Let's Goooooooo...

GMan

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah I'm not going to name any names because I don't know of any exact names, it may have not even been on this board but one of the Hokie boards. I did hear some WVU fans taking up for Henry or Pac Man when they first did something but as the incidents came up the more people distanced themselves from them. When Henry flipped off the Rutgers fans everyone was embarrassed. Coach Rod even immediately went over to the section that he flipped off and apologized. I guess thats the difference, Beamer's leash has been too long over the years. Was Vick suspended for any games last year? I am being serious with that question and not sarcastic! He definately should have not been allowed to play in the 2nd half.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I did hear some WVU fans taking up for Henry or Pac Man when they first did something but as the incidents came up the more people distanced themselves from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just described the Marcus Vick situation at Virginia Tech...

If Virginia Tech must suffer long term reprecussions because of the thug like actions of Marcus Vick, then WVU should be held to the same standard with Pacman and Chris Henry. The Chris Henry situation is exactly like the Marcus Vick situation, except for the fact that Vick had a higher profile than Henry, thus was more publicized and scrutinized. Henry actually entered the draft following his junior year, because much like Vick, he was going to be kicked off the team for his senior year of eligibility. The funny thing about all of this is that he continues this disruptive behavior even to this day because he just finished out a two game suspension for misbehavior off the field.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

If Virginia Tech must suffer long term reprecussions because of the thug like actions of Marcus Vick, then WVU should be held to the same standard with Pacman and Chris Henry. The Chris Henry situation is exactly like the Marcus Vick situation, except for the fact that Vick had a higher profile than Henry, thus was more publicized and scrutinized. Henry actually entered the draft following his junior year, because much like Vick, he was going to be kicked off the team for his senior year of eligibility. The funny thing about all of this is that he continues this disruptive behavior even to this day because he just finished out a two game suspension for misbehavior off the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the thing though. It wasn't just Marcus Vick that gave VT that image. WVU has had some problem players through the years but its not as nearly long as the list that VT had. The multiple off field troubles that VT players have had, the Vick stomp, the Vick elbow, the Vick finger, the eye gouging on Cadillac Williams, the dancing on the field while your team is down, the stick-um that VT players were caught using during the one WVU game a few years ago, and the most important reason is the leniency Beamer has had on players over the years. Thats why they are expereiencing long term reprecussions because Beamer didn't do enough in the past to control behavior.

they bought them at the hokie store downtown blacksburg...lol...both teams have thugs....there is not a college football program in america that does not have trouble makers.....it is apart of the game, i wish it wasnt but it is.....

Guest JJBrickface

I agree linemen, EVERY team does. The point I'm trying to make is that Beamer didn't do enough in the past to deal with it. Thats why VT has the bad image.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the thing though. It wasn't just Marcus Vick that gave VT that image. WVU has had some problem players through the years but its not as nearly long as the list that VT had. The multiple off field troubles that VT players have had, the Vick stomp, the Vick elbow, the Vick finger, the eye gouging on Cadillac Williams, the dancing on the field while your team is down, the stick-um that VT players were caught using during the one WVU game a few years ago, and the most important reason is the leniency Beamer has had on players over the years. Thats why they are expereiencing long term reprecussions because Beamer didn't do enough in the past to control behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

First of all it isn't Beamer's call. Once a player gets into trouble with the law all disciplinary decisions default to the school president and the athletic director.

Marcus Vick at Virginia Tech:

Strike #1 - Suspended 3 games for an undisclosed violation of team rules

Strike #2 - Suspended for the entire 2004 season

Strike #3 - Permanently dismissed from the football team

What else should have been done? Do you think he should have been kicked off the team at strike one like Bradshaw was at UVA?