VT v. Clemson--crossroads for the Hokies...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't Frank Beamer say a few years ago that the maroon on maroon uniforms were a thing of the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is that there was a group started on Facebook for the specific purpose of petitioning that Tech wear the maroon on maroon uniforms tonight.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that VT has a VERY good chance to beat Clemson. VT has been none to "rise to the occasion" when it comes to playing good teams. FOr instance, when they played #1 USC 2 years ago they only lost by 1 point. Clemson is nowhere near as good as that team was, however Clemson does have a great team this year. They have several playmakers. I believe that VT will wake up and take this win. They did bounce back and beat Southern Miss this past weekend, which I think was a make or break game for them also. VT cannot afford to lose anymore games this year if they plan on making it to a decent bowl game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well guys I believe I was right when I said what I said. VT played their hearts out last night. Once again they have shown the public that they CAN and WILL rise to the occassion. They came onto the field fired up and they left the field fired up. The O-Line showed that they can play hard against a good team causing Branden Ore to get his second consecutive 200 yards rushing game and the Tech Defense showed more discipline than they did in the 2 games that they lost. "Didn't Frank Beamer say a few years ago that the maroon on maroon uniforms were a thing of the past?" Looks like to me that the Maroon on Maroon is going to be a thing of the future as well. Congrats VT good luck next weekend!!!!

They should have gave the man a shot last night. They had nothing to lose, however, Glennon do a good job. I hope they carry the momentum to Miami as well. If this happens, it can only mean good things for VT. No they wont make it to the NC but they will get an even better bowl bid. Id like to see them in the ACC title game also.

Those uniforms are my favorite combo they wear. they earned back the national respect they had lost last night. I loved the swarming defense. No gettin' ran over and tryin' to catch backs as they run by.(except Rouse)

Hokie nation has got to pull for Miami tonight. If they win, and we beat them, we'll be in the driver's seat.

[ QUOTE ]

The best QB in the world won't make up for a weak o-line. I'm afraid Tech won't win another game this year against any team with a decent defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just take a look at the Dallas Cowboys. Weak line=no production from backfield

Ore doesnt have the speed of some of the backs out there, but reminded me of a great 30 carry a game back like curtis martin, he just keeps coming at you, i like watching him run. he should make a good pro back if he keeps going and getting better each week. and like i said clemson was over rated.

Guest JJBrickface

I thought Clemson was overrated too. Proctor is definately overrated, he is more of a "manage the game" type quarterback. Clemsons play calling was way too conservative. Tech is tough to beat at Lane in night games.

It was a total team effort last night and old school, smashmouth Virginia Tech football. The stadium was rocking the entire night. The only time I sat down was during halftime, but other than that I didn't sit the entire night. A big tip of the hat should go to the offensive line for the way they performed last night. They've played like crap much of the season, but played outstanding last night against a very good and fast defense. If they'd run block like that every week Ore would be averaging over 200 yards a game.

It was a great win and a big shot in the arm for the program. However, there is still plenty of football left to be played and the road goes through Miami next week.