Grundy Golden Wave logo...either jpeg or gif...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

Hey wave is there any truth to the rumor that walmart backed out and is going to go up on the strip @ Little Prater?

[/ QUOTE ]

Walmart is still gonna be at the new site down town...permits have been applied for according to a building inspector..there awaiting steel to be be deliverd

I was hoping so much .. would like to see "downtown" used for local businesses. But the way thimgs drag on around here, It may be 10 years b4 anything happens up there.

Of course, they'll prob. move up there when they can, leaving 2 empty floors downtown.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hey wave is there any truth to the rumor that walmart backed out and is going to go up on the strip @ Little Prater?

[/ QUOTE ]

Walmart is still gonna be at the new site down town...permits have been applied for according to a building inspector..there awaiting steel to be be deliverd

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been hearing that Jack "God of Grundy" Smith has bought up most of the land at the new town site...If you are a Buchanan County native, he's got us by the balls once again...lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been hearing that Jack "God of Grundy" Smith has bought up most of the land at the new town site...If you are a Buchanan County native, he's got us by the balls once again...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This town will always be dictated by the Smiths. Rumor is they're wanting to put another food city alongside the wal-mart......lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack owns nothing on that side of the river at the new town site..He may want to put something over there but he owns nothing..Pocahontas Land Co. owns the site the town has it leased...Pocahontas Land Co. is Norfolk Southern....

[ QUOTE ]

i love the irony in the logo, a giant wave towering over the town of grundy, is that the old town or the new one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha Mayor using literary terms... Wow.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

yeah i know cuz theyre are Tons of Cobras, Tigers, Panthers and Rebels running around the hills of swva

[/ QUOTE ]

dont forget brown trout in slate creek...lol

Guest BlueBlue

Grundy might as well forget returning there pride.Teams like Richlands,Tazewell,and now Haysi has kicked it out of them.There a sad team I have seen them play and I can say they just dont have the talent one player cant win 10 games for you its a team effort.Yall might think you goin to return to glory but this coming fall when football returns to the area the only excitement for Grundy is the new Wal Mart.