyone like number 2 from p.c. so i don't see them trying to go up the middle they better try yo turn corners but it will be hard the way the beavers d surrounds the ball

[ QUOTE ]

all i got to say about fridays performance from the G-Men is"SCRIMMAGE"the g-men will look different friday just like bluefield will.

[/ QUOTE ]

True the formations and plays will be different for both squads but the athletes will be the same. Both squads are coached very well so the schemes will change you can count on that.

Graham only ran a few plays in scrimmages. I have a feeling, they will open up the playbook against Bluefield. I'm sure Bluefield wasn't showing much either. Bluefield usually has more athletes and it looks like that's the case again this year. I think it will be a close game. Graham by 7....

Graham's formula for success:

1. NO Turnovers

2. Lots of Bluefield Turnovers

3. Lots of luck.

It always seems to me the GMEN shoot themselves in the foot in the first quarter, either by a fumble, quick 3 and out, or a big play from Bluefield. Then they spend the Second half trying to mount a comeback. With the talent of Bluefield's team this year and their running game. Graham can't afford to be playing from behind in the Second Half. I would like Graham to capitalize on their passing game, to open up the middle for their Backs. (IF) they get the lead go conservative with the wishbone. With Brown and Carper playing RB and DB, I believe they are more needed at DB. Powell and the QB from Bluefield look awlful good.

I think a lot of people will be surprised come friday night. Rockbridge County is predicted by some to win the Valley District over TA...(the team that beat Richlands in the state title game)...Pulaski is supposed to have a mediocre team by their standards...a lot of young guys on the line.... Rockbridge was loaded with seniors. If you're basing your predictions on the scrimmages....Should be another close game...The two games last season were very close...both teams return most of their players from last season....so why all the Bluefield fans predicting a blowout??? .... makes no sense.

most predictions have rockbridge to finish 3rd or 4th in their district....don't know where you got the information that pulaski is going to be mediocre.....they're suppose to be salem's chief competition in the river ridge...

[ QUOTE ]

most predictions have rockbridge to finish 3rd or 4th in their district....don't know where you got the information that pulaski is going to be mediocre.....they're suppose to be salem's chief competition in the river ridge...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rockbridge will finish no worse than 3rd in the Valley behind TA and Harrisonburg.

PC is Salem's "chief comptetion" in the RR because B-burg, C-burg, HV, and CS are going to suck this year...

Who told you that HV, CV, B-burg and C-burg were all going to "suck" as you so politely put it?? Have any of those teams even played a game yet? NO. So until the season gets going let's keep the rude "suck" comments to yourself.

[ QUOTE ]

Who told you that HV, CV, B-burg and C-burg were all going to "suck" as you so politely put it?? Have any of those teams even played a game yet? NO. So until the season gets going let's keep the rude "suck" comments to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compared to Salem and Pulaski Co., yeh, those other teams are going to "suck" this year. Blacksburg will be the best of the four, much improved from last year's horrible season, but the other three were hit by major losses to graduation and will be nowhere close to as good as they were last season.

BTW, since this is MY board, I can comment however I see fit to comment...and if my comment is the truth, then that is something you are going to have to live with...like it or not...

Blacksburg must not have "sucked" to bad last year when they played Graham to a 35-28 score.

I guess since they suck then graham muct "suck" to?

Don't insult other teams with a potty mouth. I think B-Burg could surprise some people.

[ QUOTE ]

Blacksburg must not have "sucked" to bad last year when they played Graham to a 35-28 score.

I guess since they suck then graham muct "suck" to?

Don't insult other teams with a potty mouth. I think B-Burg could surprise some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

the final score was 34-31 OT with graham coming out on top, blacksburg always plays graham tuff.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, since this is MY board, I can comment however I see fit to comment...and if my comment is the truth, then that is something you are going to have to live with...like it or not...

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a point there..lol

[ QUOTE ]

Graham only ran a few plays in scrimmages. I have a feeling, they will open up the playbook against Bluefield. I'm sure Bluefield wasn't showing much either. Bluefield usually has more athletes and it looks like that's the case again this year. I think it will be a close game. Graham by 7....

[/ QUOTE ]

A playbook is only as good as the players executing it, something which Graham is lacking in comparison to Bluefield.