Abingdon 07-08 FB coach

SALTSHAKER

Who is going to be the FB coach at Abingdon next year? Or a better ? is who would want it. With that Movie house saleing Beer they will have a hard time getting all of the parents and kids out of the movies and on to the playing field.I read where the SB voted in favor of the movie house and beer sales. And voted to put Mr. Grgory out for the rest of the year. Mixed message? Is Mr. Gregory teaching now ? or is he out of teaching too?

you are real funny, id hate to see what would happened if they put a sports bar in front of richlands highschool, considering a few years back when they got killed in playoffs against magna vista, the coaches figured theyd get em a little drunk to boost there ego on the charter bus..

[ QUOTE ]

Who is going to be the FB coach at Abingdon next year? Or a better ? is who would want it. With that Movie house saleing Beer they will have a hard time getting all of the parents and kids out of the movies and on to the playing field.I read where the SB voted in favor of the movie house and beer sales. And voted to put Mr. Grgory out for the rest of the year. Mixed message? Is Mr. Gregory teaching now ? or is he out of teaching too?

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie house as you call it is not selling beer at the moment and the school board did not vote to allow the movie house to sell beer, and they wouldnt be selling the beer for movies anyways. So why would there be a hard time getting people and their parents out of there. Get you facts straight before you open your mouth.

[ QUOTE ]

Salt Shaker, I'm just curious, are you from Saltville or Richlands? Did you ever play for the Shakers and if so what years?

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I was wondering that too myself. The Saltshakers... thats a heck of a cool mascot! cool.gif

good luck to anyone who takes that job. who would want it? and not because of the current mess over there, but simply because the school just doesn't have any football players in it. Sure there are some athletes over there, but there just aren't enough kids willing to pay the price to be football players. They make good fans over there...They can run their mouths in the crowd like they do during basketball...but, thats about it. i think its a problem everywhere...but even more so in areas where the income level is above the norm. a large majority of those kids have had everything handed to them...and successful football requires extremely hard work and dedication. they just simply aren't hungry over there. So, who on earth would want that job? 1,000 kids, but I bet there aren't more than 5 in the whole school that would even resemble a football player.

wait, i know who the next coach should be..an ole grundy boy named Jimmy. I was at the Tazewell game and I saw him and a friend of his who I believe is named Wade...and they were giving the coaches heck from the stands. From what I hear from a couple of my friends that live over there is that those 2 guys really believe they have all the answers. One of my buddies say they've coached some youth ball over there and that they beleive their success in the abingdon youth leagues has qualified them to be high school coaches. At least they apparently tell anyone and everyone around them that they have all of the answers. Heck, its abingdon, why not let some "know it all" parents coach?

That would be Jimmy Hess and Wade Lopez. If they get it, they need to bring in legendary little league coach Dale Cox. Hess played basketball at Grundy, never football. Just another example of everyone thinking they are a coach. Wade Lopez is an Abington boy, who played in the 80's. I thought Jimmy was going into "fighting middle school coaches". Heck of a sport, where you yell and coach from the stands and want to fight the coach's dad afterwards.

Lee has plenty of candidates for the job. I remember one in particular years ago that knew everything about everything. When current Chicago Bears running back Thomas Jones was a senior at Powell Valley, on the first play of the game against Lee, Jones had a sixty yard run. One of our fans jumped to his feet and started yelling at our coach for allowing the sixty yard run, and then said to everyone in the stands: " I would have had someone waiting on him at the line of scrimmage and popped him if I was the coach". I thought, what a genius this fan was. Jones had rushed for something like a gozillian yards as a junior, and all any defense had to do to stop him was just have someone wait on him at the line of scrimmage and pop him.

when will the job be opened up? Will it be an in house hire or will it be an outside person. What are the good and bad things about this position. What is the weight program like and the offseason program? Do the coaches at the school work together?