Richlands reminds me.....

pigskincleat

of the great team that Gate City Had in the early seventies. I think maybe 73 or 74. They ran the table and none was close. They had the first team on the bench for the second half in all games except the one at Graham. It was only 7-0 at half.(ended up 30's -0). They had the Rogers in the backfield with a extremely great line. If I am not mistaken they may gave up the fewest points every in the swd. They cruised through the playoffs not missing a beat.

To me it looks like history is about to repeat itself. I know that the fans of Richlands do not want to hear it, but this team is special. Quit the worry about records and just enjoy the times. Records will be remembered by the oldtimers later on. The last thing anyone needs, is the worry who breaks what. It does not matter, records are made to be broken, and trust me someone will come along and be just as good as this team and break their records too.

So, here is from the old pig, best of luck this rest of the way. Take one game at a time and bring back the trophy to the swd.

[ QUOTE ]

They remind me of the 95 King George team that rolled through an easy schedule, including several single A teams in route to a state title game appearance, in which they lost to Graham 23-18....

[/ QUOTE ]

That won't happen to Richlands. We beat Graham by three touchdowns.

i wish the best luck to all the teams in the playoffs....but regular season is over with and oldschoolblue said richlands beat graham by three touchdowns... in 2002 graham beat grundy by 4 tds in the regular season and grundy beat graham in the region 4 finals .....richlands is my pick but u never know...that is why they play the game............just food for thought

[ QUOTE ]

i wish the best luck to all the teams in the playoffs....but regular season is over with and oldschoolblue said richlands beat graham by three touchdowns... in 2002 graham beat grundy by 4 tds in the regular season and grundy beat graham in the region 4 finals .....richlands is my pick but u never know...that is why they play the game............just food for thought

[/ QUOTE ]

True!! Like in 2004 Grundy was the team had only one loss in the season to Richlands, Grundy played V-High last game of the season and whooped there ass but then in the next week the same 2 teams played again in the first round of the playoffs and V-High beat them which paved the way for the Dawgs to move on up the state that year. The playoffs is a whole new season, anything can happen and I know Richlands, Tazewell, Graham and V-High and all other playoff teams know that!!!

im not going to lie i hate R-lands as much as anybody....but this urban myer run & gun offense is goin to be hard to defend....but like i said before anything is possible....and i dont consider it cocky not yet... now after the first week of playoffs my opinoin could change..but good luck to Tazwell,Graham,Carroll, and as much as i hate to say it..lol...good luck R-lands....represent are district well......

only time will answer the ultimate question. all the good teams i've seen around this area from the 86 dawgs, 89 gmen, 92 blues, p valley & gate city teams of th 90's had a little swagger about them.

gmen22 "a man with hands in pocky feels cocky all day" you should know this better than anyone!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They remind me of the 95 King George team that rolled through an easy schedule, including several single A teams in route to a state title game appearance, in which they lost to Graham 23-18....

[/ QUOTE ]

That won't happen to Richlands. We beat Graham by three touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not overconfidence. It's called sarcasm. Just defending our honor a little.