What has happened to Grundy

jeffro

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have to worry about the Grundy Wrestling Team getting any rings, including their IR. C-burg has proven that if you establish a good feeder program and middle school program no one can touch ya. That's the way it use to be at Grundy, until they turned it over to sugar daddy's son

I'll state this fact...99% of the Seniors from a year ago didn't have an ounce of heart, and you were left with 2 or 3 that actually cared if the team won or lost..no leadership at all..This year, your starters at the beginning of the season have no expierecnce, and don't really know what it is like to win a game. I think that the majority of the players that are out now, are not experienced enough to play in the SWD. Grundy might be down, but they are not out...

Guest BB_TWEEDER

""" Let me list the football players who wrestle. Ethan Owens, Jon Dotson, Josh McCowan, Kaleb Smith, Morgan Owens, Demarco Owens, Josh Lee, Josh Ratliff, and Andy Stiltner. 9 of the 21 ball players are wrestlers . It is not because the wrestlers do not play. The feeder program does have a problem though. It is as simple as this: the high school coaches and the middle school coaches and the little league coaches do not communicate. The little league runs their plays, the middle school runs their plays and the varsity runs their plays. If everyone used the same playbook the problem would be reduced drastically. """

Thats exactly what Giles does... from Pee Wee all the way to varsity is the Single Wing Offense. Its working for them.

[ QUOTE ]

Give Dale the whole thing. ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSE... haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Id say you boys over at Hurley need him"The Legend" a lot worse there coach...Ya"ll good at giving advice to your neighbors across the hill maybe you should get your guru over there to put them boys back on the schedule...As lowly as you seem to think they are Id say theyd spank your a$$ as good as Scammell did last Friday...fix your on house first my friend..

East side versus West side; Bloods versus Crypts; gays versus straights; Israel versus Lebanon; now Hurley versus Grundy! I bet this Cox guy will look like Michael Jackson in the Beat It video

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey Gridiron.. Rebs didnt even graduate from Hurley.. He is a Grundy Alumni cool.gif ... so befor you go throw off on Hurley ppl check on some info first.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Gridiron.. Rebs didnt even graduate from Hurley.. He is a Grundy Alumni cool.gif ... so befor you go throw off on Hurley ppl check on some info first.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems to have his head up there where he can can tell ya what they have ate for the last 6 months..but any how I dont care about anything youd have to say neither since you dont "strap it on anymore"your gonna play the gentler kinder kinda sports...like I said worry about your boys winning A game, and dont worry about if we'll win ANOTHER one....

You know what bothers me? When a program is having a bad year, it is always the coaches' fault, but when a program is winning, the kids always get the credit. Coaches can only do so much. They can't get on the field and play the game for the boys. It comes down to heart and effort on the boys' part. Also, if Dale Cox was out of the system the kids may develop some work ethic because they would actually practice.

haven't you learned anything old boy, it's always the coaches fault. it's the coaches fault joe jr. missed that tackle. it's the coaches fault jack didn't catch that ball that hit him right in the chest. I believe what Grundy needs worse than anything right now is a line coach that knows what the crap is going on. if grundy wants to win bring bull back in......... lol

Guest BB_TWEEDER

"""seems to have his head up there where he can can tell ya what they have ate for the last 6 months..but any how I dont care about anything youd have to say neither since you dont "strap it on anymore"your gonna play the gentler kinder kinda sports...like I said worry about your boys winning A game, and dont worry about if we'll win ANOTHER one.... """

You know nothing about me... or my reasons... Hardly does anyone... Its not becasue of me wanting to play gentler sports im just not phyiscally able

[ QUOTE ]

"""seems to have his head up there where he can can tell ya what they have ate for the last 6 months..but any how I dont care about anything youd have to say neither since you dont "strap it on anymore"your gonna play the gentler kinder kinda sports...like I said worry about your boys winning A game, and dont worry about if we'll win ANOTHER one.... """

You know nothing about me... or my reasons... Hardly does anyone... Its not becasue of me wanting to play gentler sports im just not phyiscally able

[/ QUOTE ]

And the dog ate my homework.....

Grundy had a great line coach last year.....but he was just a coach that tried to bring in a completley different system and the players couldent addapt in just one year and he wanted it his way now this year they have another line coach and next year they will have yet another......and the coach they have this year knows his stuff its just the fact that every year its a new coach that tries to teach his own way and its hard to addapt

[ QUOTE ]

This is just pathetic he was was a great player and the fact of it is i know he is not physically able any more for a fact so why dont u just worry about your self

[/ QUOTE ]

If youd put as much effort into your playing as you do your posting Id bet your game would pickup..I know him too so kiss my a$$..

You have not seen the sarcasm. The two line coaches for Grundy I have the utmost respect for. Good friends with them both. My post was not intended to put them down because they know a whole hell of lotta about it, both extremely good players and coaches.