Are You Ready For SWD Basketball?

waveman92

Officially a month to the date until the coaches can start practicing the area high-school players and get them ready to play.. just an over-look from last season and thinking of the returning players.. who will win the SWD Title in '06? and why?

i think grundy will be the team to beat but tazewell will still be a good team they got some freshmans coming up that can play some ball they should have two point gaurds this year thay already have the all state PG and the freshman PG could learn alot. but grundy should be the team.

apparently yall havent heard anything about grahams girls team then... so ill gladly tell yall... but graham got the 2 roberts twins back who are 6'ft and good, they got a girl from princeton that is said to be better then kathaleen bourne, maggie jones, if the hannah lawerence girl from MCA plays who is 6'ft and MCAs leadin scorer last year then they wont be stopped downlow... and thats not counting that they still have beth mercke, andrea wolkoff, and a freshman chelsea gallinger that will be better then all of them when shes a senior... so dont underestimate graham this year

[ QUOTE ]

apparently yall havent heard anything about grahams girls team then... so ill gladly tell yall... but graham got the 2 roberts twins back who are 6'ft and good, they got a girl from princeton that is said to be better then kathaleen bourne, maggie jones, if the hannah lawerence girl from MCA plays who is 6'ft and MCAs leadin scorer last year then they wont be stopped downlow... and thats not counting that they still have beth mercke, andrea wolkoff, and a freshman chelsea gallinger that will be better then all of them when shes a senior... so dont underestimate graham this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Graham went out and did a little recruiting for girls hoops this season...doubt it pays off though...

haha actually all these ppl just got sick of there schools, and the roberts twins went to graham before and transferred to bluefield because they didnt like the coach but now that weve got a new coach they came back, the girl from princeton moved up here and i dunno about the lawerence girl... but no the coach that got arrested was the middle school 8th grade boys coach mrs graham and shes done now, mr blevins took her place as 8th grade coach... but grahams girls varsity coach is some new girl, dang i cant think of her name now but she played and was real good and played college ball, and her dad is like a sports annoucer or something in tazewell (correct me on that someone i just know he does something in tazewell like that)

[ QUOTE ]

I thought he daughter is in college now?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Tracy Wyatt been done with college for a couple of years now, she graduated in 2004 from Glenville State. She was an All-American while at Glenville State, the conference player of the year, and led Glenville deep into the national tournament three straight years.

I still think that Carroll co will have a say in who wins? It should be good. I think the Watts girls is a very good guard and they have a couple of go Freshman. They are hurting on size.

• 3 weeks later...