a shocker ..abingdon 20 carroll county 17

hoops247

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abingdon is not in the SWD! CC losing to Abingdon does not hurt them in the SWD. CC will still has a chance to win the SWD *IF* they can beat Richlands-Graham but thats probably not going to happen.

you would think that by now no one no matter how good the team is would ever overlook anyone in highschool football especially in the swd. on any given day anyone can be beaten. yes rhs is very good but the district schedule is not over for them just yet. remember last year with cc. it could happen again and this time cc could come out on top. we will all have to wait and see.

well i just hope that rhs does not feel as cocky as you do because overconfidence can kill a team. you start to believe your press and can overlook a very good team and the next thing you know boom you lose. not saying it will happen but that it can at any given time and you should know that also.

Its an upset but I dont really think its that much of a shocker, Tazewell, Carroll and Abingdon all seem to be about the same level this year. The games between all of them have been really close, The Tazewell Carroll County game was alot closer than even the 7 point scoreboard difference said and Abingdon played Tazewell in a 3 point game.

Richlands isn't overlooking anyone. I've been on both sidelines and I haven't seen a team more focused than Richlands. No matter who they're playing or what the score is. They're all business.

Good game to both sides, gotta give it to Duran Carson and Stephen Lowe. Carson with his runing and Lowe with his blocking and defense makes me think we can get in with a 6-4 record. Beating Carroll helps us out in the points ALOT. Carroll has a really good team. Hope you win the rest of them CC, and GO FALCONS!

i am not knocking rhs just the poster who says that no one can beat rhs the rest of the year. not team is invinciable no matter how good they are all it takes is one let down and you can lose. rhs almost did that last year with cc but pulled it out and i hope they do again. i just dislike those that say a team cannot be beat the rest of the year. i think most know this is highschool football there is never a given or easy game out there on any teams schedule.

I agree with you. Any team can lose any given game. My point is this team will not lose focus. They are so focused during the game that they wouldn't recognize their own mothers if they came down to the field and smacked them on the helmet...

Abingdons running back number 34 is one hell of a player and yall's oline whooped our dline all night. Our defense hasnt been showing up for the past couple games for some odd reason but regardless, huge ups for Abingdon on a good win. Good luck to u guys for the rest of the season. I just hope that Carroll gets back on the right path before Richlands.

Marion seems to be a good candidate to help us get back in line, and Grundy seems to be struggling this season, but who knows...sure dont want to overlook them.

and i agree with you on rhs i support them also my thing was with the person who said that there was no way rhs would lose again. i dont think rhs will lose focus but kids are kids and now and then they read what others say about them and sometime start to believe that they are head and shoulders above everyone. i am not saying they will lose again just that people need to realize this is highschool football and these are kids. shoot even in college and the pros you have teams that are much better than the rest and sometimes they lose. it can happen. now do i hope it does to rhs no only if and when they play ghs again then i hope they lose. if they dont i hope they win out after that game.

Why did this topic turn into a synopsis of whether or not Richlands will beaten (probably not) or whether they will not win the SWD? This was simply a question about a game they had nothing to do with. Give Abingdon credit. Yes, they're not the caliber of team of most in SWVA; however, they are improving every week. One play separated them from a victory on the road at Tazewell and one play against Virginia High ended the same. Abingdon plays the schedule they have. They were so close in those games and should have won them. With their adversity this year, the kids have had to face something that no team in this area has had to except for the sudden losses of Coach Carlock and Appalachia's coach; and they have responded as winners. Be respectful enough to give credit where it is due. Abingdon flat out kicked CC's ass last night and the 3 points on the board was no indicator as to the closeness of the game. Abingdon will continue to do what they can each game and each season and all other schools can continue to trash them and poke fun. But there will be a time where it is the asses of the others that the Falcons will unexpectedly come out and kick. Thank you swvafootball for adding to the motivation of this team that will continue to give them something else to play for.

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon flat out kicked CC's ass last night and the 3 points on the board was no indicator as to the closeness of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats right, C.C. was not 1 foot, not 2 feet, but a whole yard away from scoring the winning td at the end of the game....obviously, the final score was no indication of how big a blowout this game was....

read previous post by hoops247 or something like that. i myself was defending cc because i believe that they have just as good a chance of beating rhs as anyone but some used this game to make the comment that no way would cc win against rhs.

[ QUOTE ]

Its an upset but I dont really think its that much of a shocker, Tazewell, Carroll and Abingdon all seem to be about the same level this year. The games between all of them have been really close, The Tazewell Carroll County game was alot closer than even the 7 point scoreboard difference said and Abingdon played Tazewell in a 3 point game.

[/ QUOTE ] if thats the case then how come everyone bashes abingdon and talks crap about us? shouldnt u all do the same to tazewell and carrol, or is it just the fact yall like to do it to abingdon? and i do believe also that carrol county can pull it off and beat rhs! good luck Cavs!