Rainouts

MavsRock

myself having been invloved with semi-pro ball for 3 years (statistician, but not a dork) i think the Barons can be a positive for Blfd and could very well use Mitchell Stadium as home IF/WHEN turf is installed. The opening game between the Beavs/G-men was the worst ive ever seen the field look for opening week, period. Having travelled to semi-pro 'stadiums' all over VA,Md,KY,WV NJ,PA,IN,NC the Barons have one of the nicest setups outside of IN, they should be fortunate to be where they are.

how are they NOT a positive?? you may not like them bein there but what disgrace or bad view have they brought upon the town?? they are just a bunch of guys tryin to continue teir dream and have fun doin it,oh and they seeem to be pretty good as well. i just dont see anything 'bad' per se that they bring to Blfd. i do live in TN now so tell me if im missing something b/c i know several of the players and i havent heard anything bad as of yet.

[ QUOTE ]

i kno at the end a last year some players got in trouble i think maybe outside the fireplace and got arrested...i could be wrong tho?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I can't comment on that without being threatened with another lawsuit...

but the actions of a few individuals cant reflect on the team a a whole, i mean you have HS players doin the same thing but it doesnt always reflect ont he school, you are going to have some incidents but overall i havent heard anything bad about them.. c ya's

tom in tn

[ QUOTE ]

It's a little rain, you play football in whatever weather Mother Nature provides.

[/ QUOTE ]Not if you want fans in the bleachers. Sometimes you have to consider ticket sales and concession profits. Money, Money,Money...it's all about the money.

Just to let you know we looked at the field and cancelled youth football games in Richlands tomorrow. We felt that the field was way to wet for our kids to play on and could have actually been a saftey issue, so in the best interests of our youth players we will reschedule for another day when conditions are better. I honestly felt that the Varsity game should have been rescheduled as well, that field was very water logged at 5:30 pm today.

BigD4VT, I personally called the coaches in your area of concern this evening and let them know I cancelled the games so I hope this keeps down confusion on your end of the league. I wanted to make a descision early so parents can still make weekend plans for this Labor Day Weekend.

[ QUOTE ]

Just to let you know we looked at the field and cancelled youth football games in Richlands tomorrow. We felt that the field was way to wet for our kids to play on and could have actually been a saftey issue, so in the best interests of our youth players we will reschedule for another day when conditions are better. I honestly felt that the Varsity game should have been rescheduled as well, that field was very water logged at 5:30 pm today.

BigD4VT, I personally called the coaches in your area of concern this evening and let them know I cancelled the games so I hope this keeps down confusion on your end of the league. I wanted to make a descision early so parents can still make weekend plans for this Labor Day Weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate that and I completely agree with the decision.