Salem

MinuteMan

Abingdon/Richlands  

1. 1. Abingdon/Richlands

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salem would kill richlands. Salem is alwahys been good and richlands is lucky that they got out of that division that they were in cause Salem knocked them out of the playoffs every year when richlands made it there

correct me if im wrong but has richlands and salem only played twice in the last 16 years. Richlands won one and a state championship, and salem one once with a state championship. Thats a far cry from salem beating them every year.

Liberty-Bedford? Dont bring a poodle to a dogfight. Lets see:

9/1/06 Northside (Roanoke, VA) W 30-17

9/8/06 @Bassett (VA) L 14-17

9/22/06 Western Albemarle (Crozet, VA) W 32-20

9/29/06 Staunton River (Moneta, VA) ** W 28-13

10/6/06 @Jefferson Forest (Jefferson, VA) ** L 32-36

Looks like 2 too many losses to bring this pooch to the club. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

correct me if im wrong but has richlands and salem only played twice in the last 16 years. Richlands won one and a state championship, and salem one once with a state championship. Thats a far cry from salem beating them every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now's about the time I drag out "cleatgate"!

Please, for the love of GOD, do not get that started again! We go through the same thing year after year over something that was perpetrated by a coach who was hired from outside the area, and has resided outside the area ever since. The kids on this team do not deserve it. They were infants and toddlers in 1992. Please let it die!!!

You're right. The Massey ratings have Salem ranked eighth in the state, with Richlands twentieth. Home-field deviation does not account for too much in that poll. Therefore, Salem would win, most likely. I'd say by 17 points, 37-20.

Also, to an earlier comment that Richlands could beat anyone in the state...that is a ridiculous statement to make. Landstown would put up a basketball-like score on them, as would C.D. Hylton, etc. There's a mighty strength in numbers.

[ QUOTE ]

You're right. The Massey ratings have Salem ranked eighth in the state, with Richlands twentieth. Home-field deviation does not account for too much in that poll. Therefore, Salem would win, most likely. I'd say by 17 points, 37-20.

Also, to an earlier comment that Richlands could beat anyone in the state...that is a ridiculous statement to make. Landstown would put up a basketball-like score on them, as would C.D. Hylton, etc. There's a mighty strength in numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

now thats what im talking about.Richlands wouldnt stand a chance against those AAA teams from the east or north.way too much talent.they would think they were playing a college team thats for sure.Im not taking anything away from them its just they are a very good AA team and thats it.they have the capability to win state.but they would have a very difficult time beating a team the likes of CD Hylton.

if richlands is worried about salem then they are barking up the wrong tree we heard last year about how great richlands was then they lost to the knights of turner ashby. first of all richlands has not been tested . their schedule has been easy so far and that is not meant to hurt anybodys feelings but lets take a look.

they beat gate city single a school

honaker no contest

grundy down year

abingdon beat carrol by 3

graham off to slow start

tazewell

marion

all these teams they have beat handily and i know richlands has a pretty good team and i think division 3 looks to be down so they may have a chance but schedules are hard to change but in my opinion graham plays a more diversified schedule with bluefield, martinsville, and blacksburg because they will see different things against stronger competition.

i agree richlands has not been tested. They blown out everyone they have played (grahm game close in first half). I guess you all think that because richlands kills everyone that everyone else is having a down year. You don't worry rhs players and coaches are not worried about salem (not even thinking about them) because they do not have to play them. why would you think about someone that there is no way you have to play. This topic is mostly just fans talking about how good our team is or others talking about how rhs do not play anybody and would not stand a chance agianst salem. as for me i could care less about salem. If we were D4 i would think about the situation. but not going to happen. By the way, richlands fans do not think there are unbeatable. Do we think were the best in the state? for the most part no considering that i beleive cd hylton is ranked nationally. Do we think we are the best in AA? why not think so. I do not think there is a AA school we cant beat. Do we think we are the best in division 3? YES. Can we be beat? YES. FYI we are not the only ones that think we are the best in D3. Gilliam said we are to good for anyone in the SWD and probably D3 . also rated in top 2 in every poll out there. But as i know and i know everyone on the team knows you take it one game at a time.

[ QUOTE ]

SALEM WOULD CRUSH RICHLANDS AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT .

[/ QUOTE ]

we'll never know.....but richlands played salem very tight two years ago in the state semifinal with that richlands team not being nearly as strong as this year's team.....salem has a strong team and a strong tradition but they are not going to be better than every other AA team every year.....both teams still have alot to prove in their respective divisions.....