Virginia High @ Tazewell

parsons

[ QUOTE ]

Va.High is 4th in the state.Bearcats will win easily against a still injured Bulldawg team.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do u get state out of division 3... they are fourth in div 3 god ur stupid, besides that not even accurate.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They didn't control the clock really..I'm not saying they didn't stop MARION...haha... by all means they did. I'm saying they used big plays to get into scoring position early on.

I know Graham ran FB trap on Marion with good success down inside the 25 yardline but to get there, it was big plays to your speedster Brown.

Graham got the ball to him as often as possible. Marion couldn't stop him on jet sweep or anything to the outside or in the passing game either for that matter.

Graham would send Brown in motion and it was obvious where the ball would be going and still Marion couldn't stop it.

I.E...BIG PLAYS... most of the yardage came in chunks not really from sustained drives.

Marion's first, 1st down came with just about 6 minutes to go in the 2nd Quarter...you don't have to tell me, I was there. haha

Graham's defense played great...never said they didnt. I think Marion could give Carroll Co, Tazwell, and Abingdon trouble. They aren't a bad football team.

BUT WHO CARES...Graham @ Marion is old news.

Lets move on please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...here's the write up on the game. Other than the 64-yard TD, where are the "big plays"???

Defense shines as G-Men hand Marion first loss

By BRIAN WOODSON

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

MARION, Va.  With Richlands on tap next Friday, the Graham G-Men had to get its swagger back. They did.

Steven Brown ran for 100 yards and two touchdowns, and the Graham defense didn’t allow Marion a first down until the third quarter, as the G-Men prepared for next week’s Southwest District tilt with Richlands by blanking Marion 27-0 on Friday night at Hurricane Stadium.

It was a much-needed win for the G-Men (2-2), which had lost consecutive games to Martinsville and Blacksburg.

“We should have done better the last two weeks,†Graham senior Josh Broyles said, “but we got our swagger back tonight.â€Â

Brown used the same word to describe the win for Graham, which led 27-0 before the Hurricanes ever got a first down. The G-Men took a 21-0 lead into the break, having out-gained Marion 258-(-7).

“It was real important to get this win because we were real down because of the past two losses,†Brown said. “We knew we had to get our swagger back. We had to come out here and play our hardest. We knew in our heart we had to keep going no matter what.â€Â

Graham was never threatened in this one. On the first play of the game, Marion’s Nathaniel Creasy was dropped for a 10-yard loss by Jim Ed Williams. For the game, the ‘Canes (3-1) had just 71 yards on the ground and none through the air.

“They were undefeated and we came in here maybe wondering a little bit about ourselves,†Graham head coach Doug Marrs said. “We bowed up and played like we’re capable of playing.â€Â

Led by a strong effort from the offensive line, Brown, T.J. Carper and Tyler Barreras ran for 15 first half first downs and three touchdowns. Will Cole also threw the ball with efficiency, completing 6-of-12 passes for 133 yards and he also ran for another score. Brown caught three of those for 72 yards.

“We did play very well in the first half,†Marrs said. “It can make a great deal of difference when we can give (Will) time to throw the ball. It was a total team effort tonight, we did what we had to do to win.â€Â

Brown put the G-Men on the board early in the second half, busting through a huge hole and dashing 64 yards for the score. Barreras, Brown and Cole each had first half rushing touchdowns.

“I give all my credit to those boys up front,†Brown said. “They open the holes and I just go in them, it’s all them.â€Â

Defensively, Broyles, Williams and Barreras sparked a strong effort that didn’t allow the ‘Canes to even consider getting points on the board.

“We just wanted to come out and get ready for next week,†Broyles said. “We wanted to get our confidence back and just try to hit hard and show people that we shouldn’t have lost those two games.â€Â

Next up is Richlands (4-0), which has won four games by a combined score of 202-20. There’s little doubt it will be a challenge. Marrs said the preparation would begin when the bus pulled into the parking lot Friday night.

“We hadn’t had a chance to think about next week,†Marrs said. “I just know it’s on the schedule, but we’ll start to watch film as soon as we get back.â€Â

at Hurricane Stadium

Graham. (2-2).....................7 14 6 0  27

Marion (3-1)........................0 0 0 0  0

First Quarter

GRâ€â€Barreras 1 run (Mahood kick)

Second Quarter

GRâ€â€Brown 7 run (Mahood kick)

GRâ€â€Cole 6 run (Mahood kick)

Third Quarter

GRâ€â€Brown 64 run (kick failed) GR MR

First Downs 18 5

Rush-Yards 40-226 33-71

Passing Yards 133 0

Comp-Att-Int 6-12-0 0-5-0

Fumbles-Lost 5-1 3-0

Penalties-Yards 8-45 4-45

Punts-Avg. 3-37 7-29.7

http://www.bdtonline.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_259011301.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Steven Brown ran for 100 yards and two touchdowns

Brown caught three of those for 72 yards

Brown sets it all up for Graham is all I'm saying. Marion couldnt stop the outside threat by brown and it open up the middle. I'm not gonna argue with you about your team..you have your opinion.

Against Blacksburg he had a BIG DAY and against Mt. View he rushed 21-203 and caught 1 of only 3 completions for 8 yards. Brown is the man that makes Graham go is all I'm saying and he provides the BIG PLAY. ALL IM SAYIN...I'm done talking about it. haha

I really dont care! haha

OPINIONS MAN...aint that what forums are about...OPINIONS!

man, that article sounded to me like graham beat the everlivin' tar out of marion about as bad as a team can. 350+ yards to 70. and 250 to -7 at the half. that's about as much as you can dominate a team right there.

With Mcdaniel and company back this will be a much better Tazewell team this week. Just based on the numbers, you gotta like Tazewell in this one.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They didn't control the clock really..I'm not saying they didn't stop MARION...haha... by all means they did. I'm saying they used big plays to get into scoring position early on.

I know Graham ran FB trap on Marion with good success down inside the 25 yardline but to get there, it was big plays to your speedster Brown.

Graham got the ball to him as often as possible. Marion couldn't stop him on jet sweep or anything to the outside or in the passing game either for that matter.

Graham would send Brown in motion and it was obvious where the ball would be going and still Marion couldn't stop it.

I.E...BIG PLAYS... most of the yardage came in chunks not really from sustained drives.

Marion's first, 1st down came with just about 6 minutes to go in the 2nd Quarter...you don't have to tell me, I was there. haha

Graham's defense played great...never said they didnt. I think Marion could give Carroll Co, Tazwell, and Abingdon trouble. They aren't a bad football team.

BUT WHO CARES...Graham @ Marion is old news.

Lets move on please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...here's the write up on the game. Other than the 64-yard TD, where are the "big plays"???

Defense shines as G-Men hand Marion first loss

By BRIAN WOODSON

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

MARION, Va. — With Richlands on tap next Friday, the Graham G-Men had to get its swagger back. They did.

Steven Brown ran for 100 yards and two touchdowns, and the Graham defense didn’t allow Marion a first down until the third quarter, as the G-Men prepared for next week’s Southwest District tilt with Richlands by blanking Marion 27-0 on Friday night at Hurricane Stadium.

It was a much-needed win for the G-Men (2-2), which had lost consecutive games to Martinsville and Blacksburg.

“We should have done better the last two weeks,” Graham senior Josh Broyles said, “but we got our swagger back tonight.”

Brown used the same word to describe the win for Graham, which led 27-0 before the Hurricanes ever got a first down. The G-Men took a 21-0 lead into the break, having out-gained Marion 258-(-7).

“It was real important to get this win because we were real down because of the past two losses,” Brown said. “We knew we had to get our swagger back. We had to come out here and play our hardest. We knew in our heart we had to keep going no matter what.”

Graham was never threatened in this one. On the first play of the game, Marion’s Nathaniel Creasy was dropped for a 10-yard loss by Jim Ed Williams. For the game, the ‘Canes (3-1) had just 71 yards on the ground and none through the air.

“They were undefeated and we came in here maybe wondering a little bit about ourselves,” Graham head coach Doug Marrs said. “We bowed up and played like we’re capable of playing.”

Led by a strong effort from the offensive line, Brown, T.J. Carper and Tyler Barreras ran for 15 first half first downs and three touchdowns. Will Cole also threw the ball with efficiency, completing 6-of-12 passes for 133 yards and he also ran for another score. Brown caught three of those for 72 yards.

“We did play very well in the first half,” Marrs said. “It can make a great deal of difference when we can give (Will) time to throw the ball. It was a total team effort tonight, we did what we had to do to win.”

Brown put the G-Men on the board early in the second half, busting through a huge hole and dashing 64 yards for the score. Barreras, Brown and Cole each had first half rushing touchdowns.

“I give all my credit to those boys up front,” Brown said. “They open the holes and I just go in them, it’s all them.”

Defensively, Broyles, Williams and Barreras sparked a strong effort that didn’t allow the ‘Canes to even consider getting points on the board.

“We just wanted to come out and get ready for next week,” Broyles said. “We wanted to get our confidence back and just try to hit hard and show people that we shouldn’t have lost those two games.”

Next up is Richlands (4-0), which has won four games by a combined score of 202-20. There’s little doubt it will be a challenge. Marrs said the preparation would begin when the bus pulled into the parking lot Friday night.

“We hadn’t had a chance to think about next week,” Marrs said. “I just know it’s on the schedule, but we’ll start to watch film as soon as we get back.”

at Hurricane Stadium

Graham. (2-2).....................7 14 6 0 — 27

Marion (3-1)........................0 0 0 0 — 0

First Quarter

GR—Barreras 1 run (Mahood kick)

Second Quarter

GR—Brown 7 run (Mahood kick)

GR—Cole 6 run (Mahood kick)

Third Quarter

GR—Brown 64 run (kick failed) GR MR

First Downs 18 5

Rush-Yards 40-226 33-71

Passing Yards 133 0

Comp-Att-Int 6-12-0 0-5-0

Fumbles-Lost 5-1 3-0

Penalties-Yards 8-45 4-45

Punts-Avg. 3-37 7-29.7

http://www.bdtonline.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_259011301.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Steven Brown ran for 100 yards and two touchdowns

Brown caught three of those for 72 yards

Brown sets it all up for Graham is all I'm saying. Marion couldnt stop the outside threat by brown and it open up the middle. I'm not gonna argue with you about your team..you have your opinion.

Against Blacksburg he had a BIG DAY and against Mt. View he rushed 21-203 and caught 1 of only 3 completions for 8 yards. Brown is the man that makes Graham go is all I'm saying and he provides the BIG PLAY. ALL IM SAYIN...I'm done talking about it. haha

I really dont care! haha

OPINIONS MAN...aint that what forums are about...OPINIONS!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I asked earlier...WHERE ARE THE BIG PLAYS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT???

Brown had 100 yards...take away the two TD runs of 7 and 64, that means he rushed for ONLY 29 yards during the rest of the game. If he only ran the ball one other time, that means he had a run of 29 yards...not really a 'BIG PLAY' in my opinion. Graham controlled the ball and the game and pounded it down Marion's throat all night long while completely shutting down Marion's offense.

If some players from VHS step up than i think they pull this one out for a tight win...If not i think Tazewell could win by around 10ish....VHS lost its playmakers(3 thata are suspended) and Esposito and Holbrook are gametime decisions from what i've heard....If VHS is to stop Tazewell than Randy White is gonna have to step up....He averages about 8 tackles a game but 6 out of 8 come at or past the first down marker...Before the season i heard White was supposed to be D1 material...From what I've seen this season he'd be lucky to be D3 material....Very overrated in my opinion.....If VHS has players step up than i like VHS-17 Tazewell-14 If not i like Tazewell-27 VHS-13

yeah Randy white is looked at for offense rather than defense. but hey your right he isnt that good on defense. But yes he will have to step it up in this game if the bearcats want to win!

Hold on here we are for getting about chris carter, andre ayla and eccleston who is over 600 yards right now or is getting close if they have a solid game from all 3 of them and numba 11 Oakes makes plays then VHS will win not because of randy white he is good player but their so many on offense you are 4getting about really come on

No hold on here, When is the last time a Highlands team has beat a SWD team? Last time i checked it like SWD 40 Highlands 0! Don't just think because the DAWGS got rolled over last week by a good team that u think u will come in here and do the same!! This team is going to pissed off when they hit the filed tom night, and by what I have heard is everyone is healthly for the first time in 3weeks. GO DAWGS!!!

Tazwell has this one in the bag randy white aint that good of a player prob. the most over rated one on the team and meser and oaks don't do anything either only thing VHS has going for them is Carter and Ayla and thats it so Tazwell will win hands down

Tazwell has this one in the bag randy white aint that good of a player prob. the most over rated one on the team and meser and oaks don't do anything either only thing VHS has going for them is Carter and Ayla and thats it so Tazwell will win hands down

first learn to spell its Messer and Oakes and how can you say they dont do anything i recall at the abing vhs game that messer threw for two touchdowns and had around 50 -60 yards rushing from the option and hes ran it well all year then Oakes had 4 huge catches against yall 2 being on fourth and 10 to get them a first down... LOVE to know what your talking about cause i dont see your QB doin anything but throwing picks and Bailey is the only reciever you have... so i reallly think all the abing people need to stop talkin trash about us and try and win another game...!!

[ QUOTE ]

A few factors will come into play.

Can we hold on to the ball? We have had some fumble issues.

Can we tackle against a bigger team? We're definitely gonna be the smaller team and that sometimes causes us big problems.

Is this the "let down game"? We've had two straight nailbiter victories, can the kids get up for Tazewell?

Can Tazewell match our speed? If we can get outside a lot I don't see us losing.

I say its a 6 point game, maybe 24-18 us, or 13-7 them.

[/ QUOTE ]size and all this means nothing when you show up with heart and are ready to lay yourself out on the line. so I say this ones gonna come close good luck to both teams

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Can we tackle against a bigger team? We're definitely gonna be the smaller team and that sometimes causes us big problems.

Is this the "let down game"? We've had two straight nailbiter victories, can the kids get up for Tazewell?

Can Tazewell match our speed? If we can get outside a lot I don't see us losing.

[/ QUOTE ]size and all this means nothing when you show up with heart and are ready to lay yourself out on the line. so I say this ones gonna come close good luck to both teams

[/ QUOTE ]

SOMEONE WITH CLASS ... FINALLY!

INSTEAD OF PEOPLE DOWNING KIDS!!

WELL PUT!!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SOMEONE WITH CLASS ... FINALLY!

INSTEAD OF PEOPLE DOWNING KIDS!!

WELL PUT!!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to burst your all's bubble, but, yeah, size and all that other stuff does matter. Yeah, if you come out and play with heart it definitely helps, but if you're playing a much bigger, faster, and all around better team, you're not going to win. Santa Clause isn't real either.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

so i reallly think all the abing people need to stop talkin trash about us and try and win another game...!!

[/ QUOTE ] heres one for you, how bout you all try and act white, cause yall sure aint black.. even though u all try with ur FUBU and your BLing Bling and your Grillz, yall are still white and are just making ur selves look like comlete idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are trying to insult somebody, it would probably help to correctly spell "complete idiots." Also, last I checked, VHS has several black players. Anyway, congratulations on looking like a moron, being mildly racist, and overall reflecting poorly on the city of Abingdon.

im not racist my best friends are black, i just cant stand it when white people (basically the whole VA hs) act like 50 cent and tupac.. thats a little gay... and as far as im concerned i couldnt care less about my spelling on a football post... so that insulted me in no way, maybe next time, try again

Good luck tazewell

taz-33 va high - 18