Defense

Dawgs_33

HAHAHAHAHA You guys are funny on here...Hey why dont you all do this.....GET A LIFE!!! And stop talking smack on a damn web site...Who cares if he made a big hit....Lets see if he can do it in August..Ok let it rest

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ok dude...first off...did u see the Hit against Hidden Valley...did i see a video of u on the news...think not...the day u put shane wicks on his John Brown hine parts...i will forever b greatful to u

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, the hit against Hidden Valley was a heck of a hit...one of the better ones I've seen in high school football, a real "momentum changer" during a very important game.

HOWEVER, anyone can lay a slobber-knocker on a player that doesn't see it coming. The Hidden Valley player was a sitting duck and could have been leveled by a 7-year old kid running full speed with great timing.

I'm not taking anything away for the Richlands player, he is good...but I really doubt he could put that kind of lick on a player who is bigger than him and who sees it coming.

Just my $.02 worth of valuable insight...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know to many kids that are bigger than wicks he's 6'1 235

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not matter if he were 7 feet tall and weighed 300 pounds; anybody could knock him over if the proper circumstances were present. It is basic physics, all it takes is for him not to be looking or have his weight headed in the wrong direction and a 5th grader could run him over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but you dont know that since you dont play football. You sit on here and talk about people all the time you have no idea what your talking about from what I hear.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ok dude...first off...did u see the Hit against Hidden Valley...did i see a video of u on the news...think not...the day u put shane wicks on his John Brown hine parts...i will forever b greatful to u

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, the hit against Hidden Valley was a heck of a hit...one of the better ones I've seen in high school football, a real "momentum changer" during a very important game.

HOWEVER, anyone can lay a slobber-knocker on a player that doesn't see it coming. The Hidden Valley player was a sitting duck and could have been leveled by a 7-year old kid running full speed with great timing.

I'm not taking anything away for the Richlands player, he is good...but I really doubt he could put that kind of lick on a player who is bigger than him and who sees it coming.

Just my $.02 worth of valuable insight...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know to many kids that are bigger than wicks he's 6'1 235

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not matter if he were 7 feet tall and weighed 300 pounds; anybody could knock him over if the proper circumstances were present. It is basic physics, all it takes is for him not to be looking or have his weight headed in the wrong direction and a 5th grader could run him over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but you dont know that since you dont play football. You sit on here and talk about people all the time you have no idea what your talking about from what I hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um… yeah.

I don't play football, which is exactly why I don't post football comments, because I don't know the game.

I refrain from posting on topics I don’t know.

I posted a PHYSICS comment, which is something I do know.

then you should know that greater mass and velocity create a bigger impact.......wicks is a large force that moves at a high speed.....not everyone could recreate the force of that hit

[ QUOTE ]

if someone smaller than him was traveling faster than he was then it would still make the same impact? right?

[/ QUOTE ]

mass X velocity = momentum.........while it is true that someone smaller moving at a speed proportionately increased to their reduced mass (difference between their weight and wicks's)could generate the same momentum, it's not realistically going to happen unless they weigh very very close to wick's weight.....for instance, steve brown (150lbs?) would have to be moving at a speed increase of 33 1/3% in order to match the difference in his body mass and wick's (225 lbs?) ....that means if wick's runs the 40 in 4.8 seconds, brown would have to run the 40 in 3.2 seconds to generate the same momentum....even someone weighing 200 lbs (a 25 lb difference) would have to run at a speed 12.5% faster to create the same momentum....that 12.5% would amount to .6 seconds in the 40.....if you see a 200 pounder running a 4.2 forty....... you must be in south florida or northern va...lol

dcecil, you need to take remedial physics

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if someone smaller than him was traveling faster than he was then it would still make the same impact? right?

[/ QUOTE ]

mass X velocity = momentum.........while it is true that someone smaller moving at a speed proportionately increased to their reduced mass (difference between their weight and wicks's)could generate the same momentum, it's not realistically going to happen unless they weigh very very close to wick's weight.....for instance, steve brown (150lbs?) would have to be moving at a speed increase of 33 1/3% in order to match the difference in his body mass and wick's (225 lbs?) ....that means if wick's runs the 40 in 4.8 seconds, brown would have to run the 40 in 3.2 seconds to generate the same momentum....even someone weighing 200 lbs (a 25 lb difference) would have to run at a speed 12.5% faster to create the same momentum....that 12.5% would amount to .6 seconds in the 40.....if you see a 200 pounder running a 4.2 forty....... you must be in south florida or northern va...lol

dcecil, you need to take remedial physics

[/ QUOTE ]

I took physics last year, and for what I was saying you need to take remedial common sense if you still don't say it is possible.

I was saying that Wicks could get KNOCKED OVER by the guy from Graham or anybody for that matter.

A person of any size can knock over any other person IF the surrounding environment is correct.

First of all, your logic seems correct, BUT you must remember that no human reaction can be represented by a formula.

Also, you did not factor in coefficients in your assessment.

Humans can not be realistically formulated in ANY manner; it is all hypothetical in the manner you were describing.

In the formulas involving humans, it MUST be ASSUMED that the weight present is ‘dead weight.’ We all should know that due to the complex manner of the human body, dead weight is not possible. Human reactions and tension cannot be measured.

If Player A (let’s say Wicks) is standing still or his momentum is in an opposite direction of Player B, Player B would have the advantage in knocking Player A onto the ground.

The said ‘momentum’ of Player B that you described could be easily less due to the situation of Player A.

Player A could be easily knocked to the ground even if Player B was traveling at a speed that would not normally knock Player A to the ground due to the momentum and direction of Player A.

Player’s A size would then be working to a disadvantage due to the direction of him movement.

after reviewing the thread i realize you and i are talking about 2 different things.......someone else has said someone 160lbs could have made a hit just as hard as wicks did on the kid from hidden valley....you, on the other hand, are saying wicks can be knocked down by someone smaller if the circumstances are right.....i agree with you in that regard.......but as far as the wicks hit on the punt returner, my mass X velocity explanation holds true

Someone smaller than wicks, moving faster than wicks would not have created the same force as Wicks without also having the power of Wicks. I know nothing about physics but I do know he wasn't on roller skates and bumped into the kid at a high rate of speed. The power in his legs and torso had to play a role in driving through the kid with enough force to send his helmet 20 feet in the air and leave him crawling on the turf trying to remember his name.

Can we retire this subject yet? I'm sure Shane Wicks would be the first to say he's sick of hearing about it. It was a great hit, greatest I've ever seen in person, but it's been blown way out of proportion

[ QUOTE ]

Someone smaller than wicks, moving faster than wicks would not have created the same force as Wicks without also having the power of Wicks. I know nothing about physics but I do know he wasn't on roller skates and bumped into the kid at a high rate of speed. The power in his legs and torso had to play a role in driving through the kid with enough force to send his helmet 20 feet in the air and leave him crawling on the turf trying to remember his name.

Can we retire this subject yet? I'm sure Shane Wicks would be the first to say he's sick of hearing about it. It was a great hit, greatest I've ever seen in person, but it's been blown way out of proportion

[/ QUOTE ]

i also heard that the kid wicks hit ended up returning one in that game too

I was on the HV side of the stadium where the interception took place. I think Shane Wicks is one of the best all around players I have seen in a while he is an excellent blocker on special teams and we all know the defensive stud he is. Its unfortunate that the kids from T-Town and Graham are jealous of him. But he's got something they dont a ring.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

SWD will be as tough as always, Graham and Richlands usually have a really good D along with Tazewell.....but i think who evers defense will stand out the best will win district

[/ QUOTE ]

NO doubt that abingdon and Marion's Defenses will dominate the swd next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKIN?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wow you guys take SHlT to serious on this web site..it was a joke..lol..now i bet you feel like the dumbass now

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you put lol when you said you could run over Wicks didnt think so. DUMBASS!

[/ QUOTE ]

yall think to much of wicks cuz he hit that guy running at full speed and the guys head was up loooking at the ball standing still.. lol hes not that big..

[ QUOTE ]

I was on the HV side of the stadium where the interception took place. I think Shane Wicks is one of the best all around players I have seen in a while he is an excellent blocker on special teams and we all know the defensive stud he is. Its unfortunate that the kids from T-Town and Graham are jealous of him. But he's got something they dont a ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

we will EARNHART!!! lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we will EARNHART!!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

EARNHARDT is spelled with a D. Genius. You think id mess that up?