G-Men v Bluefield

ghs84

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

1000 words?. Are you saying that was a bone crushing hit there? I don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime the defenders leave their feet like that...you can guarantee, it's a hard hit! What do I know?? I just sat and watched the whole thing...

no, when a defender leaves his feet, it means garbage form... i was always taught to keep your feet and drive through them. when the guy with the ball is taken off his feet - now that's when it's a hard hit. and i'm not seeing that in the pic, just a bad form tackle.

apples are oranges too right?

I have a feeling that you would disagree with anything that I say, because I'm a Graham fan. I personally like seeing guys being agressive and flying around the ball. Patrick Henry of Roanoke and William Fleming had a LOT MORE ATHLETES than Graham if that is your argument. Graham did just fine. Bluefield will be much better than either of those teams IMO, but all this crap about Graham being blown out this season is just that....crap. I'll stick to my guns, it'll be a good, close game...could go either way...and another thing...Rockbridge would be an AAA school by West Virginia standards...and a darn good AAA team in WV at that...

[ QUOTE ]

youre right..they would run right by them and not even touch them...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct Beno. You want to hear the tale about the last time Pulaski County came to Mitchell Stadium to do battle with the mighty Beavers? It was 1995 or 1996 and Bluefield was still playing in class AAA. It was a warm evening in early autum and the G-Man and I sat in for a good "Bluefield on Friday, Graham on Saturday" weekend. Then something funny happened. Pulaski's tailback Josh Calfee broke a long run for a touchdown......then another, and another, and before you know it, It dawned on me that I had been duped. The G-Man and I had payed our hard earned money to watch a damned track meet at Mitchell Staduim. "That's funny", I thought to myself, because Mitchell Stadium has no track!

So the morale of the story is that the Beaver Believers don't really want their troops to wander too far down on the piedmont, or let schools of similar size come calling from "down on the flat land". They'll leave the Blacksburgs, Salems, and Pulaskis of the world to be dealt by that "other team" that calls Mitchell Stadium home. The poor ole' 19-58-2 Graham G-Men. As for the Beaver fans,

"WE WANT SCOTT!.......WE WANT SCOTT!.......WE WANT SCOTT!"

P.S. Pulaski hung 60+ that night on Beaver!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct Beno. You want to hear the tale about the last time Pulaski County came to Mitchell Stadium to do battle with the mighty Beavers? It was 1995 or 1996 and Bluefield was still playing in class AAA. It was a warm evening in early autum and the G-Man and I sat in for a good "Bluefield on Friday, Graham on Saturday" weekend. Then something funny happened. Pulaski's tailback Josh Calfee broke a long run for a touchdown......then another, and another, and before you know it, It dawned on me that I had been duped. The G-Man and I had payed our hard earned money to watch a damned track meet at Mitchell Staduim. "That's funny", I thought to myself, because Mitchell Stadium has no track!

So the morale of the story is that the Beaver Believers don't really want their troops to wander too far down on the piedmont, or let schools of similar size come calling from "down on the flat land". They'll leave the Blacksburgs, Salems, and Pulaskis of the world to be dealt by that "other team" that calls Mitchell Stadium home. The poor ole' 19-58-2 Graham G-Men. As for the Beaver fans,

You are referring to 1993...PUlaski was nationally ranked that year...things sure have changed in Pulaski since then...mediocrity reigns supreme there, now...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are referring to 1993...PUlaski was nationally ranked that year...things sure have changed in Pulaski since then...mediocrity reigns supreme there, now...Josh Calfee wasn't even in Middle School in 1993!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're on this subject...I think it was 56 points that PC hung on Bluefield...and as long as we're talking ancient history here...Bluefield beat Pulaski 66-12 in 1976 and it was the WORST DEFEAT in PULASKI COUNTY HISTORY....don't believe me...check the archives at www.cougarfootball.net

Sandman, before you go ranting and running off at the mouth at least have your facts straight. The last time Pulaski played Bluefield at Mitchell Stadium in a regular season game was 2000 with the final being 49-21 in favor of P.C. Pulaski and Bluefield didn't even play in 1995 or 1996. They played in 1994 and not again until 1998. Also, Bluefield's last year of being a AAA school was in 1993, not 1995 or 1996. And I too would pimp another school if my school hadn't fared too well against Bluefield over the years. grin.gif

Since Graham fans want to talk about size meaning so much and the reason Bluefield owned them for so many years. When Bluefield and Pulaski were close in enrollment Beaver owned Pulaski. When Bluefield's enrollment began dropping drastically mid 1980s and Pulaski grew is when PC began to take control of the series.

P.S. Futbolking don't sell us short, Beaver hung 69 on P.C. (the most ever against a PC team) in a 69-12 victory during the 1975 season.

You might be incorrect about the season calfee for pc played in anyhow, unless there are more than 1. I was thinking he was a more recent player, as in 5 seasons or so.

That said, no big thing about '93, the was the season pc scored that much, they were natonally ranked, bluefield finished 0 - 10.

The season before was a different story competitive wise, bluefield was pc's toughest competition on rute to their va. aaa title, aside from maybe ec glass who defeated them the week before.

They were fortunate to have defeated bluefield in '92 with 8 bluefield turnovers and no pc 1st downs until late in the game, that game was as 1 sided, for bluefield, as a game could be while still being a bluefield defeat.

'94, bluefield's 1st season in aa, it was a respectably close game. 2 score difference or someting, I didn't go to that game at pc though.

The teams didn't play through the mid '90s, when bluefield had the strong group of teams, '95 - 97.

When the teams played again after that in '99, bluefield defeated pc at pc on route to a runners up in aa, in '00 and '01, it was pc by a bigger margin at bluefield, I can't recall the teams playing after '00.

bluefield doesn't venture to far down '81 anymore, either direction, you are correct, but that's because of the va. school's conferences and schedules.

Buddy, Rockbridge County would walk away with the AA title in West Virginia. There was more talent at Mitchell on Friday than Bluefield will face on their entire run to the AA championship game. And yes, Bluefield will make the State Title game this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats humor there for you. Obviously spoken by someone that knows nothing about football. Pleasssseeee, bring Rockbridge on with the top AA teams. LOL, you Graham fans kill me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow guys, im back...This thread is pretty intresting to say the last

Why would we have to sit on the away side this year? I hear people from graham complaining, " Its only 1 game a year, you can deal with it", the door swings both ways my friends

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you are really tripping living in some sort of fantasy world Bluefield and P.C. by far passed the G-men as the hardest hitting team and them playing George Wyth was like them playing Bluefield Middle School. you need to tell the G-men to follow Coach Simons method of playing the best avalible teams insted of playing teams Pikeview can beat and giving there players FALSE hope

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, Rockbridge County would walk away with the AA title in West Virginia. There was more talent at Mitchell on Friday than Bluefield will face on their entire run to the AA championship game. And yes, Bluefield will make the State Title game this year.

[/ QUOTE ] bluefield would have beaten rockbridge hands down unlike graham. anyone else questionable if weir has speed like kast year they could to besides that no more teams with enough speed.and yes ill agree but don't there where three other talented teams besides bluefield big woo all of them could be beat by someone in aa in wva but rockbridge probably would be the acception. hell even graham has talent but there are more then two teams hell probably at least 4 teams that could beat graham.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are referring to 1993...PUlaski was nationally ranked that year...things sure have changed in Pulaski since then...mediocrity reigns supreme there, now...Josh Calfee wasn't even in Middle School in 1993!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're on this subject...I think it was 56 points that PC hung on Bluefield...and as long as we're talking ancient history here...Bluefield beat Pulaski 66-12 in 1976 and it was the WORST DEFEAT in PULASKI COUNTY HISTORY....don't believe me...check the archives at www.cougarfootball.net

[/ QUOTE ]

they shouldve put 100 against em they were 0-10 that year.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats humor there for you. Obviously spoken by someone that knows nothing about football. Pleasssseeee, bring Rockbridge on with the top AA teams. LOL, you Graham fans kill me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

You know down deep that Graham will be the best team Bluefield plays until Bluefield lurches into the State Finals. There's only two AA teams in West Virginia that have any possibility of beating Bluefield and they're Mount View and Weir. West Virginia in AA is an empty shell.

"You know down deep that Graham will be the best team Bluefield plays until Bluefield lurches into the State Finals."

i'm going to have to disagree with that... as our week 2 opponent should be a stiffer test... after that - i'll agree. but deep down, we would rather win week 1... that's the bigger game. Princeton hasn't meant anything to us but AAA points for a couple years.

yes it does blfd and for how many years has graham had to set on the visitors side on their home game with blfd. so do go saying the door swings both ways until you set on the visitors side for several years when it is your home game with graham. this is the first year i can ever remember that graham has gotten to set on the home side for their home game with blfd other than the second game last year. everyone from blfd is complaining that it is tradition for blfd to have the home side each and every year. now the shoe has changed maybe. now you can have the honor of actually setting on the visitors side with the sun hitting you in the face and not being able to see some of the game at the begining on a nice sunny day. now the door has swung the other way i bet we will hear more and more from blfd people that they do not like the visitors side and want to go back to the old way again.

[ QUOTE ]

"You know down deep that Graham will be the best team Bluefield plays until Bluefield lurches into the State Finals."

i'm going to have to disagree with that... as our week 2 opponent should be a stiffer test... after that - i'll agree. but deep down, we would rather win week 1... that's the bigger game. Princeton hasn't meant anything to us but AAA points for a couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work in Princeton and during lunch hours this month, my boss and I went to watch them pratice......trust me Graham's the best team on your schedule.

On the other hand Bluefield is NOT the best team on Graham's schedule!