Richlands @ Grundy

Ryan4VT

Who will come out on top?  

1. 1. Who will come out on top?

I think the rest is only 2 consecutive years against Graham,T-town, and CC. 04' and 05'. I really dont know about 03' I believe Tazewell beat us that year and CC did too, we beat Grundy...and i wanna say Graham beat us that year too not positive..maybee G-man can have the stats or sumone else.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands lost close games to Tazewell, Graham, Carroll and beat Grundy 13-7 in 2003. Their last SWD loss was 10-31-2003 @ Carroll. Since then they are 27-4 overall with 21 consecutive regular season wins and 9 consecutive SWD wins.

For some reason, I have always heard that Richlands is behind in the total series especially to Tazewell (I'm not really sure about Graham and Grundy). We seemed to handle all those teams in the 90s with the exception of a well-coached Graham team (Glynn Carlock) from time to time.

Whatever happened to those silver uniforms Richlands wore in the mid-90's when I was a student? Have they been worn since? I vividly remember them being worn against Lee High in a playoff game after we warmed up in all blue. Sorry, if I'm making no sense.

Grundy ALWAYS plays Richlands tough and that just doesn't go for football ... I can remember some fierce Grundy b-ball teams that just out hustled and, obviously, out shot the hell out of us.

[ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I have always heard that Richlands is behind in the total series especially to Tazewell (I'm not really sure about Graham and Grundy). We seemed to handle all those teams in the 90s with the exception of a well-coached Graham team (Glynn Carlock) from time to time.

Whatever happened to those silver uniforms Richlands wore in the mid-90's when I was a student? Have they been worn since? I vividly remember them being worn against Lee High in a playoff game after we warmed up in all blue. Sorry, if I'm making no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell probably does lead the series against Richlands and I'm sure Graham does as well. I would guess the Blues lead Grundy though.

I missed out on the silver uniforms. I lived in Richmond then. I've never liked the all blue... for that matter I've never liked the blue pants at all. When I was growing up I remember all the other teams having stripes, multi-colors etc., but I always liked that Richlands had the simplest possible look.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone remember a prediction sometime in the 80's Richlands-99 Grundy-0. The Golden Wave won that game. The Blues better not overlook this game. The Golden Wave will come out ready to play. GO BLUES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember it very well! Grundy won 7-0. That was the first game I watched down there. I still think about it every time I see a blow-out prediction.

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy always plays Richlands tough! The Blues will have to be ready to play!

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Dave, you know this game will be over by halftime...the radio guys are going to have to find something to "fill time" and finish the broadcast...just make sure you have the Richlands Middle School roster available 'cause you might need it in the fourth quarter. BTW, Gilliam's computer says Richlands over Grundy by a score of 67-9...

Guest old_school

I said Richlands by 40 earlier, I now change that to Richlands by 55. smile.gifThis game could start another streak of shut outs by Richlands? They have Abingdon after this one and I don't know if Grundy or Abingdon can score on them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy always plays Richlands tough! The Blues will have to be ready to play!

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Dave, you know this game will be over by halftime...the radio guys are going to have to find something to "fill time" and finish the broadcast...just make sure you have the Richlands Middle School roster available 'cause you might need it in the fourth quarter. BTW, Gilliam's computer says Richlands over Grundy by a score of 67-9...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wasting your time GMan. This Richlands team knows they have to approach every game like it's the biggest one on the schedule. Blowout predictions won't make them lose focus.

As for 67-9... I think it was Blues56 that said Richlands had beat them nine consecutive times. That scares me because streaks like that eventually end. It was mentioned last night that Richlands went to Grundy 20+ years ago and lost 7-0 after the Bristol paper predicted them to win 99-0. I was at that game and Richlands should have won... but they didn't.

Maybe I can answer some questions might not be the right answers but I'll try. The silver unis we wore I think during my freshman or sophmore year, we were O-2 in games when we wore them and urban legend was that Coach Vaught threw them away but they reappeared my senior year as practice uniforms. As far as the overall record vs. Tazewell I think that they are up by either 1 or 2 games on us all time some politician was giving things out last year that had the final scores for all the games on them and I counted them up. I think last time I heard we lead the Graham series by 4 or 5 games but that might be wrong someone can probably correct me.

Sames score at the half. Here are some Richlands stats:

155 yds rushing, 102 yds through the air. McCracken is 10-14 with 2 passing touchdowns, 1 rushing, 1 one interception. Jennings has racked up 132 yds on the ground on only 11 carries; 12 ypc. He's run for 2 TD with 2 called back.