bluekick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be damn. After reading your post, I did a google search for "35-point rule VHSL" -- check this out:

http://www.nfhs.org/web/2006/04/2006_football_rule_312_mercy_rule.aspx

VHSL Mercy Rule beginning with the 2006 season: When a thirty-five (35) point differential is reached at half-time or at any point in the second half, the game clock will continue to run anytime there is an incomplete pass or the runner goes out of bounds. Should the point differential be reduced to less than thirty-five points, game officials will discontinue the use of this timing adjustment. This adoption will be utilized only during regular season games and at all levels (varsity and sub-varsity). The adjustment may not be utilized when Rule 3-1-3 is in effect.

Thanks for the heads up 89.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is Rule 3-1-3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly do not know. My google searches turn up the following: In accordance with Rule 3-1-3, any remaining periods may be shortened or terminated by mutual agreement between the opposing coaches and the referee. That is all I found. I can't find the NFHS football rules published online.

[ QUOTE ]

BDT had way different stats i believe..saying Jennings only had 99 yards and 3 tds on 18 carries and McCracken had 244 yards for 3 tds

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted the stats that the radio gave.

[ QUOTE ]

BDT had way different stats i believe..saying Jennings only had 99 yards and 3 tds on 18 carries and McCracken had 244 yards for 3 tds

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only a few yards and an attempt difference there best I can tell. Maybe Larry saw some things differently. He got that final score right, though.

/ he typed it <u>1</u> time - for the box score

3-1-3

A periiod or periods may be shortened in any emergency by agreement of the opposing coaches and the referee. By mutual agreement of the opposing coaches and the referee, any remaining period may be shortened at any time or the game terminated.

[ QUOTE ]

3-1-3

A periiod or periods may be shortened in any emergency by agreement of the opposing coaches and the referee. By mutual agreement of the opposing coaches and the referee, any remaining period may be shortened at any time or the game terminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for clearing up that one.

From Bucky Dent's write-up on the game:

"Forget scoreboard operators. Richlands’ offense could wear out a calculator."

I just thought it was great and had to post it.