Scoring

Player Pts.

Jennings ® 54

fuller ® 36

Mcdaniel (t) 36

singleton (cc) 30

2 players tied w/ 24

stats obtained via bristol herald courier

well i talk to Steve everyday and i know for a fact he had over 400 after the Blacksburg game...so maybe they got wrong information..and i talked to him today and he has over 500 now

but you have to remember the bristol paper does not cover blfd va hardly at all and i would call ito question there account of ghs players. i would take the word of a player from ghs over the bristol paper.

Here's the stats from the Telegraph :

156, 2 TD's - Blfd

- - , 0 TD's - Mart

206, 2 TD's - B'burg

100, 2 TD's - Marion

===========

462, 6 TD's

Neither Bluefield, Martinsville or Roanoke papers had any stats from the Mart. game.

In an earlier post, Parsons said that 106.3 said he had 32 vs. Mart, which would give Brown 498.

[ QUOTE ]

In an earlier post, Parsons said that 106.3 said he had 32 vs. Mart, which would give Brown 498.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is correct. i think some graham fans have disagreed with the bluefield paper stating that brown had 156 yards in the beaver game.....they say he had 177 in that game....have no idea who is right on that one....

the richlands blue tornado website says caleb jennings now has 520 yards on 52 carries for a 10 ypc average....

Well, fans can say whatever they want. Most papers that publish stats gets/makes a copy after the game from whoever keeps the stats for the team. Therefore, whatever is published is USUALLY the official numbers (and trying to get them changed is useless - just ask any b'ball player/parent).

That said, I saw 2 diff. numbers for McCoy last month - Shelby Valley's local paper (Pikeville) only gave him 440.

And last year, when Will Walker ran wild against Northwood, the Bristol & Roanoke papers disagreed with the distance of 3 of the TD runs.

All this is why I've never attempted to track stats.