Richlands Vs. Richlands

lee

Will Bluefield make the playoffs and what will their record over the final 3 games be.  

1. 1. Will Bluefield make the playoffs and what will their record over the final 3 games be.

[ QUOTE ]

Who would win this match up. I know there isnt much way to compare them or anything, just thought that it would be a fun topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on if the 92 team has the long cleats on.......if they do they win......sorry couldn't resist....

Whew! I'm glad I didn't start this thread. But, here's my two cents. First off, they are two completely different teams. '06 was finesse. '92 was power, speed, and technique. I'm going with '92 (My opinion is totally biased.) I don't think there has been a running back as dynamic as Breeding in a long time. The better O-line was definitely '92. It's odd, because in this case, smaller was better. It is impossible for some of the younger members on here to compare. They were too young to remember the '92 team. I'm not done with this thread. Just waiting for more feedback.

You really should have. Resisted.

No way to really every make any logical comparsion.

Would have to think 06 would have enough offenseive balance to out point 92. But then you have to remember the teams 92 overcame were larger and tougher than now.

NO need to compare both were increible teams.

Oh! Don't take it the wrong way. Both teams were awesome. The good part is that both teams have carved out a niche in local football lore. This is only for fun and does make interesting conversation. Don't think '06 would outpoint the '92 team. The '92 team had a way of making other teams play right into their strength. The '92 defense was just as good as the '06 D. With many comparable players. Nose Tackle - - '92 Pete Richardson, '06 Tatum. Both smaller, quicker players. Linebacker - - '92 Chris Harrison and Kevin Smith, '06 Brett Clayburne and Joey Fletcher. Both lead by an all-stater and joined by a tremendously tough and talented linebacker.

Old School,

If I'm not mistaken you probaly played on that 92 team or near that time. So here's some food for thought and something maybe you can answer.

If the defenses were very similiar than could Breeding run againist the 92 "D" like he did againist the other teams that year?

Brannon Bredding was a tremendous player. But as I said earlier, he had a hell of an offensive line. Brannon could have ran against any defense with success. Against Salem, he rushed 46 times for 229 yards. That is a tough back. Caleb is also an awesome back, much quicker, not as fast. Each back suited their respective offenses very well. Football has changed since the nineties. Smash Mouth has been replaced by the Spread. And to answer your question, yes, I played for Richlands in 1991 through 1994 and graduated in the Spring of '95.

[ QUOTE ]

Brannon Bredding was a tremendous player. But as I said earlier, he had a hell of an offensive line. Brannon could have ran against any defense with success. Against Salem, he rushed 46 times for 229 yards. That is a tough back. Caleb is also an awesome back, much quicker, not as fast. Each back suited their respective offenses very well. Football has changed since the nineties. Smash Mouth has been replaced by the Spread. And to answer your question, yes, I played for Richlands in 1991 through 1994 and graduated in the Spring of '95.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were a sophomore on the team?

Did you start? What position?

Actually in two-a-days, I initially started at DT. But, I lost the position to Chris Crawford. Chris went on to win the SWD Defensive Player of the Year in '92. I was the closest thing to a sixth man in the O-line. Yancey Tabor and Adam Yost at Tackles. Chris Crawford and Brian Triplett at Guards. And the one and only Sam Barnett at Center. Barnett was one of the best Centers to ever play at Richlands. I was lucky enough to play with another great Center the following season, Robbie "Honk" Honaker. No, I didn't start. I was only in my third year of football. Seeing that I didn't play in midget league. But it was an honor to share the field with some great teammates.

[ QUOTE ]

Old School, How did the blues do in the 93 playoffs.... Oh my bad... The Blues couldn't make it that year. Luckly you were just a junior that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite all right, Tully. Although it says alot about that group of young men and Coach Terry Wess that season. Because the team knew before the season that regardless of how successful we were that season. We would be ineligible for the playoffs and would play only ten games. I think Tully has been on the receiving end of too many piledrivers. Because Richlands was the Southwest District Champions in 1993. I thought you may have remembered that Tully!

7-3. We dropped our first two games @ Lebanon and against Powell Valley at home. We also lost our homecoming game against Christiansburg, 21-22. We were up 21-0 at halftime. Lebanon was lead by Nathan McGlothlin who played football at Princeton University. Powell Valley featured Chad Bishop at RB. Thomas Jones was a sophomore. Bishop was similar to Caleb. He started over Jones.