Thoughts on Graham-Beaver...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

a State championship is a state championship...I don't care if you win a state championship in california, florida, texas, west virginia, virginia, etc...Its still a state championship!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the prevailing thought among Bluefield fans, and thus why you cannot have a rational discussion about football with them. Unbelievable!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...this is not to any other graham fan besides sandman..im not trying to be rude or anything but im tired of the way he is acting..i'll take our 8 WEST VIRGINIA state championships over grahams 2 VIRGINIA state championship in a heart-beat...enjoy this victory 58-20-2..the tides not turning..the tide will be bluefield 70 b4 graham equals 25

[/ QUOTE ]

This only reinforces my point. You predict Bluefield will be at least 12-5 in the next seventeen games in the series? Considering the fact that the seniors in the seventeeth game are one year old right now, I don't think that it's a stretch to say that's the dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

how come every time graham whips yall ass yall have to bring up the past? its not the past it right now and yall got spanked.

[/ QUOTE ]

insecurity........fact is there grandfathers were responsible for about 30 of those wins.

"a State championship is a state championship...I don't care if you win a state championship in california, florida, texas, west virginia, virginia, etc...Its still a state championship!"

"This is the prevailing thought among Bluefield fans, and thus why you cannot have a rational discussion about football with them. Unbelievable!!!!"

Actually this is what's not rational about debating wv and va. football with va., fans because you simply can't figure out that this va. region plays football no differently than wv. teams of equal size, and a lot differently than the football that is played in the aaa tidewater region, the region that is responsible for va. being considered such a quality football state.

It's not rational to consistently disrespect a team, bluefield, that overall has had their way with va. teams.

"This only reinforces my point. You predict Bluefield will be at least 12-5 in the next seventeen games in the series? Considering the fact that the seniors in the seventeeth game are one year old right now, I don't think that it's a stretch to say that's the dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum."

That's odd because history supports a bluefield advanatage not much different than that, so what does your forward looking crystal ball offer as a reason to argue against it? At least his opinion is based in factual history, but I guess you see something with the children down to 1 year old to argue otherwise?

"i do know that in va the deeper you get the bigger the schools are in va. cause you have to play bigger aa schools from central and eastern va.where the talent and population is larger.even here in stuarts draft the school is bigger than ghs or a least itseems to be,"

But with all due respect to this ongoing argument the va. side has, I guess yall never considered that if most of these va. teams you're talking about "were" in wv, they'd be aaa schools, and competitng against as good or better competition the likes of big schools such as morgnatown. With all due respect richlands wouldn't have defeated morgnatown or nitro likely in '05 either. In fact I'm lending them the benefit of the doubt suggesting it would be a game, while there might not be but a few aaa contenders or even 2 in some seasons in wv aaa, they are commonly very formidable and talented football teams.

The only school that can argue for competing in aa in wv hypoethtically is graham, because they play up in aa va., who ironically is the only school in va. aa that I've seen that in my opinion could have competed for a wv aaa title, in '01.

And considering that, it's been mentioned that bluefield would be a in va., and if you consider bluefield's caliber teams overall through any decade, they'd have just as good an opportunity to earn a va. a title in va. as they do a wv aa title in wv. ...

the only thing about the future is that it is just that the future and no one can predict it based on past history.that is past. the future is not set in stone who knows ghs could start to dominate this series. and for the majority of the wins by bhs it was when they were aaa and ghs was and of course is still aa and in many of those games ghs hung in with bhs. over the years there were many that said why does bhs play ghs it does them no good in the state. back then it was money. one of the bigger gates for both schools. and over the past years ghs has hung in with bhs and done much better in the series mainly since coach came to ghs. that being said i do not know the record since 73 but i would venture that it is closer than the previous games before 73.so i think that is why many say the tide is turning maybe slowly but turning. i know there are many here that know all the numbers from pre coach and post coach. i give bhs credit over the years yes they have won a lot more than ghs but for those to set here and say it will continue and then get mad at those from ghs who say it has ended and turning the other way. well that is their opinion and both have the right to their own and no one person is more right than the other.

I have a very urgent and disturbing announcing to make....

Graham won the Graham Beaver game 26-6. Graham is the better team this year.

who gives a crap about 1946, this is 2006 and the graham beaver record this year is 1-0. that is all.

You guys better worry about the rest of the season and not focus so much on one game. Graham was better this year, so what. Gentleman, you're going to see a very good football game this Saturday night at Mitchell Stadium. Two very physical teams will be going head-to-head.... Bulldogs and the G-Men.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree there. Are the gmen still watching film from last friday? Are they at disneyland? they just won the highlight of there season. i can understand the excitment, it doesn't happend much.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the team is watching film on Martinsville. We the fans, however are taking a delightful look back at the events that unfolded last Friday night. Oh, and we're a lot of pleasure of watching and listening to the "Believers" squirm under the hot lights............for the second year in a row.

One more thing, Bluefield has a game on Friday, the other rivalry, Princeton. It will be interesting to see the reaction of the Believers if they fall behind, or God forbid lose to the Tigers!

See you on Friday!

i think you and everyone else know that the g-men are focused on this sat game. they and i am talking the team not fans have forgotten about fri win. all i have to say is i know they will be ready for each game as it comes. the coaches will not let them look past a team to another team. but for those other teams left for them to play go on thinking like the beavers did and are that all the gmen are thinking about is the win over the beavers. cause if you do that you may be in for a rude awakening. ask the beavers. they thought ghs would roll over for them that the beavers were head and shoulders better than anyother team. and some seem to think that their game with princeton will be a walk over for the beavers. so see the gmen fans are the ones still happy about this win. and the beavers are still sad about the loss.

graham won ok..they showed up to play friday night and bluefield didn't..graham had the better team on FRIDAY NIGHT!! Now we have the rest of the season to play out..let graham enjoy there 20th victory..We know what we have..and we are proud of it all!!